IOWA NEEDS KENO!!!

Keno is not going to come to iowa. Just look at the way we keep disposing coaches. Look at our past three coaches, we kicked Mr. Davis out, because he couldnt get far into the trouney. We kicked Alford out, because he was too mean and we didnt like his attitude a year after he took us to a Big 10 championship. And now we're kicking out a guy who is working with a very small selection and horrible facilities. Now tell me why would a hot shot coach want to come here?

I'm getting so fricking sick of hearing about how Iowa keeps running off coaches.

Davis - 13 years (Yes, this was handled poorly, but the boob who let him go is gone now)
Alford - 8 years (mostly mediocre ones at that - Alford got PLENTY of license)

Did you forget that Alford took the New Mexico job and left by his own choosing
Nobody kicked him out. Get your facts straight.

If Lickliter gets fired this year, he would be the only coach that we've "disposed of" in a relatively short time since who knows when. When was the last time Iowa flat-out fired a coach? Not in my lifetime (unless it was Lute's predecessor, I don't know), and I'm 33 years old.

Lickliter will most likely end the season with the worst winning percentage in the history of Iowa Basketball. Think about that for a minute. In the HISTORY of Iowa Basketball. That records speaks for itself, don't you think? If that doesn't justify a coaching change, then I don't know what does. But I guess you think Lickliter's record is not his fault? You pretty much indicated as much in your post.

Bowlsby was a University of Iowa employee correct?

Yes, WAS.

Unless you think that Keno holds a grudge against the University rather than the man that shafted his father. I have no clue what Keno thinks of the UofI, but I'm not ready to blindly assume that Keno's supposed vendetta goes beyond Iowa's former AD.

Keno would have to do a complete team overall if he wants to run an uptempo full court game...the players that are there now are not capable of that. And I mean all of the players.

In response to the Pollard comment, I think he learned his lesson with Chizik and now Mcdermott. He's not going to go after the name any more. I also think he gets a jolly out of making a shocking hire on the hope that coach pans out so he can say he "made" the coach...
My bad. This tongue-firmly-implanted-in-cheek doesn't work well on a message board.

Keno isn't coming to Iowa. But if he would, I think there's 3 maybe 4 guys that could play up-tempo. How well? They couldn't for 40 minutes, but they could pick spots to do so. I could see Pollard possibly hiring Keno just to tweak Hawkeye ears. He likes to do that.

Latest posts