Iowa is a Better Program than Nebraska Right Now

Is this really worth debating until the Hawks and Huskers actually play on the field? Let's wait for the future rivalry, trophy, and bragging rights in the future. I'm sure that both schools will have a great one, better than we have currently.

My biggest problem is that i come in here and have heard nothing but hate for nebraska. In recent years we have played 2 times. And the same crap gets thrown at ISU fans. Now dont get me wrong, alot of ISU fans come on here spewing crap but others just come on here to find about what your team is about and get all this negative nancy stuff. Im not here for that, im here to talk football.

My biggest problem is that i come in here and have heard nothing but hate for nebraska. In recent years we have played 2 times. And the same crap gets thrown at ISU fans. Now dont get me wrong, alot of ISU fans come on here spewing crap but others just come on here to find about what your team is about and get all this negative nancy stuff. Im not here for that, im here to talk football.

BigRed,
wasn't criticizing you specifically. Many Hawk fans seem fixated on this speculation and comparison. I guess it's a message board and I don't have to read the thread...

BigRed,
wasn't criticizing you specifically. Many Hawk fans seem fixated on this speculation and comparison. I guess it's a message board and I don't have to read the thread...

Agreed, just tired of the negativity. Its a football game it should be competative and fun.

You ever spend time on Husker boards? What do they have to say about Iowa's team and fans? My guess is nothin but hate....

and for the record- yes, Cupcake is correct. The Huskers play 1 flippin team that is ranked in the top 25. Have you taken the time to compare that to Iowa's? Have you compared last years schedule? That was another cupcake.

I would be absulutely drueling if we could play Neb's schedule this year.... it's pathetic. What's their SOS? I'm guessing close to 80....

You ever spend time on Husker boards? What do they have to say about Iowa's team and fans? My guess is nothin but hate....

and for the record- yes, Cupcake is correct. The Huskers play 1 flippin team that is ranked in the top 25. Have you taken the time to compare that to Iowa's? Have you compared last years schedule? That was another cupcake.

I would be absulutely drueling if we could play Neb's schedule this year.... it's pathetic. What's their SOS? I'm guessing close to 80....

Lets see ranked teams we played in 09

Oklahoma ranked 24 when we played them now ranked 7th
Texas ranked 3rd when we played them now ranked 5th
Missouri ranked 24 when we played not currently ranked
Va Tech ranked 13 when we played them now ranked 10th
Arizona ranked 21 when we played not currently ranked

Some currently ranked some not. I wouldnt necessarly call that cupcake though.

I'd say Iowa is a much better program than Nebraska. Fun fact: Nebraska has the longest drought of beating a top 15 team in the Big 12, the last time being in 2001.

I'd say Iowa is a much better program than Nebraska. Fun fact: Nebraska has the longest drought of beating a top 15 team in the Big 12, the last time being in 2001.

Yep we suck, the only reason we got invited to the big 10 was because Tom Osborne is bringing milk and cookies.

Lets see ranked teams we played in 09

Oklahoma ranked 24 when we played them now ranked 7th
Texas ranked 3rd when we played them now ranked 5th
Missouri ranked 24 when we played not currently ranked
Va Tech ranked 13 when we played them now ranked 10th
Arizona ranked 21 when we played not currently ranked

Some currently ranked some not. I wouldnt necessarly call that cupcake though.

There's some cherry picked stats (when we played LOL).... You don't play Oklahoma, or Va Tech this year, so there goes that. You play 1 preseason ranked team... just admit it's cupcake and get it over with.
What was your SOS? What was Iowa's? How about for this upcoming year?
Oklahoma lost 5 games last year, Texas and Va Tech (the only real tems you played) both beat you.
Arizona- Neb played very well... they finished the season unranked- just like everyother team Neb has beaten in the past 9-10 years.

There's some cherry picked stats (when we played LOL).... You don't play Oklahoma, or Va Tech this year, so there goes that. You play 1 preseason ranked team... just admit it's cupcake and get it over with.
What was your SOS? What was Iowa's? How about for this upcoming year?
Oklahoma lost 5 games last year, Texas and Va Tech (the only real tems you played) both beat you.
Arizona- Neb played very well... they finished the season unranked- just like everyother team Neb has beaten in the past 9-10 years.

No you said last years schedule was a cupcake. I was just showing you the teams rankings when we faced them last year. I take it your takeing this very personal. So ok here it goes, you are a golden god.

No you said last years schedule was a cupcake. I was just showing you the teams rankings when we faced them last year. I take it your takeing this very personal. So ok here it goes, you are a golden god.

