Iowa Football Tickets Selling Fast

I just called. They told me most of what has been posted here. One interesting thing is that if you have lapsed more than one year on season tickets, you no longer get the three points for each year you had them. That sucks for me because I cancelled them after the 2007 seasons and added onto a friends for 08-09.

Another thing I found interesting was that he did not know how they would assign tickets to everyone at the same level (no donation and new season ticket holder).

I just called. They told me most of what has been posted here. One interesting thing is that if you have lapsed more than one year on season tickets, you no longer get the three points for each year you had them. That sucks for me because I cancelled them after the 2007 seasons and added onto a friends for 08-09.

Another thing I found interesting was that he did not know how they would assign tickets to everyone at the same level (no donation and new season ticket holder).

Wow that is kind of kick in nuts. I had tickets for 5 years prior to the '07 season. Gave them up because of kids and got married, blah blah blah. But now I don't have any priority points from having tickets for those five years. Takes me from 25 down to 10. Which really sucks because I am guessing there are a lot of people at 10. I was more confident about getting them until you told us that.
This whole process sucks. I almost wish it was a first come first serve basis. That way I would at least know if I was SOL.

Anyone if you get 3 points per season ticket purchased or just 3 points no matter how many seats you buy?

Thanks

It's 3 points per season you have season tickets under your name. Amount of tickets does not matter, unless you have to donate a bunch of money for a bunch of seats.

I have had tickets for the past 5 years but i didn't buy any last year. Will I still be able to get my same spots back?? The hawkeyesports.com login will let me in but won't let me renew my tickets.

I have had tickets for the past 5 years but i didn't buy any last year. Will I still be able to get my same spots back?? The hawkeyesports.com login will let me in but won't let me renew my tickets.

You will not get your seats back from the last season you had them (2008, right?).

Most likely, those are taken. If I am understanding you correctly, you did not have them last year? If that is the case then there is nothing to "renew" for this year.

Yes the last time i had them was in 08. But i will still have a 5 year sonority over owners without any years of owning or do i lose the 5 years???

Yes the last time i had them was in 08. But i will still have a 5 year sonority over owners without any years of owning or do i lose the 5 years???

The guy on the phone told me that if it is just one year "off" of having them, you would be OK. More than one year, and you were pretty much SOL. At the same time, he stammered quite a bit with my questioning. I am not sure he actually knew exactly what he was talking about...

I guess I'm not sure why you wont be able to do so? Tickets have historically
been available in the secondary market some even get sold for below face
if you're patient at game time.

In 5 years - I have never paid more than $30 dollars for a ticket when right outside kinnick. I buy them off the street and save more money!

The guy on the phone told me that if it is just one year "off" of having them, you would be OK. More than one year, and you were pretty much SOL. At the same time, he stammered quite a bit with my questioning. I am not sure he actually knew exactly what he was talking about...
Ok. That makes me fell alittle better I think. ;)

My dad just faxed in our request for tickets last night. Hoping we can get two. My dad was a season ticket holder for 10+ years in the 80s and 90s but stopped getting them when my sisters and I got busy with sports at school. Doesn't sound like that will help us though. Hopefully being willing to go the Zone III level donation will let us get some.

From the sounds of it, tickets sales are gonna sell out and they are going to re-direct everyone to the 3game mini season packages if they want them! I can't believe that there have been that many requests for tix! I am guessing we are not gonna get our extra two because we don't donate. Oh well, at least we got our original 4 tix!

Latest posts