Iowa PG Bohannon 0 Assists

Sorry, JBO reminds me too much of Gatens, leave him alone and he can make a shot, and everyone oohs and ahs, put an athlete on him and he can't do jack.

Sorry, JBO reminds me too much of Gatens, leave him alone and he can make a shot, and everyone oohs and ahs, put an athlete on him and he can't do jack.

You need to go watch Gaten's during that NIT run. He was making shots with guys draped all over him. He could also get his own shot once in awhile. That was one of the best shooting runs I've seen by an Iowa player.

You need to go watch Gaten's during that NIT run. He was making shots with guys draped all over him. He could also get his own shot once in awhile. That was one of the best shooting runs I've seen by an Iowa player.

Yup that game brought me back to watching Kingsbury.

It was actually his run right before the NIT that I remember, he was on fire from deep.

upload_2018-12-10_9-46-58.png
upload_2018-12-10_9-46-33.png

JBo was the third best offensive point guard in the B1G last year. We all know his defense isn’t good but that is the case whether at the one or two position.
I know there's a joke in here somewhere about being "offensive", but I'm not going there.:D Personally, I'm not looking for an offensive PG. I'm looking for a floor general who runs the offense and gets the ball into the hands of our best players, controls the pace of play, can keep a hot perimeter from the opposing team in check, knows what defenses and OOB plays the coach wants, and can communicate with the team quickly and effectively.

I've been very pleasantly surprised with CM this season. I think he's doing just about all those things at a pretty high level.

I know there's a joke in here somewhere about being "offensive", but I'm not going there.:D Personally, I'm not looking for an offensive PG. I'm looking for a floor general who runs the offense and gets the ball into the hands of our best players, controls the pace of play, can keep a hot perimeter from the opposing team in check, knows what defenses and OOB plays the coach wants, and can communicate with the team quickly and effectively.

I've been very pleasantly surprised with CM this season. I think he's doing just about all those things at a pretty high level.
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Cmac as well. Sometimes when things are getting a little haywire I find myself saying get him out there to settle us down.

Is he doing anything at a high level? I’d say he’s getting to the free throw line and knocking them down at a high level, but I don’t see that lasting throughout the year. His assist to turnover ratio is solid. I think he might stand out on this team because he is literally the only guy who isn’t turnover prone. That might say more about our team than it does about Cmac.

If you want to talk defense the stats don’t favor Cmac. Advanced defense stats aren’t perfect but I can tell you he ranks 13th on the team in Drating and 12th on the team in Defensive Box +/-, both below that of JBo.

What I also know is we have two full seasons showing JBo playing at a pretty high level as an offensive PG. He’s struggled a bit through the first 12 games and it’s hard to put a finger on exactly why, but I tend to believe he is more the player we saw for two full seasons than the player we’ve seen in the 12 games this season.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Cmac as well. Sometimes when things are getting a little haywire I find myself saying get him out there to settle us down.

Is he doing anything at a high level? I’d say he’s getting to the free throw line and knocking them down at a high level, but I don’t see that lasting throughout the year. His assist to turnover ratio is solid. I think he might stand out on this team because he is literally the only guy who isn’t turnover prone. That might say more about our team than it does about Cmac.

If you want to talk defense the stats don’t favor Cmac. Advanced defense stats aren’t perfect but I can tell you he ranks 13th on the team in Drating and 12th on the team in Defensive Box +/-, both below that of JBo.

What I also know is we have two full seasons showing JBo playing at a pretty high level as an offensive PG. He’s struggled a bit through the first 12 games and it’s hard to put a finger on exactly why, but I tend to believe he is more the player we saw for two full seasons than the player we’ve seen in the 12 games this season.

Law of averages has to show up sooner or later for JBo, doesn't it? It wouldn't surprise me to see him have a couple of 5+ 3 pointer games coming up. Hopefully he gets hot in the next few weeks and rides that confidence into the rest of conference play.