Iowa Basketball Schedule Released

We Will beat the Spartans in IC this year. Not one player who played in Lansing last year has forgotton......

They have had trouble in IC for years, even Lick beat them. When Alford was coach, we would get stomped at MSU and then beat them handily in IC. It is the pattern that never ends.....

We beat Indiana with their remarkable recruiting class last year in IC with a somewhat inferior team to what we have this year, we very well could hand them their jockstraps this year in IC. Remember beating Wisconsin in Madison at the start of the season last year, not to mention the spanking we gave them in IC. Absolutely Fabulous, I say......

Don't give up hope, Lads. There is something special coming. Wait and see.....

:)

Last edited:
Don't forget we have beaten Indiana 5 out of the last 6 games. That has to count for something, considering their outstanding recruiting classes. And we own Wisconsin. Been a while since they have beaten us. Last time it took the referees to hand them the game in IC in overtime.....

Last edited:
When Jarrod comes on board next season, it will be years until the badgers defeat the Hawks......

Simply opinions, which I am as entitled to as anyone else on HN.....

:D

Last edited:
Will we have to put up with a number of games not on tv this year. It really ticks me off that these games are offered to Mediascum and no one else.

Will we have to put up with a number of games not on tv this year. It really ticks me off that these games are offered to Mediascum and no one else.
Hopefully some will be on ESPNU, which is in HD this year on Mediacom. That will help a bit. Hope we get a little more respect pre-conference this season. It was ridiculous last year, trying to find an outlaw feed for the games.....

Everyone groaned last year when the conference schedule came out and we came through the tough stretch much better than many had expected. Hopefully we can do the same this year.

We Will beat the Spartans in IC this year. Not one player who played in Lansing last year has forgotton......

They have had trouble in IC for years, even Lick beat them. When Alford was coach, we would get stomped at MSU and then beat them handily in IC. It is the pattern that never ends.....

We beat Indiana with their remarkable recruiting class last year in IC with a somewhat inferior team to what we have this year, we very well could hand them their jockstraps this year in IC. Remember beating Wisconsin in Madison at the start of the season last year, not to mention the spanking we gave them in IC. Absolutely Fabulous, I say......

Don't give up hope, Lads. There is something special coming. Wait and see.....

:)

All this is true Jack. There is something special coming. IN and MSU haven't been unbeatable for us. But we've got a young team this year. You can tell Fran is concerned as he answers questions about the schedule at the press conference. He would have been more happy having that early stretch of the B1G later on, when the frosh have some seasoning. We'll see even more focus at October practices, that's for sure.

All this is true Jack. There is something special coming. IN and MSU haven't been unbeatable for us. But we've got a young team this year. You can tell Fran is concerned as he answers questions about the schedule at the press conference. He would have been more happy having that early stretch of the B1G later on, when the frosh have some seasoning. We'll see even more focus at October practices, that's for sure.
Having an excellent pre-conference is essential, getting the team chemistry working and figuring the starting lineup and different combinations arranged and in sync.....

The talent and drive is there, it will just take a while, hopefully a short while, to get things in place, finally giving Fran and Hawk fans what we have been waiting for...

Upon initial blush, I was unhappy with how the Big Ten slate sets up...but the more I think about it...I think it will be ok for the Hawks.

Getting IU at home on NY's Eve is not all bad. Iowa fans will pack the house on this afternoon holiday ,even with students out of town. Iowa probably plays the next day in the Gator Bowl in football. IU has a lot of young frosh also,so they might not be gelled yet. So,catching them right out of the box is ok...I see Iowa winning,which gets Iowa off to a great start,and huge pub for beating a top 5 team.

At Michigan- hey,we were unlikely to win this game,no matter when,but their students will not be around,and it is middle of the week,right? So that whole hopping up and down student fan section will be muted somewhat. Get it out of the way early and they will probably be starting two frosh,so they might be caught sleeping.

