Iowa to hire Bobby Kennedy and Jim Reid?

thejumper5

This is what FootballScoop.com is reporting. Kennedy was most recently the WR coach at Colorado. Before that, he was with Greg Davis at Texas. Reid has been the DC at Virginia for the past three seasons. He has head coaching experience at VMI, Richmond, and UMass. He was once the DL coach for Syracuse and coached LBs for the Dolphins from 2008-09.

This is what FootballScoop.com is reporting. Kennedy was most recently the WR coach at Colorado. Before that, he was with Greg Davis at Texas. Reid has been the DC at Virginia for the past three seasons. He has head coaching experience at VMI, Richmond, and UMass. He was once the DL coach for Syracuse and coached LBs for the Dolphins from 2008-09.

Reid for Wilson? Or is there other shuffling going on? I thought Erb was out? Hmmm.

Kennedy has been coming to Iowa since the fall. It's who gd wanted from day 1. Ferentz gave erb, Campbell and Wilson ultimatums in their postseason meetings to look for new work. The Campbell domino fell, erb is out, but nothing official yet and with Jim Reid it looks like the Wilson domino will fall as well.

I'm really hoping we hire Bobby Kennedy and I'm hoping that after a win and the next game up is in Evanston, he's say something like, "now it's on to Chicago and let's win there too".

I'm really hoping we hire Bobby Kennedy and I'm hoping that after a win and the next game up is in Evanston, he's say something like, "now it's on to Chicago and let's win there too".

Excellent historical reference. If kennedy can get it done all the better.

Kennedy has been coming to Iowa since the fall. It's who gd wanted from day 1. Ferentz gave erb, Campbell and Wilson ultimatums in their postseason meetings to look for new work. The Campbell domino fell, erb is out, but nothing official yet and with Jim Reid it looks like the Wilson domino will fall as well.
Thanks for up-date. It doesn't appear as if KF is just sitting on his hands as so many people around here think.

There seems to be a lot of shaking in Iowa City this offseason. I like it.

In all honesty what were you expecting TX fans to say? They basically ran the offensive side of the coaching staff out the door. Of course they are going to say bad things.

He worked for greg davis so he has to be good. Kirk davis knows what hes doing. Plus this will give one more year of "give him a break he has a new staff".

I thought this line was pretty good:

"My first thought on hearing this rumor is that Kirk Ferentz must actually hate the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's trolling you."

Hope this is true. It tells you how bad those asst. coaches are when they can't get hired by anybody else. It's been over two months and they still can't find anything.

Glad this is happening now, should've happened several years ago even if KOK was still the OC.

FreedComanche

this makes sense. My question - is this speculation?

He worked for greg davis so he has to be good. Kirk davis knows what hes doing. Plus this will give one more year of "give him a break he has a new staff".

I was talking to a fb friend of mine that plays for Colorado and he told me Kennedy was coming to Iowa as far as he knew.

Latest posts