Iowa is a Better Program than Nebraska Right Now

I'd recommend that you not take yourself so seriously. The point was made and taken. But hey, if I was a hawk fan I'd aruge grammar too. Because when the Huskers get to the B10 you won't have much else to brag about in that series.

Yeah, Nebraska's going to dominate the B10 like they did the B12, look at all their B12 titles in the last decade. Unstoppable.

I'd recommend that you not take yourself so seriously. The point was made and taken. But hey, if I was a hawk fan I'd aruge grammar too. Because when the Huskers get to the B10 you won't have much else to brag about in that series.

argue*

Also, don't start a sentence with "but" or "because"

If the Hawkeyes do struggle, I'll settle for insulting your intelligence

You're in for a rude awakening. It's not 1997 anymore.

LOL, no they're not. you make it sound like nebraska will actually wake up to the fact they're not the greatest team in the country. they've had quite a few years to accept that fact and it still hasn't happened

The jig is up Al...you can stop posing as a Husker fan now.

I don't agree that the B12 is better than the B10 at the top or at the bottom. We have 3 traditional powers that over time will match their three traditional powers. Our next tier, IA & WI have BCS bowl victories in the past 10 years. Whe was the last time any B12 team outside of their Big 3 won a BCS game? B12 fans point to our bowl record but we play a much tougher series of bowl games every year. OSU loses two BCS title games to the SEC and we get torched but the B12 is 0-3 against the SEC in in BCS title games.

Can't argue with Nebraska tradition but we have been better since Osborne left and Ferntz got his feet on the ground. They have no geographic advantage and we have much higher profile coach.
Kansas won one two years ago. Are they a traditional power?

I for one don't give a rip about their storied past. This is a what have you done for me lately sport. In those regards, I would actually say we are about even right now. Even though we have a more difficult time recruiting than Nebbie does, we have done it with hard work and staff continuity. That is how you build a program that lasts.

I for one don't give a rip about their storied past. This is a what have you done for me lately sport. In those regards, I would actually say we are about even right now. Even though we have a more difficult time recruiting than Nebbie does, we have done it with hard work and staff continuity. That is how you build a program that lasts.

Found this old thread so i thought i would interject on this one point. If your going to point this out then all the traditions and rivalrys in the big 10 mean nothing. Nike Kinnick means nothing and so does Hayden Fry and Chuck Long. Those mean nothing its all about the now. You see how stupid that sounds. The iowa football program is what it is today because of the accomplishments it has done in the past. The university, the players it all is apart of that. Same thing goes with nebraska. Nebraska is the way it is because of the devotion the state and the fans give the university for its football program. Its a passion and yes people do take it to far. Hell Notre Dame is still recognized and the havent done anything in decades. College football is about history and tradition.

Found this old thread so i thought i would interject on this one point. If your going to point this out then all the traditions and rivalrys in the big 10 mean nothing. Nike Kinnick means nothing and so does Hayden Fry and Chuck Long. Those mean nothing its all about the now. You see how stupid that sounds. The iowa football program is what it is today because of the accomplishments it has done in the past. The university, the players it all is apart of that. Same thing goes with nebraska. Nebraska is the way it is because of the devotion the state and the fans give the university for its football program. Its a passion and yes people do take it to far. Hell Notre Dame is still recognized and the havent done anything in decades. College football is about history and tradition.

Minnesota has won more National Championships than Nebraska...but that past doesn't mean much for them right now. The OP is correct. Iowa is a better program right now and has been for 8 years, which is a pretty long time.

Nebraska does have it's hype machine working which is big in college football. But they are over rated. Everyone talks about how great a job Pelini has done, but the fact remains that he doesn't have a single significant win (or at least a win over a team that has finished the season ranked).

They played a cupcake schedule last year and still lost 4 games, including to Iowa State. And they lost a lot on D, including their best player...yet somehow they are ranked in the top 10 in the country.

They have another cupcake schedule this year. I see this being 9 years in a row where they don't beat a team that finishes the season ranked.

Minnesota has won more National Championships than Nebraska...but that past doesn't mean much for them right now. The OP is correct. Iowa is a better program right now and has been for 8 years, which is a pretty long time.

Nebraska does have it's hype machine working which is big in college football. But they are over rated. Everyone talks about how great a job Pelini has done, but the fact remains that he doesn't have a single significant win (or at least a win over a team that has finished the season ranked).

They played a cupcake schedule last year and still lost 4 games, including to Iowa State. And they lost a lot on D, including their best player...yet somehow they are ranked in the top 10 in the country.

They have another cupcake schedule this year. I see this being 9 years in a row where they don't beat a team that finishes the season ranked.
:rolleyes:
Dont hold back tell me how you really feel.

So Nebby's gonna come in and dominate just like Penn State did. Remember when PSU came in and won it all their first year, how afraid everyone was that they would dominate the Big 10? How did that turn out for them?

Welcome to reality in 2011, Cornholers. You aren't near as good as PSU was when they joined. You'll have 4 losses minimum.

I agree that Iowa is in better shape right now, but there is so much traditional to overcome that it will take years and years on the field to convince them.

Look at how we've done against Penn State and those fans have a very hard time respecting that we are the better team each year.

Nobody is perfect, though, Iowa fans do this to Northwestern, thinking that they are the 60-0 patsies of the 70s and 80s. It's hard to overcome years and years of experience when the situation changes.

Nebraska hasn't beat a team that finished the season ranked in 8 years. That's a long long time. There are not many teams that can say that. Not even Iowa State.

Not many?? I believe Nebraska and Duke are the only two BCS schools to pull of that feat. Think about that for a second. Out of all the BCS schools only Duke and Nebraska. WOW!

Cupcake?

So Nebby's gonna come in and dominate just like Penn State did. Remember when PSU came in and won it all their first year, how afraid everyone was that they would dominate the Big 10? How did that turn out for them?

Welcome to reality in 2011, Cornholers. You aren't near as good as PSU was when they joined. You'll have 4 losses minimum.

Ohhh Schnapppp. Booooooooyaaaaaa

Not many?? I believe Nebraska and Duke are the only two BCS schools to pull of that feat. Think about that for a second. Out of all the BCS schools only Duke and Nebraska. WOW!

Where do you find these stats, its awsome. We did beat oklahoma last year which was ranked and we werent. They werent at the end of the year i believe but thats kinda a far reach for a insult.

The problem with the hawkeye fans is simple. You live so close to nebraska that you get the same thing i get every day. A group of husker fans singles out 1 or 2 hawkeye fans and starts talking crap and blah blah blah all husker fans are jerks. I work with a bunch of hawkeye fans who talk about how great the hawkeyes are all day every day so i can see how you are annoyed. So hopefully no one is alittle butt hirt for trash talking. Lord knows i hear it daily. Well see what happens this year and next year. Unless your on the field i doubt your going to contribute anything to the team but hot air, me included.

The facts are the facts. You haven't beaten a team that finished ranked in 8 years. You and Duke are the only ones. Nice. That says a whole heck of a lot. You and Duke. Think about it.

Is this really worth debating until the Hawks and Huskers actually play on the field? Let's wait for the future rivalry, trophy, and bragging rights in the future. I'm sure that both schools will have a great one, better than we have currently.

Latest posts