Iowa State Cancels Incarnate Word for Drake

Easy 'w' which is why you schedule fcs teams in the first place

If this were a scholarship FCS team like UNI, I could maybe see your point. This is a non-scholarship FCS team. It makes ISU look like a laughing stock. How was nobody from the MAC available? Or Sunbelt? Or ConfUSA? There are plenty of G5 teams that didn't make their playoffs and have no chance of going to a bowl, but ISU wants to end the year on a high note by beating up on a team they have no business playing.

If this were a scholarship FCS team like UNI, I could maybe see your point. This is a non-scholarship FCS team. It makes ISU look like a laughing stock. How was nobody from the MAC available? Or Sunbelt? Or ConfUSA? There are plenty of G5 teams that didn't make their playoffs and have no chance of going to a bowl, but ISU wants to end the year on a high note by beating up on a team they have no business playing.

That's litterally not how any of this works..... The only laughing stalk is your isulance in understanding why it has to be this way. I'll give you a hint. FBS teams can only play 12 games + a conferenc championship. I'll see if you get that fact first. FFS some of you need to educate your damn selves. You can hate ISU but pick the right battles already

That's litterally not how any of this works..... The only laughing stalk is your isulance in understanding why it has to be this way. I'll give you a hint. FBS teams can only play 12 games + a conferenc championship. I'll see if you get that fact first. FFS some of you need to educate your damn selves. You can hate ISU but pick the right battles already

ISU is bowl eligible, this game doesn't need to happen. The only reason it is happening is because Pollard is too *&#$ing cheap to refund season ticket holders for a game. You really think the players, coaches or fans want to play Drake after the season is over in essence?

ISU is bowl eligible, this game doesn't need to happen. The only reason it is happening is because Pollard is too *&#$ing cheap to refund season ticket holders for a game. You really think the players, coaches or fans want to play Drake after the season is over in essence?
What are they paying Drake ? Didn’t they still have to pay the Jackrabbits? Are they even going to come out ahead after saving on the refunds?

What are they paying Drake ? Didn’t they still have to pay the Jackrabbits? Are they even going to come out ahead after saving on the refunds?

You make my point, they had to pay the Jackrabbits no matter what, so Pollard isn't going to take that loss, plus the ticket loss. All he had to pay IW was $300K, and I'm sure Drake will get less than that. The only way ISU doesn't take a loss is by playing another game. Pollard only cares about the money.

You clearly don't understand football. Another practice week that doesn't count against total bowl practice count And a lot of youth will get game time.

So you're damn right the coaches want this game. HELLO MCFLY

Last edited:
You clearly don't understand football. Another practice week that doesn't count against total bowl practice count And a lot of youth will get game time.

I laugh at the argument about how this will be good game experience. How is a glorified scrimmage going to help them next season or this season? It's not. They might as well just have had their offense scrimmage their defense. That would be more helpful. Plus they would have another week of practice time regardless.

They are playing for NOTHING, the game means NOTHING. This game won't make ISU any better, as none of the opponents are even scholarship worthy.

I wouldn't say they're playing for nothing. ISU could attain a 9 win season with a bowl win......even an 8 win season is very rare for them historically. Primary benefit - It will feed the ISU football marketing machine and that will be used for any number of purposes. Eight and nine win seasons are seldom seen in their history especially when they're back to back. Pretty big deal when you're trying to dig yourself out of years of irrelevance and change perception.

Certainly would be of benefit additionally to gain some playing time for those that have little to date and don't risk burning a redshirt.

Loyal fans of Hawkeye Football, I expect you to quit obsessing about Iowa State and instead focus on the present, which is a very tough game against the soon-to-be Big Ten West powerhouse University of Nebraska. Remember it was just a few years ago our coaches and student athletes were out-coached and out-played by North Dakota State of FCS. Iowa is to North Dakota State as Iowa State is to Drake.

We shouldn’t be pointing fingers at anyone. What quality team did we beat this year...........???......................???.................. crickets...................................??????

Drake > Illinois

We shouldn’t be pointing fingers at anyone. What quality team did we beat this year...........???......................???.................. crickets...................................??????

Drake > Illinois
Even as hyperbole that's not even close.

Drake doesn't even give athletic scholarships. They might as well schedule Luther.

They are playing for NOTHING, the game means NOTHING. This game won't make ISU any better, as none of the opponents are even scholarship worthy.

Getting young players in the game for 'real game' experience. With the new redshirt rule it actually has some solid benefit. Its still w on the record. Money coming on off concessions.
So I would have to disagree it's for nothing. They're basically just playing the hand their dealt, keeps the money in state, drake players get to play on a 'big stage'

We mustn’t be concerned with our brethren to the West. This football team and these young student athletes made Hawkeye Nation proud today. We will celebrate for 1 hour then move onto our RedBox Bowl opponent.