Iowa Basketball Schedule Released

I see 11-2 in the noncon and 9-9 in the Big 10. 20-11 overall.

That said, who did the Hawks **** off at the league office? You guys have KILLER slates to start the Big 10 every dang year. PLUS, both Indiana and MSU home games (probably two of the biggest on the schedule) take place with no students back, and Indiana especially is on new year's eve which always has lightly attended games. Wisconsin takes place on the first day the residence halls open, so it might be hard for some kids to get back for that one. Just sucks to have some of the biggest games during break for you guys every season.

There are more than one or two tests in non con.
ISU
UNI
Western Kentucky
Wichita State
If they can split those games that would be good.

I think there is 10 or 11 non-con wins. Maybe even 12. I have no idea if VaTech is worth a crap, and don't know about UNI. But I assume at least 1 loss there. If you get 8 wins like Iowa had last year in the B10. I think they would make the dance. Only reason they didn't last year was because of the horrible losses early.

Va Tech will suck. There will be a lot of wins in the noncon - that said, ANY loss outside of ISU or UNI will probably be a bad loss.
Minnesota isn't good, and Iowa swept them last year. It may not happen, but it's not unrealistic to think it could.

I think Minny is going to be better than you are giving them credit for.

And I think 20 wins would have us on the NCAA bubble.. It all depends on how many bad losses we have (hopefully none) and how many quality wins.

But if we have zero bad losses (and 20 wins) I don't see too many quality wins there. Beating the people that we should (Nebraskas n what not), how many games would that be? How many are we favored in, I guess.

There are more than one or two tests in non con.
ISU
UNI
Western Kentucky
Wichita State
If they can split those games that would be good.

Wichita State loses a lot of guys. They could be good or bad.

Western Kentucky returns 4 of their top 5 guys, and their top 3 were all freshman, but they also finished sub-.500 in the Sun Belt with an RPI of 185.

ISU is still a bit of an unknown. I think they'll be a bubble team but so far UNI is probably the only sure thing on the schedule.

I see 11-2 in the noncon and 9-9 in the Big 10. 20-11 overall.

That said, who did the Hawks **** off at the league office? You guys have KILLER slates to start the Big 10 every dang year. PLUS, both Indiana and MSU home games (probably two of the biggest on the schedule) take place with no students back, and Indiana especially is on new year's eve which always has lightly attended games. Wisconsin takes place on the first day the residence halls open, so it might be hard for some kids to get back for that one. Just sucks to have some of the biggest games during break for you guys every season.

Well now I'm actually ****** off. We're getting a fifth week off for winter break this year. I was planning on running a project on Chris Street on the 18th, one day before the 20th anniversary of his death. But the DI won't be publishing.

Wichita State loses a lot of guys. They could be good or bad.

Western Kentucky returns 4 of their top 5 guys, and their top 3 were all freshman, but they also finished sub-.500 in the Sun Belt with an RPI of 185.

ISU is still a bit of an unknown. I think they'll be a bubble team but so far UNI is probably the only sure thing on the schedule.

Yeah, but look at who Iowa lost to last year non-con. If Western Kentucky and Wichita State were at home I would say it should be a win but the fact tht it is a neutral site game I think they should be tests. Western Kentucky and Wichita State have proven over the past several years that they have pretty good programs.

ISU is still somewhat unknown but it is Iowa v ISU so it will usually be a tough game.

Realistically...;)

I've not seen anyone post a number that high.

If the team is as good as we all think it can be, 13 is attainable. I don't necessarily think they'll get that many, but I don't see any more than that without some serious miracles happening.

As a student, these games suck for us. Living in Des Moines I can probably make it back but the large number of the student body from other states has no chance.

Minnesota was better than Iowa last year...

Minnesota isn't good, and Iowa swept them last year. It may not happen, but it's not unrealistic to think it could.

As for Michigan State, that's why it's an upset. They always reload, but not having to face Draymond Green will be nice. Plus, it's at home, and the last time MSU came to Carver, they left with their tails between their legs.

even if we did beat them twice. They ended up in the finals of the NIT and went 23-15 last year. Oh, and they get Mbakwe back, who is their best player.

Same for Wisconsin. Yes, Iowa swept them, but sometimes the better team loses. Nebraska won at Iowa last year and no one would accuse Nebraska of being better last year than Iowa.

I like the optimism but just hope folks don't get too upset or think the team stinks if they go 8-10 in conference. Iowa could play well and go 8-10 or 9-9 in the league. The other teams are that good.

But if we have zero bad losses (and 20 wins) I don't see too many quality wins there. Beating the people that we should (Nebraskas n what not), how many games would that be? How many are we favored in, I guess.

Yeah, that's probably true. I guess at 20 wins, Iowa will probably either have a lack of quality wins, and/or a couple bad losses.

It might be able to survive a bad loss or two if it also has some big wins..

The Hawks have got to get through that weak non-conference with no more than 2 or 3 losses IMO. Then go 9-9 or 10-8 in the Big Ten, and that puts them around 20-11 or so. Then it would be a good idea to win a conference tournament game (or two).

What Iowa CAN'T afford are many Campbell, Nebraska, PSU type losses. Don't want to get Gardner Webb'ed this year..

Well now I'm actually ****** off. We're getting a fifth week off for winter break this year. I was planning on running a project on Chris Street on the 18th, one day before the 20th anniversary of his death. But the DI won't be publishing.

That is a bummer. You could still do a look back.

As a student, these games suck for us. Living in Des Moines I can probably make it back but the large number of the student body from other states has no chance.

It honestly sucks when that happens. Plus, it's MSU and Indiana, and Wisconsin will probably be effected. Probably three of the most interesting home games on the schedule. If the B10 offices would at least make it Nebraska, Northwestern, and Penn State sometime that would be nice.

Re: Minnesota was better than Iowa last year...

even if we did beat them twice. They ended up in the finals of the NIT and went 23-15 last year. Oh, and they get Mbakwe back, who is their best player.

Same for Wisconsin. Yes, Iowa swept them, but sometimes the better team loses. Nebraska won at Iowa last year and no one would accuse Nebraska of being better last year than Iowa.

I like the optimism but just hope folks don't get too upset or think the team stinks if they go 8-10 in conference. Iowa could play well and go 8-10 or 9-9 in the league. The other teams are that good.

We don't really know what kind of player Mbakwe is going to be coming off his injury. Maybe he'll be the same guy, maybe he won't.

Latest posts