Iowa Offers Dual Threat IL QB

I like this as well. I was thinking Scheel was Iowa's target at QB, but maybe they think he'd be a better receiver, I don't know. I definitely like the mobile part and he has good size.

^ I was going to post something similar about offering many dual threat QBs. I can't think of any that we landed and didn't develop outside of Derby though but I'm proly missing the obvious. I know Jake C was considered a top dual QB (like #16?) but I don't remember him being much of a dual threat since he couldn't pass (zing!) err, I mean wasn't exactly a great runner although strong as heck.

^ I was going to post something similar about offering many dual threat QBs. I can't think of any that we landed and didn't develop outside of Derby though but I'm proly missing the obvious. I know Jake C was considered a top dual QB (like #16?) but I don't remember him being much of a dual threat since he couldn't pass (zing!) err, I mean wasn't exactly a great runner although strong as heck.

McNutt was one, the kid from Glenville that got kicked out for drugs, can't recall his name. Don't know of many others, unless you include Manson and Tate

You all have it wrong. This is their new way to recruit. With all the departures of RBs the last few years, they can move a duel threat QB to RB when needed.

Iowa has offered dual threats...they haven't landed any. Kirk has said time and again that they are not opposed to that dimension in the offense, and they had it with Banks. But it's tough to get a kid to come to a school who has primarily played drop back, when you have been dual threat spread. HOWEVER, it doesn't have to be. Banks was deadly effective, as was Russell Wilson last year for Wisconsin.

If NW offered thats good enough for me. Sick of seeing Iowa getting torched by NW qbs. Scheelhause is a kid that wouldve been nice to land as well.

I doubt Thorson is being recruited by Iowa as a QB quite yet. This is his first year playing QB for the varsity, and even now he splits time with John Peltz at both QB and WR. As a quick example of their split time, here are each players' stats from their game against Naperville North (which features future Hawkeye OL Colin Goebel):
Peltz: 12/19, 227 yards passing, 4 catches, 57 yards receiving
Thorson: 6/8, 66 yards passing, 5 catches, 71 yards receiving

Thorson certainly could end up being a Big Ten QB, but I doubt Iowa is focusing too much on a position at this point in his recruitment.

I doubt Thorson is being recruited by Iowa as a QB quite yet. This is his first year playing QB for the varsity, and even now he splits time with John Peltz at both QB and WR. As a quick example of their split time, here are each players' stats from their game against Naperville North (which features future Hawkeye OL Colin Goebel):
Peltz: 12/19, 227 yards passing, 4 catches, 57 yards receiving
Thorson: 6/8, 66 yards passing, 5 catches, 71 yards receiving

Thorson certainly could end up being a Big Ten QB, but I doubt Iowa is focusing too much on a position at this point in his recruitment.

Wow, very interesting. My hope for Scheel as a QB are now again peaked. Not sure what to think about this? Is he a good WR?

Wow, very interesting. My hope for Scheel as a QB are now again peaked. Not sure what to think about this? Is he a good WR?

Here's the way I look at it: Peltz was the full-time starter last year and is getting MAC and FBS looks at QB. Thorson is good enough at QB that Wheaton North's coaches are willing to move a D1-level talent to play Thorson at QB. That's pretty telling.

Latest posts