Not taking it personal at all.... sometimes I just think Husker fans can't see anything outside of their own team.
You still haven't answered any of my questions though... where were those teams ranked when the season was over? What was their SOS? How many ranked teams are on the schedule this year?
Cupcake.

Not taking it personal at all.... sometimes I just think Husker fans can't see anything outside of their own team.
You still haven't answered any of my questions though... where were those teams ranked when the season was over? What was their SOS? How many ranked teams are on the schedule this year?
Cupcake.

Exactly.

Which again points to the fact, that this dominant Nebraska program that is going to dominate that Big 10, hasn't beat a team that finished the season ranked since 2001. 8 years! Soon to be 9 years!

Exactly.

Which again points to the fact, that this dominant Nebraska program that is going to dominate that Big 10, hasn't beat a team that finished the season ranked since 2001. 8 years! Soon to be 9 years!

Frankly i dont know what they were ranked at the end of last year and to honest i dont care. You do take it personal because you run into the nebraska fan who is telling you they are going to run the table. If you check into what i actually half to say i dont say that at all. If your looking for a fight my friend youve come to the wrong man. I dont need to get into a ******* match over something that obviously you care a great deal more about then i do. But this is a hawkeye sight so thats what i guess i get for joining.

As of next year the only ranked team we will face is texas i believe. That may or may not change during the year. The big 10 is having a great couple years so more of your programs are in the to 25. But heres the kicker, you dont play pen state or ohio state every year because you guys rotate. This year pen state, ohio state, and wisconson are ranked which you play. Thats great means more prestigue for your school if you win. But its not like that every year and you dont play them every so this year you have a great scheduel with top tier teams ranked which puts you in a very good spot for a NC run. Next year i dont think you play one of the 2 i dont know so your schedule might get easier next year.

My point is this, the teams we play in our conference is who we play every year. We rotate with the south. Sometimes the teams are up, some times they are down. Its not like there sitting in the war room planning how manny cookies they can eat at the beginning of the year before they get to the meal.

So do you have a harder schedule then nebraska this year. Yes you do, is our schedule cupcake. I dont think so. I think it was proven last year that even the cupcakes can take the big dogs down.

Frankly i dont know what they were ranked at the end of last year and to honest i dont care. You do take it personal because you run into the nebraska fan who is telling you they are going to run the table. If you check into what i actually half to say i dont say that at all. If your looking for a fight my friend youve come to the wrong man. I dont need to get into a ******* match over something that obviously you care a great deal more about then i do. But this is a hawkeye sight so thats what i guess i get for joining.

As of next year the only ranked team we will face is texas i believe. That may or may not change during the year. The big 10 is having a great couple years so more of your programs are in the to 25. But heres the kicker, you dont play pen state or ohio state every year because you guys rotate. This year pen state, ohio state, and wisconson are ranked which you play. Thats great means more prestigue for your school if you win. But its not like that every year and you dont play them every so this year you have a great scheduel with top tier teams ranked which puts you in a very good spot for a NC run. Next year i dont think you play one of the 2 i dont know so your schedule might get easier next year.

My point is this, the teams we play in our conference is who we play every year. We rotate with the south. Sometimes the teams are up, some times they are down. Its not like there sitting in the war room planning how manny cookies they can eat at the beginning of the year before they get to the meal.

So do you have a harder schedule then nebraska this year. Yes you do, is our schedule cupcake. I dont think so. I think it was proven last year that even the cupcakes can take the big dogs down.

I am not trying to start a fight, I am just pointing out that Nebraska hasn't done anything for a long long time. I am sure Iowa and Nebraska have played a similar amount of ranked teams in the last 8 years. The point is Iowa won 13 of them, Nebraska has won 0.

Yep we suck, the only reason we got invited to the big 10 was because Tom Osborne is bringing milk and cookies.
You did not get invited PERIOD. Even Osborne said they went to the B12 meetings and no one said the conference was going to remain in tact. "So then we sat down and went over our options. Mr. Perlman was intrigued about upgrading the academics. We then approached Mr. Delaney about joining the B10."
Another typical Husker fan thinking they are the only football team and everyone bows to them.

At Huskerboard I found ONE thread on Iowa and it started in June - it was started by an Iowa poster Hawkeyes/Huskers - HuskerBoard.com - Husker Message Board Check out posts 28 and 29

The current schedule was set up by the former AD to help keep the former coach's job. Check out the next few years and there is a major up grade.

I'm confused by the many arrogant Nebraska fans I keep hearing from, many of whom are adopting the attitude that they will "dominate" the Big Ten. Nebraska is 63 wins, 38 losses the past 8 years (62%). This was done in an extremely weak Big 12 north.

Iowa is 70-31 over the same span.

Iowa is the better program right now.

Latest posts