Iowa Basketball Schedule Released

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
iowabbsched.png

That start to Big Ten is BRUTAL! 0-7 is possible. Outside of Purdue and Northwestern Iowa gets no favors to start conference play. That weak non-con won't help except maybe tag on some wins early on. But at least get the tough stretch out of the way. No room for bad losses during non-con schedule though.

Going to be tough to see Iowa improving much in conference. I've said it since last season, this team is still 1-2 years away from NCAA. January is going to be a rough patch for this young team that will really test their mental toughness. Have to hope for some huge upsets. Could face 3 top 10 teams in a row. Northwestern isn't going to be a pushover either. They got some quality recruits and transfers playing this season.

But as Iowa improves these games get easier but Iowa is so young and still lacks talent of the top teams. Going to interesting to see how they do.

Last edited:
That start to Big Ten is BRUTAL! 0-7 is possible. Outside of Purdue and Northwestern Iowa gets no favors to start conference play. That weak non-con won't help except maybe tag on some wins early on. But at least get the tough stretch out of the way.

Much like last year IIRC. I'd be thrilled to get 3-4 out of that stretch. Not sure who writes these schedules, but it would be nice if Iowa's schedule was a bit more balanced for a change..

BRU-TAL start to Big Ten slate.

You guys are a bunch of Nancy's! We beat Wisconsin and Indiana at home last year. We beat Michigan on the road handily last year. We had a double digit lead at Purdue. Home against Michigan State and at OSU are the only ones that look overly daunting. Then we finish up with 4 of our last 6 at home. I like that.

It's time to ditch the "loser" mentality. Todd ain't here anymore boys!

Realistically, I can see 13 wins in the Big Ten.

MSU
Northwestern (x2)
Wisconsin
Purdue (x2)
Penn State (x2)
Minnesota (x2)
Nebraska (x2)
Illinois

That only takes two upsets, both of which will be at home.

Realistically, I can see 13 wins in the Big Ten.

MSU
Northwestern (x2)
Wisconsin
Purdue (x2)
Penn State (x2)
Minnesota (x2)
Nebraska (x2)
Illinois

That only takes two upsets, both of which will be at home.
Sweep MN? Beat MSU? I'm not feelin' that.

Wow, that's not the record I saw.

Go 10-3 in the non-con. Then there's no reason we shouldn't go 8-1 in the home portion of our conference schedule. Go 4-5 on the road (wins at Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State and Purdue). That's 12-6 at home. Waalaa, 22-9! :D

I pretty much think that Iowa will have a chance to beat just about anybody at home, but I'm thinking more like 9-9 or 10-8 territory is about the ceiling for this year.. I'd love to see 13 conference wins though!

Really there is only 1 maybe 2 tests non-con tests this year. The ISU game will tell us a lot about where we are at for this season. I can see some big wins for this team like last year, but also some, "how did we lose that one" type of things too. Going to have a lot of freshman playing. It will be interesting to see how it starts out.

I think there is 10 or 11 non-con wins. Maybe even 12. I have no idea if VaTech is worth a crap, and don't know about UNI. But I assume at least 1 loss there. If you get 8 wins like Iowa had last year in the B10. I think they would make the dance. Only reason they didn't last year was because of the horrible losses early.

And I think 20 wins would have us on the NCAA bubble.. It all depends on how many bad losses we have (hopefully none) and how many quality wins.

Depends. Non-Conference is not going to help SOS.

If Iowa can knock off MSU once and Ohio State or Wisconsin and split with most of the others they would be in.

Minnesota isn't good, and Iowa swept them last year. It may not happen, but it's not unrealistic to think it could.

As for Michigan State, that's why it's an upset. They always reload, but not having to face Draymond Green will be nice. Plus, it's at home, and the last time MSU came to Carver, they left with their tails between their legs.

Latest posts