Iowa Football Tickets Selling Fast

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
SEASON TICKETS FOR IOWA FOOTBALL APPROACHING SELLOUT STATUS
Deadline for 2009 customers to renew is Friday
IOWA CITY, Iowa – Interest in the 2010 football season at the University of Iowa is pushing sales of season tickets to near sellout status as the deadline for fans of the Hawkeyes who purchased general public or UI faculty/staff season tickets a year ago to renew their season ticket order for the coming season draws near.
Fans of Kirk Ferentz’s nationally ranked squad and defending champions of the FedEx Orange Bowl who purchased season tickets a year ago have until Friday (April 30) to renew their season ticket order.* The UI sold just less than 37,000 season tickets to the general public and UI faculty and staff, and more than 10,000 UI student season tickets a year ago.
The UI Athletics Ticket Office has received orders from new customers for more than 4,000 general public and UI faculty/staff season tickets to date and department staff expect that number to grow and, perhaps, reach a point where additional requests for seven-game season ticket can’t be filled.
“If fans who purchased season tickets a year ago renew at the rate that we anticipate, we are very close to the point where we will begin offering a ‘partial season ticket’ option,†said Pam Finke, the UI’s director of ticket operations.
Finke said the UI has a number of obligations that require tickets to the annual Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series game with the Cyclones.* She notes, however, that a ‘partial season ticket’ will likely be popular given the profile of Iowa’s other six home game opponents:* Big Ten Conference rivals Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State in addition to the other two non-conference games against Eastern Illinois (the season opener) and Ball State (the Throwback Game).
The UI also anticipates 100 percent participation in the premium seating options inside the Paul W. Brechler Press Box for 2010.* A limited number of indoor club seats and private suites were available a year ago on a game-by-game basis.* That was not the case, however, in the 1,200-seat outdoor club area where the UI has had a waiting list since opening that space.
Lastly, sales of season tickets to UI students continues at a pace comparable to last year when the UI sold out the student section inside historic Kinnick Stadium.* Current UI students are being encouraged to make their season ticket purchases in football and men’s basketball prior to the end of the 2010 spring semester.* By doing so, they will guarantee themselves a seven-game season ticket in the sport of football and receive a free “MAD-Pack†as a men’s basketball season ticket customer.
As in the past, groups interested in attending a home game of the 2010 Iowa football team are encouraged to purchase game tickets and game-day hospitality inside Hawkeye Village by contacting Bravo Sports Marketing at (319) 626-8286 or online at bravosportsmarketing.com.
Single game tickets, if available, will go on sale in early July.
Fans of the Hawkeyes with questions about tickets to the home games of the 2010 Iowa football team should contact the UI Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800 IA-HAWKS.* Information is also available at hawkeyesports.com, the official world wide web site of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

I'm thinking any current season ticket holder trying to add on tickets will have their order fulfilled. At least hoping so anyway!

Nice work Hawkeye fans!

I called the ticket office today and put a donation down to help get season tickets.

What kind of donation did you throw down? I have had tickets in the past, not the last 3 years, and am trying to get them again. Do you have any priority built up? I am beginning to get awful worried that I am not going to get tickets. Thanks.

Awesome but kinda stinks people like me who live out of state and like to get a single game once a year won't be able to. Oh well, stay at home and watch on Big Ten Network.

This was my first year requesting season tickets. I've been an I-Club member for the past 5 years. I don't donate anything special, just the minimum but I donate nonetheless. Anyway, the University has already debited from my account partial payment. Does anyone know if that means I've automatically got tickets or will they just refund me if they are unable to fulfill my application request?

I have two- with a friend. They are in his name though. I dropped off my own name two years ago. Now I am trying to get them back. I put in a request for four in my own name without a donation. Would it bump me up if I called and donated $100, or is that too late?

Awesome but kinda stinks people like me who live out of state and like to get a single game once a year won't be able to. Oh well, stay at home and watch on Big Ten Network.

I guess I'm not sure why you wont be able to do so? Tickets have historically
been available in the secondary market some even get sold for below face
if you're patient at game time.