Home for MSU- Saturday home game, and another huge crowd...MSU will still be looking for an anchor to replace Draymon Green early...ripe...Iowa win.

at OSU- gonna be a loss anyway...get it over with.
at Purdue- again,students not in town...young team,Iowa win.
at NW- no students, trying to figure out their big man rotation...Iowa win.
home for Wisky- packed house, tough game,but Iowa win.

So, I honestly think the Hawks could emerge from this gauntlet at 5-2 or 4-3,and then have their MSU,Mich,OSU single games out of the way. The rest of the slate sets up well for a strong finish....I think Hawks could go 11--7 or 12-6 if they start that well....and win their last couple going into the BTTourny,which might be critical for making the NCAA's.

Go Hawks!

I think 20 wins this season is a possibility, I just hope that soft non conference schedule doesn't come back and bite us for a NCAA bid. That non conference schedule should produce 11 or 12 wins so Iowa will only need to win 8 or 9 conference/BTT games in order to get to 20.

No way Iowa starts off 0-7, we were all saying that last year and Iowa found a way to win a few. This team is much more talented and deeper.

A game if everything is equal can go either way. If I flip a coin ten times the odds of it turning up heads everytime isn't likely, but it is possible. Hopefully, Iowa will win their first seven games, but I want to enjoy watching them whatever happens. I want them to win, but Frans teams are fun to watch. Gatens had the mentality last year that they could beat anybody, and they need guys with the same mentality this year. I think they have a lot of guys that know they can beat anyone.

Realistically, I can see 13 wins in the Big Ten.

MSU
Northwestern (x2)
Wisconsin
Purdue (x2)
Penn State (x2)
Minnesota (x2)
Nebraska (x2)
Illinois

That only takes two upsets, both of which will be at home.

Ohio St, Mich St, and Michigan all went 13-5 last year and tied for first place in the conference. While I'm optimistic on what this year's team can accomplish I don't see them raising the bar that high in 2012-13. It would be fun to be wrong though.

You have to be TOTALLY joking right?!!!!!

You guys got an absolute gift wrapped schedule. You only play 3 of the top 4 projected teams once (Michigan, OSU and MSU).

And your non-conference is creampuff city.

Absolute gift.

Once again activebugger proves he is the clueless twit we have come to know and despise. All we were talking about was the brutal start Iowa was dealt in the Big Ten Conference again this year. Our first seven games feature opponents that went 178-72 last year. Bucky's schedule, by comparison has their first seven opponents finishing 138-102 last year. Yeah, ours is really a creampuff schedule. Just show up in IC on the 19th and try to give us a game this year.

I feel like we've been playing a brutal start to the conference season for the last few years but that just could be because we have sucked.

We could go undefeated in the non-con season though. I wouldn't bet on it but it's pretty doable.

I feel like we've been playing a brutal start to the conference season for the last few years but that just could be because we have sucked.

This is probably one of the most intelligent things I have ever read on here. In reviewing the schedule, I am not as concerned as I have been the previous few seasons.

Look, Iowa now finally has a full roster to work with, yes there are freshman up and down the roster, but they still have a ton of options that didn't exist even last season. As the roster continues to develop and get deeper once Uthoff and whoever Iowa signs for the 2013 class, they will become even better. There was a lot of damage inflicted on the program before Fran got here, but Iowa is now in Phase II of the rebuilding project, a full roster. There is still one gaping hole at the SF position behind Marble, but I think Iowa has enough on its roster to cover that up for a season until they bring in another SF in 2013.

Iowa is getting a lot of attention for the recruiting class it just brought on, but they can still get better. Iowa will be looking to bring in some top-flight athletes to blend in the mix, when that happens on a regular basis, it started with Clemmons and Ingram this year, Iowa is going to be a really fun team to watch. Iowa couldn't press with any regularity last season, but that may be something they can do with the depth on the team this season and a couple of big men that can actually challege shots at the back end of the press.

Latest posts