Iowa student tickets sales exploding!

iahawk20

Per Gary Barta at I club event tonight. "At this point last year we had zero mens student bball season tickets sold, this year we have 1,800 sold for Fran's team."

Wow!!

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this team averaging 85 points/game next with oglesby, marble, gesell, clemons, ingram and mccabe raining 3's. We should be able to push the ball for 40 minutes with fresh bodies. We also should be able to extend our pressure and trap at half court. I'm expecting a few games to resemble Loyola (marymount) with Gathers and Kimble. I can't wait.

Can't wait to see this team averaging 85 points/game next with oglesby, marble, gesell, clemons, ingram and mccabe raining 3's. We should be able to push the ball for 40 minutes with fresh bodies. We also should be able to extend our pressure and trap at half court. I'm expecting a few games to resemble Loyola (marymount) with Gathers and Kimble. I can't wait.

Seriously?

If demand keeps up like this, I might have to buy some. I'll likely be covering the team for the DI, but there's no reason I can't get season tickets and sell them off to the highest bidder :D

I am finding that zero to 1800 jump to be somewhat unbelievable. How many total did we end up selling last year? Could not have been more than 500. I find it a bit tough to believe that the Iowa student section will suddenly go from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand. And selling them this early? What student buys mens bb season tickets in April?

I hope he is on the level, as it would be a real boost to the program to have a rabid student section suddenly appear,a la Purdue or IU.

It seems like there is a lot of funny math with this claim as you said JH. It seems like they have opened up the ticket sales earlier than normal. That said, it makes sense that the student section will be full next year. It seems like everyone is hopeful for the revival. A less than stellar football season should help even more.

Latest posts