Iowa MBB vs Guilford Game Thread

A few things I liked in this game...
Pemsel knocking down his free throws.
Cook's ball handling looks improved.
McCaffery looks good running point.
Defense was OK, a couple of times players were out of position but for most part kept the other guy in front of them. Baer and Daily played really tight and didnt give their guy much room.

Like other posters said, hard to really take anything significant out of this, although i really liked what I saw.
It wasn't a loss. That's always a good start.

Keep in perspective. When Iowa lost an exhibition everyone that mocked them for it we defended because it didn’t count as it was an exhibition. Winning these glorified practices take the same perspective when winning as well. It doesn’t tell us anything.
That was only slightly less embarrassing than losing to Northwestern State in the NCAA tournament.

Defense was OK, a couple of times players were out of position but for most part kept the other guy in front of them. Baer and Daily played really tight and didnt give their guy much room.

Like other posters said, hard to really take anything significant out of this, although i really liked what I saw.
I was not impressed with Mccaffery. Several high school level turnovers.

Hansen, on the radio broadcast, said that Nunge has been struggling a bit in practice. Didn't specify in what area but he and Dolph both said it was nice to see him hit a couple shots and that maybe it would "get him going."

I missed the 1st 10 minutes of the game but I thought McCaffery didn't play great. Bad turnovers a few times. Also not a great scoring threat.

I really liked the all around offensive play of Wieskamp. He also showed some good effort rebounding and on defense.

I liked Cooks intensity rebounding and devensively. Also that one handed windmill dunk was a treat.

Hansen, on the radio broadcast, said that Nunge has been struggling a bit in practice. Didn't specify in what area but he and Dolph both said it was nice to see him hit a couple shots and that maybe it would "get him going."
He mostly played in the garbage time. Maybe he is going to be the odd man out in the rotation.

I think Nunge looked the worst tonight out of all the scholarship players. He did make two 3s tho.

Pemsl looked pretty good but not sure how his game translates against good players.

Wieskamp had 2 charges on him, otherwise looked great.

Garza and Cook both looked really good.

Moss and Dailey played with confidence.

I agree than Connor didn't look very good. Had some bad turnovers and lost his man for a wide open 3 once. Hopefully it was due to the competition being bad.

I wasn't able to watch. Would you say Guilford is worse than, on par with, or better than that European competition?
I only caught portions of the second half on the radio, but the victory margin rivaled some of those tour games.

On a different subject, the player who could have the breakout year is Dailey. He has been talking confidently and seriously in recent weeks and did nothing today, in a meaningless game, to dampen those hopes.

I wasn't able to watch. Would you say Guilford is worse than, on par with, or better than that European competition?

I didn't get a chance to see it, only listened in. But watching these highlights, I'm going to go with worse than Europe:

I didn't get a chance to see it, only listened in. But watching these highlights, I'm going to go with worse than Europe:
I see we gave up the requisite basket at the halftime buzzer.

Seriously, this drives me nuts! I'll bet we do it at least a dozen times a year.