Iowa Nike Pro Combat Gear

I mean seriously though, it's great they're honoring the armed forces....but I don't get it...and if they really want to honor them...the Iowa Athletic Department should donate a large portion of gate receipt to some vet charity or like the Wounded Warrior project or something like that.

I wouldn't mind seeing us come out wearing a cool-looking uni. Some of the designs nowadays are pretty cool and I think with our color scheme there would be some pretty cool options.

“Silver helmets, I think,” Hyde said. “I’ve only seen them once. I know we’re wearing silver pants, silver helmets and some black-and-gold jersey with black cleats. We don’t wear black cleats very often. I’m pretty sure we’re wearing black cleats.”

players will have a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces — Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, National Guard and Coast Guard — on their nameplate instead of their name.

Iowa will honor military with Pro Combat uniforms | TheGazette

Here's an artist rendering floating around.

Ay1Ln2BCYAE2wxK.png

“Silver helmets, I think,†Hyde said. “I’ve only seen them once. I know we’re wearing silver pants, silver helmets and some black-and-gold jersey with black cleats. We don’t wear black cleats very often. I’m pretty sure we’re wearing black cleats.â€

players will have a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces — Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, National Guard and Coast Guard — on their nameplate instead of their name.

Iowa will honor military with Pro Combat uniforms | TheGazette

procombat3_medium.jpg

My guess is the jerseys will be a dark silver with metallic gold numbers that are edge piped with black, the pants will be solid dark silver, and the helmets will be dark silver with a black facemask and black tigerhawk edged in gold; no stripe.

Last edited:
Maybe it's an age thing, I don't know how old people on here are, but some posters seem to hate this purely because it's not "tradition" or isn't necessarily our color scheme. Guess what; times are a changin'. This era in college football is constructed of players who love rap music and bling-bling, all we can do is embrace it. Having dope uniforms gets the dope players from dope towns who can get us wins. Oregon gets it; they're thriving on it. Top programs understand this, and they use it in recruiting.

This stuff matters; kids go coocoo for cool unis. If you don't believe me, check this video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAOfNEBZbE4"]Ohio Football: Reaction to Black Jerseys - YouTube[/ame]

As far as what they should look like, in my opinion: Matte Black helmet like Missouri a couple years ago, either a white tigerhawk or a shinier black tigerhawk like Missouri had.
nike-pro-combat-exclusive-auction-missouri-10-570x355.jpg

Silver jersey with black numbers & names, some gold accents, perhaps on the cuffs or outlining the numbers, and then pants resembling our gold/black ones, but instead they'd be black with a silver stripe, and then perhaps a small gold outline. Black/silver shoes with black socks.

I am very excited.

I am college age...and cannot stand these schools who have whacky uniforms (Read Oregon ASU, Maryland etc...) EXCEPT I do like the matte helmets Oregon has. I have always wanted to see Iowa go "Black out" for the blackout game....have uniforms like our old bball ones...pitch black with name and number and tiger hawk outlined in gold.

It would probably be hard to see....but it would look awesome.

Latest posts