Iowa Running Backs...looking to the Future (dangerous)

Anyone else notice how AIRBHG was nowhere to be found last week vs Iowa State when Matt Roth was back in town and then struck with a vengeance right after he left? I think there's something to this "sending in a badass" to slay that sumbitch!:mad:

Matt Roth was in town last night too. I ran into him at the Airliner, he wrapped his arms around me and started whistling in my ear... hilarious.

When you add in the potential Oline's these guys could have monster stats for the next two years. Looking like Iowa could have an over 300lb average line next year and even heavier the year after.

Anyone else notice how AIRBHG was nowhere to be found last week vs Iowa State when Matt Roth was back in town and then struck with a vengeance right after he left? I think there's something to this "sending in a badass" to slay that sumbitch!:mad:

Matt Roth was in town last night too. I ran into him at the Airliner, he wrapped his arms around me and started whistling in my ear... hilarious.

That's how prison relationships get started...you're lucky it was at the Airliner!

What was the path that Weisman took to get here? He's a transfer from Air Force. I guess I don't know how it works, I thought if you went to the academy you were enlisted in the military??

I think this also shows just how consistently good the Iowa O-Line has been over the years.

Would love to see what an outstanding rb could do behind the O-Line.

Just curious to see what are rb production is once we match up against some of the more physical defenses in the Big.

I was thinking the same thing last night..especially seeing how Marcus Coker is second string at Stony Brook and had 17 carries for 57 yards vs Syracuse yesterday. The guy had one of the Top 30 single game rushing performances in conference history last year vs Minnesota and over 1300 yards and he's second string at Stony Brook.

What was the path that Weisman took to get here? He's a transfer from Air Force. I guess I don't know how it works, I thought if you went to the academy you were enlisted in the military??

You don't sign your life away at service academies until year 3.

Weisman is a bada$$ who is punishing and strong. If we use him somewhat sparingly, we should be OK, but who knows, Bullock and Garmin didn't have a lot of playing time when they went down. I think a healthy Garmin will give us something we haven't had on kickoffs in a while, the breakaway speed and quickness to give us good field position. Bullock is very good and if healthy will help Vandy with his passing game because of the threat of him breaking free. Hopefully they all will recover and stay healthy. It will make a huge difference......

Thank God for the D and halftime adjustments.....

Weisman is a bada$$ who is punishing and strong. If we use him somewhat sparingly, we should be OK, but who knows, Bullock and Garmin didn't have a lot of playing time when they went down. I think a healthy Garmin will give us something we haven't had on kickoffs in a while, the breakaway speed and quickness to give us good field position. Bullock is very good and if healthy will help Vandy with his passing game because of the threat of him breaking free. Hopefully they all will recover and stay healthy. It will make a huge difference......

Thank God for the D and halftime adjustments.....

Weisman really is a bada$$. I mean, it really looks like he is itching to blow somebody up each time he gets the ball. An admirable trait however if he keeps charging directly into oncoming linebackers he's going to end up with a collarbone in two pieces.

As someone tweeted yesterday, I think Weisman was sent to kill AIRBHG

I didn't tweet it, but whoever did stole it from me. I posted this. At 3:35.

after I had posted this at 3:26.

I fear AIRBHG starting to feel disrespected. Here Notice Bullock went down less than a minute later.

and after people doubted the ability to defeat AIRBHG after Garmon went down, I posted this:

Yes, Weisman will be our savior who vanquishes AIRBHG! in http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/50048-official-game-thread-18.html.

But Jon, I know you knew all that...

I realize that looking into the future as it relates to Iowa's running game is a fairly foolish notion and perhaps a waste of time, but here it goes.

Damon Bullock: Sophomore, good quickness and burst through the point of attack, seems like he might have some big play ability

Greg Garmon: Freshman, he has big play ability, young and we might not see it emerge until next year.

Jordan Canzeri: RS Frosh or Soph, depending on if he plays this year. When 100%, has big play ability, great lateral quickness, can be used in a few ways, in the slot, maybe some jet sweeps, showed toughness vs Oklahoma and has added 10 to 15 pounds.

Mike Malloy: Freshman, don't know much about him yet other than if he hadn't fallen ill this week, he would have played yesterday.

Barkley Hill: Freshman, redshirting: Was going to get reps and was likely #2 back halfway through camp, behind Bullock

Mark Weisman: Sophomore, different dimension than any other back on the team, shows impressive quickness and acceleration for a player of his size.

Brad Rogers: Likely fullback most of the rest of the way in his career, unless AIRBHG goes crazy.

That's a lot of names, some unproven and still proving commodities and all but Rogers have this year plus at least two more years as a minimum. The Iowa offensive line is going to keep getting better this year and next year should be one of the best in the league.

Given Iowa's RB injury/attrition issues, I am more amazed how the Hawks keep finding answers

I was taught how to answer this last night on Soundoff.

Yes your first statement is true......this is foolish.

I didn't tweet it, but whoever did stole it from me. I posted this. At 3:35.

after I had posted this at 3:26.

I fear AIRBHG starting to feel disrespected. Here Notice Bullock went down less than a minute later.

and after people doubted the ability to defeat AIRBHG after Garmon went down, I posted this:

Yes, Weisman will be our savior who vanquishes AIRBHG! in http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/50048-official-game-thread-18.html.

But Jon, I know you knew all that...

Typically I just delete game threads after they are over, because they usually contain the worst of what message boards have to offer. So no, I didn't see any of your posts.

Typically I just delete game threads after they are over, because they usually contain the worst of what message boards have to offer. So no, I didn't see any of your posts.
Wow.

You stick a needle in other kids' balloons while walking around at Adventureland, too, don't you?

I realize that looking into the future as it relates to Iowa's running game is a fairly foolish notion and perhaps a waste of time, but here it goes.

Damon Bullock: Sophomore, good quickness and burst through the point of attack, seems like he might have some big play ability

Greg Garmon: Freshman, he has big play ability, young and we might not see it emerge until next year.

Jordan Canzeri: RS Frosh or Soph, depending on if he plays this year. When 100%, has big play ability, great lateral quickness, can be used in a few ways, in the slot, maybe some jet sweeps, showed toughness vs Oklahoma and has added 10 to 15 pounds.

Mike Malloy: Freshman, don't know much about him yet other than if he hadn't fallen ill this week, he would have played yesterday.

Barkley Hill: Freshman, redshirting: Was going to get reps and was likely #2 back halfway through camp, behind Bullock

Mark Weisman: Sophomore, different dimension than any other back on the team, shows impressive quickness and acceleration for a player of his size.

Brad Rogers: Likely fullback most of the rest of the way in his career, unless AIRBHG goes crazy.

That's a lot of names, some unproven and still proving commodities and all but Rogers have this year plus at least two more years as a minimum. The Iowa offensive line is going to keep getting better this year and next year should be one of the best in the league.

Given Iowa's RB injury/attrition issues, I am more amazed how the Hawks keep finding answers

Bullock, Garmon, and Weisman all seemed to be kids who run really hard and push the pile foward, but nobody that really consistently make guys miss in open space.

Im not surprised at all that Iowa has run the ball well vs a MAC and 1AA team. Your oline is really dominant to that level of competition.

Latest posts