Iowa State favored by 9.5

I've heard it on radio and at work but nice to see a CyFan admit it here.

I see it on twitter all the time too. There is this drama queen named Ryan Miller that keeps going off the deep end with every loss and every recruiting miss. Oh wait, that is for Iowa.

How long before Fran is fired? Next year won't be much different. The recruiting class isn't going to make a huge impact in year one.

How long before Fran is fired? Next year won't be much different. The recruiting class isn't going to make a huge impact in year one.

If him and his wife keep acting like they do they will outstay their welcome this year. Will Iowa fans call for Alford back?

I think Iowa pulls off the upset. ISU got hammered by Drake. They haven't shown anybody they can play. Gaten's will heat up from the floor and torch them. LaFester in reverse!

I see it on twitter all the time too. There is this drama queen named Ryan Miller that keeps going off the deep end with every loss and every recruiting miss. Oh wait, that is for Iowa.

The goalie for the Buffalo Sabres and USA Olympic team? The All-American OL for the Colorado Buffaloes?

If him and his wife keep acting like they do they will outstay their welcome this year. Will Iowa fans call for Alford back?

troll_spray_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg

All depends on BC. If he can go, we have a chance. If not, we're doomed.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A]The Price is Right losing horn - YouTube[/ame]

I think the sooner the ISU fans learn that Babb and Allen are role players, always have been, always will be, the better on their stress levels. All last year, I couldn't understand what was making ISU fans think Chris Allen was going to be some super player, I really didn't. I had watched him numerous times, and outside of his monstrous dunk against NW, he really didn't seem like a game changer. Babb is the better player between the two. Also, Booker is not good. Most fans at SIU were celebrating his departure, and I see why now. Royce White seems to be trying to do too much, and he's a beast, but the rest of the team seems out of sync, and I think(more hope) White leaves for the NBA after this year. Now it's time to hear about how great Lucious is going to be next year, and again, what has he shown in the past that makes ISU fans think he's going to be really good? Clyburn, completely opposite. I think this kid will be a player for ISU next year, and if White stays will be a good 1-2 punch, and along with Babb could form a fairly good team. I still think White leaves after this year, as he's going to be 3 years removed from high school, is draft worthy, and has a family to feed. With that said, ISU by 15. LOL.

I think the sooner the ISU fans learn that Babb and Allen are role players, always have been, always will be, the better on their stress levels. All last year, I couldn't understand what was making ISU fans think Chris Allen was going to be some super player, I really didn't. I had watched him numerous times, and outside of his monstrous dunk against NW, he really didn't seem like a game changer. Babb is the better player between the two. Also, Booker is not good. Most fans at SIU were celebrating his departure, and I see why now. Royce White seems to be trying to do too much, and he's a beast, but the rest of the team seems out of sync, and I think(more hope) White leaves for the NBA after this year. Now it's time to hear about how great Lucious is going to be next year, and again, what has he shown in the past that makes ISU fans think he's going to be really good? Clyburn, completely opposite. I think this kid will be a player for ISU next year, and if White stays will be a good 1-2 punch, and along with Babb could form a fairly good team. I still think White leaves after this year, as he's going to be 3 years removed from high school, is draft worthy, and has a family to feed. With that said, ISU by 15. LOL.

White needs to work on his game before he even thinks of getting drafted. Right now he is a very undersized PF with no outside shot.

Allen will be good. He is coming off a hip injury and we have him playing point now. I expect him to score 15 a night with 6 assists. That's solid.

Babb is what ISU fans always thought. He's a good shooter with good size

Clyburn and White are the best bball talents on the team. I hope they get a chance to play together next year.

I don't see how White fits into the NBA. He can't guard a single '3' in the NBA and he has a very limited post game and no range at all. He's unique for a college player but a classic tweener at the NBA level. He may leave but I don't think it would work out.

The rest of the ISU team are role players but Clyburn is pretty damn good.

I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying. Freddy said he expected Allen to play a role similar to DG last year. DG certainly elevated his game last year compared to his first three mainly because ha had a lot more freedom.

Freddy started the season with Scotty at the point (which was a complete head scratcher) and Allen off the ball. Because od Scotty's inability to run the point, we had absolutely no rhythm offensively in a half court set. Although Allen is not a "true" point guard, he fits the role much better than a spot up shooter who is not very athletic and pounds the air out of the ball.

Completely agree about Booker. Has an NBA body but plays like he belongs in the WNBA.

Babb is a role player.

Our best guard has been JC transfer McGee. He provides a nice spark off the bench and can light it up.

RW is what I expected. Can be an absolute beast but needs consistency of playing.

Melvin, like Basabe is in a sophomore slump and has been non existent.

Frosh Gibson has been a pleasant surprise and will be inserted into the starting lineup this evening for Melvin. That allows us to have two true posts in the lineup.

Iowa State has the talent to put something together, especially in a down Big 12. They lack chemistry and consistency right now and are experiencing some growing pains as a result. I'd like to see them press more and push the tempo a bit because they really struggle in a half court game (see UNI).

I think they are about 15 points better than Iowa at Hilton.

It will be a good game I think. ISU has much more talent, but they still have a long way to go in learning how to play together. ISU wins something like 77-72

White needs to work on his game before he even thinks of getting drafted. Right now he is a very undersized PF with no outside shot.

Allen will be good. He is coming off a hip injury and we have him playing point now. I expect him to score 15 a night with 6 assists. That's solid.

Babb is what ISU fans always thought. He's a good shooter with good size

Clyburn and White are the best bball talents on the team. I hope they get a chance to play together next year.

15 and 6? Good luck with that

15 and 6? Good luck with that

He's averaging near 14 right now and has been in a slump. When he's been asked to run point he's getting 7 a game. I think he will be close to those #'s. We have nobody else that can do what he can do, so he will get those #'s out of necessity.

I see something similiar too. It's obvious that Fran is the better coach than Fred. Only reason that ISU beat Iowa last year is b/c Fred walked into a great situation where he returned loads of talent and even he couldn't mess that up. And Fran is obviously a better in game coach and showed that last year when he had a 9 point lead at halftime at home.

Wait - you think Fred was the in-game coach last year?

Latest posts