Iowa Nike Pro Combat Gear

You'd be excited too if your school colors sucked! We are blessed to have a naturally great color scheme.

I hope they do a blackout for the Nebraska game, and everyone wears black shirts that say, "IOWA - the REAL blackshirts!"

No ****! We are lucky to have bad *** black as one of our true colors!

Maybe it's an age thing, I don't know how old people on here are, but some posters seem to hate this purely because it's not "tradition" or isn't necessarily our color scheme. Guess what; times are a changin'. This era in college football is constructed of players who love rap music and bling-bling, all we can do is embrace it. Having dope uniforms gets the dope players from dope towns who can get us wins. Oregon gets it; they're thriving on it. Top programs understand this, and they use it in recruiting.

This stuff matters; kids go coocoo for cool unis. If you don't believe me, check this video:
Ohio Football: Reaction to Black Jerseys - YouTube

As far as what they should look like, in my opinion: Matte Black helmet like Missouri a couple years ago, either a white tigerhawk or a shinier black tigerhawk like Missouri had.
nike-pro-combat-exclusive-auction-missouri-10-570x355.jpg

Silver jersey with black numbers & names, some gold accents, perhaps on the cuffs or outlining the numbers, and then pants resembling our gold/black ones, but instead they'd be black with a silver stripe, and then perhaps a small gold outline. Black/silver shoes with black socks.

I am very excited.

Yep, the flat black helmets with a tigerhawk outline would be awesome!

I'm turning 30 today, and feeling old and crotchety. My two cents is I don't like it. I really haven't liked it when we went to throwbacks in the past either. To me, it's one less time during the year that I get to see the hawks that I know and love in the colors I know and love.

I'm done bitchin' now. Time to shower up, hang out, grab lunch, tap keg, get crunk!

As I recall the Missouri helmets looked more grey than flat black on TV. But I have to admit they were pretty cool, and I generally hate this kind of stuff.

My prediction is as time goes by, the tradition of using school colors for sports uniforms will fade away. Sort of like the singing of the alma mater - they'll be a few people that know they exist, but even fewer will know what they are.

Also, uniform numbers that can be read easily at a glance will become dorky, and any program committing this faux pas will see it's recruiting fall off the cliff.

On EA Sports Teambuilder for PS3's NCAA FB 13 I created what I think are pretty sweet Iowa Uniforms that I hope their Pro Combat ones look like. My EA Sports profile name is bearcatsNhawks if you want to look at them. Let me know what you think and what you would do different.

As I recall the Missouri helmets looked more grey than flat black on TV. But I have to admit they were pretty cool, and I generally hate this kind of stuff.

My prediction is as time goes by, the tradition of using school colors for sports uniforms will fade away. Sort of like the singing of the alma mater - they'll be a few people that know they exist, but even fewer will know what they are.

Also, uniform numbers that can be read easily at a glance will become dorky, and any program committing this faux pas will see it's recruiting fall off the cliff.

Maybe the USA should just change colors for the Olympics like Australia did (stupid green color and yellow). Don't mess with the colors...they mean something and should be left alone.

I'm turning 30 today, and feeling old and crotchety. My two cents is I don't like it. I really haven't liked it when we went to throwbacks in the past either. To me, it's one less time during the year that I get to see the hawks that I know and love in the colors I know and love.

I'm done bitchin' now. Time to shower up, hang out, grab lunch, tap keg, get crunk!

30? Old and crotchety? Believe me, in about ten years you'll look back and laugh at that statement. I've been a Hawk fan since well before you were born and I support the combat UNIs. Just do it classy. Mostly black with some true gold, not yellow, accents. Go to hawkeyeinsider and see a poster called DraftFreak's moniker. That helmet with a mostly black uniform would be the way to go. Yes, the kids like this stuff. Put it on national TV, preferably at night. Stay with the times or go down with the same old ship you've been riding.

My prediction is as time goes by, the tradition of using school colors for sports uniforms will fade away.

No.

There'll always be some nobody teams who flip around and change their colors (Florida Marlins, half of the NBA, etc), but the colors do mean something and teams should stick to them.

Pretty general description of the uniforms from Micah:

“Silver helmets, I think,” Hyde said. “I’ve only seen them once. I know we’re wearing silver pants, silver helmets and some black-and-gold jersey with black cleats. We don’t wear black cleats very often. I’m pretty sure we’re wearing black cleats.”

Sounds like mostly silver and black with some gold accenting. I think a silver helmet with a black tigerhawk/stripe and black facemask/chinstrap would look really nice.

Just a guy feeling but the way Micah and James and Kirk described them these are gonna be sick and will sell out at scheels pretty quickly.

These were not actually designed by Nike, and they aren't actually Pro Combat uniforms. From what I know the helmet will be silver/grey with the tiger hawk filled in with the flag. Black jersey, gold numbers with American flag on the upper back neck. Basic grey pants, no stripe. They will have the Nike swoosh on the jersey and the B1G logo but it sounds like they are completely designed by the football department.

These were not actually designed by Nike, and they aren't actually Pro Combat uniforms. From what I know the helmet will be silver/grey with the tiger hawk filled in with the flag. Black jersey, gold numbers with American flag on the upper back neck. Basic grey pants, no stripe. They will have the Nike swoosh on the jersey and the B1G logo but it sounds like they are completely designed by the football department.

Sounds awful. I guess there is someone who's a worse uniform designer than Under Armor.

Latest posts