IOWA NEEDS KENO!!!

HaydensHawk

Bring the Keno and Rodell back home where they belong!

Instant sellout! Passion would be back! Barta would be a hero!!

A guy can dream can't he......

What is with all this Keno love?? He has yet to coach a team of his own recruits. This year is the closet thing to that and he is 12-10. His teams are horrible defensive teams. Maybe a few years down the road he will prove me wrong but as of right now Barta would be crazy to hire him.

What is with all this Keno love?? He has yet to coach a team of his own recruits. This year is the closet thing to that and he is 12-10. His teams are horrible defensive teams. Maybe a few years down the road he will prove me wrong but as of right now Barta would be crazy to hire him.

We need one of our own to coach this team. Keno is an up and comer. His style of play will attract athletes and fans. Barta would be crazy NOT to hire Keno. For a new coach in the Big East he is recruiting just fine.

I agree. Keno isn't setting the world on fire right now and his claim to fame is that 1 year with Drake. Nobody knows how good he will be down the road. He's just too young a coach right now. Providence took a gamble I think when they hired him. Iowa is in the position where they cannot gamble on a hire.

Remember when Pollard got the jump on Iowa and hired McDermott before Iowa could?

If Barta has an inkling in his mind that Lick isn't going to work, then he'd better get the jump on Iowa State and hire Keno because Pollard will next year.

Iowa BB needs a "gimmick" system where less-talented players (than the typical KS/MSU/NC type talent) can have success. And an up-tempo game will give a chance to nab a top-tier recruit every once-in-awhile.

Keno is not going to come to iowa. Just look at the way we keep disposing coaches. Look at our past three coaches, we kicked Mr. Davis out, because he couldnt get far into the trouney. We kicked Alford out, because he was too mean and we didnt like his attitude a year after he took us to a Big 10 championship. And now we're kicking out a guy who is working with a very small selection and horrible facilities. Now tell me why would a hot shot coach want to come here?

Remember when Pollard got the jump on Iowa and hired McDermott before Iowa could?

If Barta has an inkling in his mind that Lick isn't going to work, then he'd better get the jump on Iowa State and hire Keno because Pollard will next year.

Iowa BB needs a "gimmick" system where less-talented players (than the typical KS/MSU/NC type talent) can have success. And an up-tempo game will give a chance to nab a top-tier recruit every once-in-awhile.

Keno would have to do a complete team overall if he wants to run an uptempo full court game...the players that are there now are not capable of that. And I mean all of the players.

In response to the Pollard comment, I think he learned his lesson with Chizik and now Mcdermott. He's not going to go after the name any more. I also think he gets a jolly out of making a shocking hire on the hope that coach pans out so he can say he "made" the coach...

Bring the Keno and Rodell back home where they belong!

Instant sellout! Passion would be back! Barta would be a hero!!

A guy can dream can't he......

I would bet that Keno as coach won't lead to Instant sellouts. Maybe for you and a lot on this board just switching coaches is enough. The issues with the fan base run much deeper than just Lick. Alford soured many on BB in this state, and the losing under Lick has made it worse. It will take a few seasons of winning before Carver is regularly selling out.

I think Keno is a great guy and may be a very good coach someday. Not sure that he would work at Iowa. I just think this program needs a complete facelift which does not include someone whose Dad coached here and was run off. To much history there. Just my 2 cents. Nothing at all against Keno or Mr. Davis.

We need one of our own to coach this team. Keno is an up and comer. His style of play will attract athletes and fans. Barta would be crazy NOT to hire Keno. For a new coach in the Big East he is recruiting just fine.

Keno Davis = not one of "our" own. A Davis was last "one of our own" 11 years ago.

Iowa need Tennessee assistant head coach Steve Forbes. He is a Lone Tree, IA native, excellent recruiter, has head coaching experience, comes from a successful program and plays a more exciting style of basketball.

Keno would have to do a complete team overall if he wants to run an uptempo full court game...the players that are there now are not capable of that. And I mean all of the players.

In response to the Pollard comment, I think he learned his lesson with Chizik and now Mcdermott. He's not going to go after the name any more. I also think he gets a jolly out of making a shocking hire on the hope that coach pans out so he can say he "made" the coach...

Keno wouldn't have to do a complete team overhaul. Fuller, Gatens, Payne, Tucker when he comes back, all those guys could easily play uptempo basketball. I'm sure most of them grew up playing that way in AAU, all it takes is a coach that wants to play that way.

Iowa need Tennessee assistant head coach Steve Forbes. He is a Lone Tree, IA native, excellent recruiter, has head coaching experience, comes from a successful program and plays a more exciting style of basketball.

Now this is a hire I'd be on board with...

Ghost...you nailed it...i cant believe people think Keno would fill the seats...If we get rid of LIck or actully more likely Lick quits we, all better get ready to hire some Coach that is unproven or even a asst coach from a bigger school, Duke, NC, or something like that because no established coach is going to look at Iowa and think this is a better situation then they already have...The coach from UNI probably wouldnt even look at the Iowa job (not that i would want him)..all bball fans need to take a serious look at becoming wrestling fans because its going to get worse before it gets better