Iowa current RPI 70!!!

If you're on Live-RPI.com, and click on Iowa and scroll down, you'll see the impact of Wisconsin and Michigan were the same, so it really didn't matter in this case who won. I don't know why, but that's what I'm going off of.

I see that but Wisconsin winning should have counted x2 since Iowa played them twice.

Perhaps it does have to do with Opponent opponents, that does account for 25% of the score and could explain why Indiana winning kicked us up so high.

I see that but Wisconsin winning should have counted x2 since Iowa played them twice.

Perhaps it does have to do with Opponent opponents, that does account for 25% of the score and could explain why Indiana winning kicked us up so high.

The people who actually put teams in the tournament have to realize how stupid this formula is right?

Yea, I don't get that either.

I'd like to think that a win tonight gets us in, but RPI of 62 is not a lock.

It isn't but that is the expect RPI after a loss, which means if Iowa wins they will be in the 50s. I think a win tonight is enough, we may still be sweating it out on Sunday but I think Iowa is in.

I say if Iowa wins tonight we all spam the crap out of Lunardi's twitter account. :D

ok, I am lost...Iowa dropped .0001 after Wisconsin beat Michigan.

I give up trying to figure out the RPI.

Important note about LIVERPI.

On conference tournament games, they enter the score in real time partial incorrect. They enter a road team and a home team. This leads towards estimated but not correct numbers, as all games are on a neutral court. They correct it in the morning.

This is why Iowa was 73-74 after the game (they were entered as the home team in real time), however in the morning it was correct along with all the other games, and they moved to 71st.

Wisconsin was entered as a home team, so they didn't get full credit for their win.

The people who actually put teams in the tournament have to realize how stupid this formula is right?

I hope they at least realize there function is to look from all angles (all 4 computer polls, eyeball test, top 50 record, bad loses, etc). If we are just using the RPI, a computer could fill out the brackets and nobody needs to meet at all.

Believe me, Wisconsin helped Iowa slightly, it just deosn't always show.

There is still the human element involved in the selection process which I wouldn't try to predict how the committee views Iowa outside of the "numbers". If you're an optimist then they may give more credence to the conference's strength, close losses, strong finish, etc. If you're a pessimist you might envision those on the committee that will not allow 8 teams from this conference to go to the dance regardless.

NCAA VP says tournament selection process will not be determined solely by tech (Photos) - Atlanta Gadgets | Examiner.com

Important note about LIVERPI.

On conference tournament games, they enter the score in real time partial incorrect. They enter a road team and a home team. This leads towards estimated but not correct numbers, as all games are on a neutral court. They correct it in the morning.

This is why Iowa was 73-74 after the game (they were entered as the home team in real time), however in the morning it was correct along with all the other games, and they moved to 71st.

Wisconsin was entered as a home team, so they didn't get full credit for their win.

That shouldn't affect the Opponent WP or Opponent's Opponent WP since those aren't weighted though. So their update tomorrow shouldn't change anything from an Iowa perspective.

That shouldn't affect the Opponent WP or Opponent's Opponent WP since those aren't weighted though. So their update tomorrow shouldn't change anything from an Iowa perspective.

It still effects everything, because OWP only increases by .6 (home win) instead of 1 (neutral win). Small difference, but when your dealing with fraction numbers in the RPI, it does change when entered correctly the next day.

It still effects everything, because OWP only increases by .6 (home win) instead of 1 (neutral win). Small difference, but when your dealing with fraction numbers in the RPI, it does change when entered correctly the next day.

No I don't think so. The home/away/neutral weighting only applies to your own WP, I believe. For Opponents and Opponents Opponents, I don't think it matters where the game was played -- just straight W-L record. That's my understanding.

Latest posts