Iowa MBB vs Guilford Game Thread

Can't really make a solid judgment based on the competition, whom a top ten Iowa HS team would give a run for the money.....

JoeW looks like a natural scorer, very comfortable out there and I liked the pass to Garza under the basket for a score. According to the halftime stats, he had 4 TOs, that will hopefully be corrected as he gains more experience. He is really going to make a difference, I do believe.....

Moss looks very good, no hesitation which plagued him last season at times, quite a few times. What a bonus it would be to have him live up to his potential.....

Cordell looks slim and quicker than last season, no hesitation on his part. He took it to the basket.....

Tyler looks much more comfortable and seemed to handle the ball well, loved the no hesitation three..He looks focused and prepared to take on the leadership role.....

Of course, this is based on a couple of highlight clips.....

I think Joe is going to be a difference maker. One of the main problems last season was not having anyone step up to replace Peter Jok's 20 or more points a game. Joe will certainly help with that problem.....

And to think we won without Jordan.....

:cool:

I think Nunge looked the worst tonight out of all the scholarship players. He did make two 3s tho.

Pemsl looked pretty good but not sure how his game translates against good players.

Wieskamp had 2 charges on him, otherwise looked great.

Garza and Cook both looked really good.

Moss and Dailey played with confidence.
Nunge did look a step slow. Hoping that’s just due to the opponent we were playing. He did shoot the outside shot with confidence and you could tell his teammates expected it to go in.

Well this just in JW is gonna be a player... He mixed it up around the rim. His shot selection even impressed me. I'm not worried about his TOs or even the couple of offensive fouls he got on charges. He'll get the feel for that the more he plays. He's a basketball player and the more and more floor time he gets the better and better he'll be.

My takes after watching the game on BTN Plus tonight.
Dailey is more effective and a better shooter than PM.
Nunge I think is better than Kreiner and quicker than Garza running the floor.
JW looks like the real deal. Going to the basket and the way his three splashes the net.
All this based on an exhibition game......