Iowa to hire Bobby Kennedy and Jim Reid?

I'm confused. More than one person on that shaggybevo thread said Kennedy liked big, slow WRs. I thought the consensus was Iowa needed faster, quicker WRs for The Greg Davis System to work? DOES NOT COMPUTE

I'm confused. More than one person on that shaggybevo thread said Kennedy liked big, slow WRs. I thought the consensus was Iowa needed faster, quicker WRs for The Greg Davis System to work? DOES NOT COMPUTE

dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-internet.jpeg

I like the Reid hire, he has a good reputation of being a detail oriented coach. I am assuming he will be coaching DBs, which attention to detail is extremely important. Jury is out with Kennedy, Colorado really did not do much offensively. However, sometimes new situation with a fimilar face energizes coaches. This does give Davis another coach that understands his system. Now we just need Ferentz to allow Davis to implement his office, not O'Keefe's.

I've also been hearing Reese Morgan may be out, too. That one raised my eyebrows a little bit, since I thought he actually did a pretty solid job with what he had to work with in his first year at a new position. Source said Ferentz is cleaning house.

I've also been hearing Reese Morgan may be out, too. That one raised my eyebrows a little bit, since I thought he actually did a pretty solid job with what he had to work with in his first year at a new position. Source said Ferentz is cleaning house.

If true, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Morgan was going to be retiring within the next couple of years anyway.

If true, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Morgan was going to be retiring within the next couple of years anyway.

I figured he wouldn't go a lot longer, but I didn't think he'd hang it up after this year. I just assumed he'd have quit after last year, considering the position change.

I find it very, very, very hard to believe Reese would be leaving for any reason but his own choice.

Your right, If he leaves it is his choice. Would bet on it.

What about the rumor he was retiring? Is that one still out there? I don't want him to leave unless KF and staff think he isn't pulling his weight but I am sure it gets to the point for some people that retirement is the answer.

Can't say I am very excited about kennedy, but I do think that reid could be a nice addition. Hopefully, they will both work out well...

Dave Im sorry. I have Zero information on the retirement thing. Just dont know. He is not one of the coaches I have thought would be leaving, but retirement is a whole different deal
What about the rumor he was retiring? Is that one still out there? I don't want him to leave unless KF and staff think he isn't pulling his weight but I am sure it gets to the point for some people that retirement is the answer.

Kennedy has been coming to Iowa since the fall. It's who gd wanted from day 1. Ferentz gave erb, Campbell and Wilson ultimatums in their postseason meetings to look for new work. The Campbell domino fell, erb is out, but nothing official yet and with Jim Reid it looks like the Wilson domino will fall as well.

Obviously I'm not at practices, but I just can't wrap my head around the idea that there are coaches failing at their responsibilities worse than Greg Davis.

So what's the comprehensive theory here? Greg Davis is an offensive genius but Soup suddenly couldn't get his receivers to do the right things and Erb didn't do as well as expected after major injuries to just about every RB.

Also, since GD is the QB coach, shouldn't he be responsible for JVB's obvious regression?

Dave Im sorry. I have Zero information on the retirement thing. Just dont know. He is not one of the coaches I have thought would be leaving, but retirement is a whole different deal

It's okay LASBUR! I just thought I would ask. It was thrown around early in the season and wasn't sure if it was still something that people were hearing or not.

Latest posts