This was my first year requesting season tickets. I've been an I-Club member for the past 5 years. I don't donate anything special, just the minimum but I donate nonetheless. Anyway, the University has already debited from my account partial payment. Does anyone know if that means I've automatically got tickets or will they just refund me if they are unable to fulfill my application request?

No guarantees at this point, doesnt mean you got them. They will refund if they cannot fill.

I have two- with a friend. They are in his name though. I dropped off my own name two years ago. Now I am trying to get them back. I put in a request for four in my own name without a donation. Would it bump me up if I called and donated $100, or is that too late?

Deadline to donate is May 3rd.

No guarantees at this point, doesnt mean you got them. They will refund if they cannot fill.

So what is the priority of the University to fill first? Obviously existing season ticket holders. Then what? The order in which applications were submitted, or a combination of donor amount + the order in which the application was received? I assume my odds of having my seats filled increase if the number of existing season ticket holders decreases from last year? Thanks for the help 20.

So what is the priority of the University to fill first? Obviously existing season ticket holders. Then what? The order in which applications were submitted, or a combination of donor amount + the order in which the application was received? I assume my odds of having my seats filled increase if the number of existing season ticket holders decreases from last year? Thanks for the help 20.

Season ticket renewals are first, they have until April 30th, if they don't renew they are lumped in with all the new ticket applications. New ticket applications received by April 30th will be lumped together and then ranked by priority points, those with highest priority will get the first available seats. You get 10 points for being alum, 3 points per season in the past you have had football season tickets, and I think like a previous poster said it's 1 point for every $100 donated.

Season ticket renewals are first, they have until April 30th, if they don't renew they are lumped in with all the new ticket applications. New ticket applications received by April 30th will be lumped together and then ranked by priority points, those with highest priority will get the first available seats. You get 10 points for being alum, 3 points per season in the past you have had football season tickets, and I think like a previous poster said it's 1 point for every $100 donated.

Wonderful! Thanks man. Sorry for all the additional questions. But when will I find out? When they send them in the mail? I know this is crap I can probably find on the internet but I'm studying right now and don't want to stray from that very long. My wife is an alum, so we have 10 there plus whatever we've donated, around 300-500 but I can't be for sure. The suspense is kind of killing me.

Igothawked is dead on above.

Wonderful! Thanks man. Sorry for all the additional questions. But when will I find out? When they send them in the mail? I know this is crap I can probably find on the internet but I'm studying right now and don't want to stray from that very long. My wife is an alum, so we have 10 there plus whatever we've donated, around 300-500 but I can't be for sure. The suspense is kind of killing me.

I would guess you should be fine. I would assume a big % of first time season ticket apps don't have any points and haven't donated $.

As far as when you would find out you could email the ticket office and ask them, but my guess you would find out well before the tickets are mailed out. I would assume those that either didn't get tickets or only got a 6 game package will be told pretty early on.

Well hopefully we get our extra 2 tickets for this year. We have 4 and are trying to get 6. We weren't picky where we sit, i put wherever down, so even if we are not together, its not big deal. I am just hoping we get the extra 2! We don't donate any money but have been season tix holder for 4years.

Here is some info for priority points, etc.

IOWA FOOTBALL PRIORITY POINT SYSTEM
Prior to the 2006 football season, the UI Athletic Department established the priority points system to provide a systematic, orderly, and fair process to priority seating requests. Priority points will be calculated as outlined below.

PointsDescription 3 for each year of purchase of football season tickets beginning with the 1972 football season* 1 for the cumulative total of athletics contributions beginning in 1974** 1for annual giving to the I-Club at the I-Club level*** 3for annual giving to the I-Club at the Century Hawk level*** 5for annual giving to the I-Club at the Bronze Hawk level*** 10for annual giving to the I-Club at the Silver Hawk level*** 20for annual giving to the I-Club at the Golden Hawk level*** 30for annual giving to the I-Club at the Champion Hawk level*** 50for annual giving to the I-Club at the Kinnick Society level*** 20one-time award per account in recognition of being a letterwinner at the UI 10one-time award per account in recognition of being a graduate of the UI

Latest posts