Iowa Mens BB @ Minnesota GAME THREAD

Spank - how does the red carpet look for the Oscar's?

No Barbasol girl yet in a flannel shirt. But Spank is watching carefully ...

Right now Barbara Walters LAST pre-Oscar special includes Sandra Bullock as final guest. She's almost as hot as Jennifer Anniston.

Glad to see Lil' Lick is now our best option at PG! Good thing season was over a long time ago otherwise it might have been a problem...

Glad to see Lil' Lick is now our best option at PG! Good thing season was over a long time ago otherwise it might have been a problem...
Little Johnny Lackluster runs a fine point guard. Just back away and let him brake the press, go in for a windmill dunk

Will four freshmen really make much of a difference next year?? I understand we will have "experience" and depth but the rest of the conference will too and on top of that will have better talent as well. I don't see how this team gets 20 wins...15 maybe and be more competitive but is this reason to be excited???

I still say that Lickliter should petition the Big 10 to not play away BB games and just forfeit the games. Forfeiting the games would just eliminate Lickliter the embarassment of having to come up with new excuses (or old excuses) of why we get blown out by 25 points after some of his players have been in the "system" for 2 and 3 years and his freshmen class have been in the "system" for an entire year, yet look like they have NEVER played offense OR defense.

But then, maybe that IS Lickliter's system--NO offense or defense that many people can see. Of course Barta sees an 'exciting team' and some Iowa fans even see progress, although I'm not sure where. This game looks very similar to early games in the season.

Lickliter says we have turned the corner but then he must be defining the complete drunk who has never been to New York who has just gotten drunk and has no idea how to get back to his hotel and is driving by himself. The drunk begins turning left at one corner, then right at another corner, and so on trying to find his hotel. The problem is that the drunk drives until he passes out and never finds his hotell. Well, Iowa is driving randomly now with Lickliter at the wheel and it is the middle of the night and he has NO idea where he is going. All he knows is he has turned a corner; Barta is riding shotgun and he doesn't have a clue where Lickliter is going either but he knows he is going in the right direction, wherever Lickliter turns. They both hope they can get to the right hotel before they pass out but they are having a great time...

I still say that Lickliter should petition the Big 10 to not play away BB games and just forfeit the games. Forfeiting the games would just eliminate Lickliter the embarassment of having to come up with new excuses (or old excuses) of why we get blown out by 25 points after some of his players have been in the "system" for 2 and 3 years and his freshmen class have been in the "system" for an entire year, yet look like they have NEVER played offense OR defense.

But then, maybe that IS Lickliter's system--NO offense or defense that many people can see. Of course Barta sees an 'exciting team' and some Iowa fans even see progress, although I'm not sure where. This game looks very similar to early games in the season.

Lickliter says we have turned the corner but then he must be defining the complete drunk who has never been to New York who has just gotten drunk and has no idea how to get back to his hotel and is driving by himself. The drunk begins turning left at one corner, then right at another corner, and so on trying to find his hotel. The problem is that the drunk drives until he passes out and never finds his hotell. Well, Iowa is driving randomly now with Lickliter at the wheel and it is the middle of the night and he has NO idea where he is going. All he knows is he has turned a corner; Barta is riding shotgun and he doesn't have a clue where Lickliter is going either but he knows he is going in the right direction, wherever Lickliter turns. They both hope they can get to the right hotel before they pass out but they are having a great time...

Always enjoyed a good booze cruise....

Soooo does it make me a bad person if I hope Lick gets arrested for public urination or swindling with a prostitute? Anything. ANYTHING! that will end this now....

Latest posts