Iowa signs what is considered one of the best players in the portal available

Yeah Iowa was in no position to turn him down to wait out on others. They could really use another big and a ball handling guard.

As excited as I was to get Bowen into the fold when we did I'm just as nervous to hand him the keys next yr. PG is going to be quite the question mark if we don't bring in anyone else. Sure TP can play some point but I don't think we want him to be the fulltime pg. Dix I'm not sold on being that either. But that's pretty much where we are now. Harding would have to be jaw dropping amazing to force himself into serious playing time right away. And the unknown of Nimmers who redshirted last yr. Is he more of a smaller 2 or a pg ball handler? So it feels like it's sink or swim for Bowen. Going to be an interesting off season the rest of the way

I believe Brock Harding is a little underrated

With a little seasoning, he will be a quite capable point guard

He has attitude and solid playmaking skills

Let's not forget Dix. He saw some decent minutes at the 1 this season and was effective. It is probably not his natural position, but a tall point like that can create match-up problems, like Marble. We will be young at the point, but I think there are three intriguing prospects there to compete for the minutes.

We are stacked at the wing positions. Krikke replaces Rebracha pretty well on paper and film. We still have a big hole at the other post and I am not confident Mulvey or the two frosh are the answers. Would love to get one more good post in the portal

He has a heck of a handle and can shoot. We'll see how well he does with the step up to D1 hoops. He's lighter then even JBo was coming in I thought I read he's like 155-160ish. Caitlin Clark weighs about that much. I think he's a fun player and look forward to seeing him I just hope we aren't relying on him day 1 to run the show

He has a heck of a handle and can shoot. We'll see how well he does with the step up to D1 hoops. He's lighter then even JBo was coming in I thought I read he's like 155-160ish. Caitlin Clark weighs about that much. I think he's a fun player and look forward to seeing him I just hope we aren't relying on him day 1 to run the show

Heitht: 6'1
Weight: 160

With proper conditioning, he will put on weight

Not certain conditioning will add inches to his height

He is very quick and can jitterbug all over the place

He is developing a dependable three-point shot

And he is in Constant Motion, difficult to quard

Anyone ever think about PMac at the #1? Being a 6'9" PG worked out pretty well for Magic.

Let' s inquire of the Lads

See what they think...

Funny Gifs : the shining GIF - VSGIF.com

:cool:

No he might have the worst handle on the team outside the 6'10 and up guys for one thing. Combine that with his decision making and that's a hell no.
I hope he spends the off-season getting stronger with the ball. He was not great this year but he’s going to be a leader moving forward and I hope his game picks up. If he’s like this year with better handles and works on his rebounding and D, he could make a big jump. Not counting on it, but he went through something this year and sometimes guys come out of that shit stronger.

Harding and Freeman both can play. I just want to caution you on expectations, it may take a year or two before it clicks. Bowen has decided to stick around, he just isn't going to rollover.

I hope he spends the off-season getting stronger with the ball. He was not great this year but he’s going to be a leader moving forward and I hope his game picks up. If he’s like this year with better handles and works on his rebounding and D, he could make a big jump. Not counting on it, but he went through something this year and sometimes guys come out of that shit stronger.
Yeah I'm not bashing him he clearly had a tough go of it most of the year. I feel for the kid. That's not how he envisioned his jr yr going. Hopefully he can have a strong off season. When he has the ball going down hill in a straight line to the hoop he's great. But that's not all that often. And he got to be pretty solid at jump shooting. That one game where he went nuts and hit like 4 or 5 threes in the first half was awesome. But his shot selection and ball handling leaves a lot to be desired especially for a coaches kid. He works on those two things and he could have a big Sr yr

Yeah I'm not bashing him he clearly had a tough go of it most of the year. I feel for the kid. That's not how he envisioned his jr yr going. Hopefully he can have a strong off season. When he has the ball going down hill in a straight line to the hoop he's great. But that's not all that often. And he got to be pretty solid at jump shooting. That one game where he went nuts and hit like 4 or 5 threes in the first half was awesome. But his shot selection and ball handling leaves a lot to be desired especially for a coaches kid. He works on those two things and he could have a big Sr yr
I also bet he plays 2 more years at Iowa much like his brother

I know Iowa is losing a lot this year and IMO, a program like Iowa is just not set up to absorb Jr.'s leaving early for the NBA and not miss a beat (Tyler Cook, Joe W, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray since 19-20 season) but I am really hopeful we can get a couple of bigs and still be competitive (bubble or better next year). I really do, because basketball can fall off quick. If we finish 12th or 13th or something next year, players jump, look for better spots and also, the fan base won't be able to absorb it either. As in, Carver gets emptier and NIL likely doesn't get better, maybe worse.

Iowa can't afford to dip or it could be very bad. Thankful we have Perk, Patrick, Sandfort and Dix to kind of build around and barring any more departures, that's a pretty good nucleus coming into next season that Fran can work with.

Iowa can't afford to dip or it could be very bad. Thankful we have Perk, Patrick, Sandfort and Dix to kind of build around and barring any more departures, that's a pretty good nucleus coming into next season that Fran can work with.
If the team is way more consistent than last year's, they don't have to be better to make the year a success.

I guess I am just thinking out loud but I just think Iowa is at a cross roads. People are not happy with results and the donations and funding for NIL for the hoops team seems to be an issue. That's on the back of 5 straight NCAA eligible years, 3 years of having a Wooden award finalist in a row .... can you imagine where this all goes if Iowa stumbles and finishes a season 11th or worse? Things can get much worse for Iowa hoops and I fear it for sure.

Heitht: 6'1
Weight: 160

With proper conditioning, he will put on weight

Not certain conditioning will add inches to his height

He is very quick and can jitterbug all over the place

He is developing a dependable three-point shot

And he is in Constant Motion, difficult to quard
Everybody talks about a teenager's identifiers like they won't change. Harding could still grow taller and get more mass...like Duke said, he's listed at 6'1 160 as a senior in high school. John Stockton was consistently listed at 6'1 170 throughout his playing career...I expect nothing less than a clone of John Stockton after a nice offseason in the weight room.

I guess I am just thinking out loud but I just think Iowa is at a cross roads. People are not happy with results and the donations and funding for NIL for the hoops team seems to be an issue. That's on the back of 5 straight NCAA eligible years, 3 years of having a Wooden award finalist in a row .... can you imagine where this all goes if Iowa stumbles and finishes a season 11th or worse? Things can get much worse for Iowa hoops and I fear it for sure.
People understandably are frustrated with the NCAA tourney finishes but Fran is recruiting at as high a level as anyone since Raveling. Next season has more unknowns than in recent years but I think Fran will keep them in the top half of the league, as usual.

Andy Katz, who is typically a pretty big Fran guy, has Iowa picked to finished 13th next year. Like, that can't happen. You can do that shit at Ohio State or Wisconsin and bounce back fine, but if Iowa does it we're at risk of being Penn State or Nebraska.