Iowa Targeting January for New OC

Michigan replaced their HC in 3 days.
Alabama took about a week to replace their HC.
Iowa's search for a replacement for the worst OC in FBS is now measured in months.
WTF?

Iowa's search for a replacement for the worst OC in FBS is now measured in months.
WTF?
Just for the record, I don’t give a fly in’ F… at a rollin’ donut how long it takes.

WTF?
Go to the mirror and state what you just wrote above. Thats a good tool for judging the value of an argument. Michigan and Alabama would be awash with choices. This is a huge move. There is no reason to rush. We have to wait until all the bigger sharks have eaten. This is again not the kind of move a school like Iowa would have to rush.

Your curiosity might be solved in about 48 hours.​

Not really sure on the rules or protocol, but one of the 2 finalists was coaching in the playoffs until last weekend. That may have delayed it since PC turned us down. PC just sat on the offer too long.

Go to the mirror and state what you just wrote above. Thats a good tool for judging the value of an argument. Michigan and Alabama would be awash with choices. This is a huge move. There is no reason to rush. We have to wait until all the bigger sharks have eaten. This is again not the kind of move a school like Iowa would have to rush.

Your curiosity might be solved in about 48 hours.​

If this information is correct, I believe there were 22 P5 teams with openings for a new OC. 18 P5 teams have hired their candidate. Iowa and 3 others are still shopping.
I am definitely more concerned with getting the hire right than the speed of the hire.
But I am bewildered by the amount of time the process has taken when compared to the other sharks.
That said, I expect there will be an announcement next week.

Last edited:

If this information is correct, I believe there were 22 P5 teams with openings for a new OC. 18 P5 teams have hired their candidate. Iowa and 3 others are still shopping.
I am definitely more concerned with getting the hire right than the speed of the hire.
But I am bewildered by the amount of time the process has taken when compared to the other sharks.
That said, I expect there will be an announcement next week.
I think the delay is derived from something greater than, or a precedent to hiring the OC. I also think we'll hear something next week and, if he'll take the job, it's Johns. I would be happy with the hire.

Latest posts