Iowa Media Rolls Over

Mrke1

As expected, not one reporter at the Iowa post game press conference questioned Fran about the Dolph situation. They got their marching orders from the university and fell in line. This just emboldens Barta and Co to continue this behavior. Hopefully we'll see someone muster the courage to stand up to this horrible administration in the future.

As expected, not one reporter at the Iowa post game press conference questioned Fran about the Dolph situation. They got their marching orders from the university and fell in line. This just emboldens Barta and Co to continue this behavior. Hopefully we'll see someone muster the courage to stand up to this horrible administration in the future.

They were informed before the press conference that Fran wouldnt answer any questions about Dolph. Not sure what you want them to do?

That won't. Nobody wants to get their passes revoked. If GB can get rid of Dolph, it certainly wouldn't be a problem to get rid of a beat reporter.

They were informed before the press conference that Fran wouldnt answer any questions about Dolph. Not sure what you want them to do?

Ask the question anyway? If they're just a mouth piece for the university. What purpose do they serve. UofI can just release press statements and we can live in state controlled world like the book 1984.

Ferentz might save Dolph. Ferentz likes Dolph, a lot, and Ferentz is the King Kong of the Iowa athletic department.

I don't know how the fk Barta is still there after that 6.5 million dollar debacle (as well as other odious situations within the athletic dept. that aren't in the public consciousness.) Iowa can certainly do better. I mean we don't need a tricycle riding circus clown like Pollard, but Barta is captaining the failboat.

Ask the question anyway? If they're just a mouth piece for the university. What purpose do they serve. UofI can just release press statements and we can live in state controlled world like the book 1984.

Here's how that would go down:

1) media member asks the question
2) Fran stares blankly and doesn't respond
3) U of I head of media says "next question"
4) next media person asks question
5) first media member gets his press passed revoked

Congrats, you accomplished nothing AND lost your job

Ferentz might save Dolph. Ferentz likes Dolph, a lot, and Ferentz is the King Kong of the Iowa athletic department.

I don't know how the fk Barta is still there after that 6.5 million dollar debacle (as well as other odious situations within the athletic dept. that aren't in the public consciousness.) Iowa can certainly do better. I mean we don't need a tricycle riding circus clown like Pollard, but Barta is captaining the failboat.
I thought Kirk Ferentz was white?

I don't know how you botch something so badly and lose millions of dollars to a lesbian couple and then suspend a guy for making a King Kong reference.

Here's how that would go down:

1) media member asks the question
2) Fran stares blankly and doesn't respond
3) U of I head of media says "next question"
4) next media person asks question
5) first media member gets his press passed revoked

Congrats, you accomplished nothing AND lost your job

You're right. Lets just hand out a sheet with answers to predetermined questions the university came up with and they can write their articles off that. Why even have press conference.

You're right. Lets just hand out a sheet with answers to predetermined questions the university came up with and they can write their articles off that. Why even have press conference.

You're missing the point. We all want answers, but saying the media rolled over is rather silly.

You're missing the point. We all want answers, but saying the media rolled over is rather silly.

Why, is it not their job to ask the tough questions? Questions the coach might not want to have asked. Think if news organizations agreed to ask the government only the questions the government wanted them to ask. Its basically state run media. Is that really what you want out of even sports reporters?

Why, is it not their job to ask the tough questions? Questions the coach might not want to have asked. Think if news organizations agreed to ask the government only the questions the government wanted them to ask. Its basically state run media. Is that really what you want out of even sports reporters?

There's a massive difference between the government and a college sports program.

2624e0b8a589522d9af523ae35879993aa9187f570c98dbc70d1884efab14c6b.jpg

Why? Its a state university. Fran is a state employee. Whats is the massive difference?

Fran isn't obligated to answer any of your questions. He's not an elected official.

Look man, I get it. You want @RobHowe to throw away his career and his ability to provide for his family by asking a question he already knows ahead of time will not get answered.