Iowa Offers Dual Threat IL QB

The Zach Long thing is interesting. Wonder if he'd think about Iowa as a walk on? I don't know if he has the skills or not, just wondering. It is possible the kid could grow 2 more inches when he gets to college. I did, why not him?

The Zach Long thing is interesting. Wonder if he'd think about Iowa as a walk on? I don't know if he has the skills or not, just wondering. It is possible the kid could grow 2 more inches when he gets to college. I did, why not him?

It would be a disgrace if Iowa didn't at least offer him a walk-on opportunity. He might rather go play at a smaller school and get a scholarship but Iowa should at least give him that option.

It would be a disgrace if Iowa didn't at least offer him a walk-on opportunity. He might rather go play at a smaller school and get a scholarship but Iowa should at least give him that option.

Careful now...

603635.jpg

Why should Iowa hand out a scholarship to someone who doesn't deserve it.....

Watching him run was like watching an Ent scramble for a first down..... still brings a tear to my eye.

Dallas Clark looked like an ant on this play carrying a bunch of Minnesota ants on his back..:p
[video=youtube;n0ubOGLyRVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ubOGLyRVU[/video]

Careful now...

603635.jpg

I didn't have a problem with little Lick getting a walkon spot. I did have a problem with him seeing the floor in anything other than the last 30 seconds of a blowout though.

Long shouldn't be guaranteed a thing but due to his own high school success and the fact that his father is a legend at the U of I, Ferentz at least needs to give the kid a whot to make the team. No scholarship promises, no promises of playing time, just the opportunity to prove whether or not he can play quarterback for a Div 1 school. If he can't, he can transfer to a Div III school, or just hang out in Iowa City getting laid by coeds because he's the son of Chuck Long.

If you're committed to KF and GD, and GD's O requires a mobile QB, sounds OK to me. /acronyms

Latest posts