Iowa MBB Big 10 tournament bracket watch.

As I was watching Iowa blow out Wisconsin yesterday I was thinking that playing on the first day might not be so bad for the men’s team.

The men’s basketball team has 2 remaining warmup games before the tournament, having another warmup game against an inferior opponent such as Illinois is not necessary a bad thing.

The team can get a big lead early, and with their depth they can rest the starters in the second half. Get easy wins on Wednesday and Thursday to build up for harder competition on Friday. Iowa has one of the deepest teams in the conference, they can keep players fresh.

Finish out the season with a couple of easy wins to build up to the tournament and gain confidence will help too. It’s all about getting hot at the right time.

Before last year, I thought this 3 years in a row. Instead of a bye, get an easy win to pad the win column and build momentum. I'm gunna use that logic again because what are the odds it doesn't work 4 times in a row?

Wisconsin's win against Minnesota last night means the Badgers get the bye. Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Rutgers will play on the first day of the B1G Tournament.

February 28 or March 1. Does it really matter that much?

Not really....might as well put us out of our misery already.

I just hate the stretch of time after the super bowl and before MLB starts. Its the worst time of the year for sports fans...except for the college basketball tournaments.

Latest posts