Iowa Basketball Schedule Released

That is a bummer. You could still do a look back.

It honestly sucks when that happens. Plus, it's MSU and Indiana, and Wisconsin will probably be effected. Probably three of the most interesting home games on the schedule. If the B10 offices would at least make it Nebraska, Northwestern, and Penn State sometime that would be nice.

The only way they'll get decent student attendance for those games is if they offer up free admittance again. It sucks, but I don't see another way to draw students back over break in significant numbers this year.

And a look-back is probably what I'll end up doing, but I'm sure most papers will have something on the 18th or 19th, which may force my story to be cut.

I think 20 wins is realistic for this team by the end of the year:

Regular season: 18-13
Big ten tourney: 1-1
post-season: 1-1

Total: 20W 15L

iowabbsched.png

If you look at last year in conference, we were 8-10. Odds are we probably don't sweep Wisconsin and Minnesota again, so take away 2 wins. But we probably don't get swept by Purdue again considering we had double digit leads in both games, so add in a win. We also won't lose to Nebraska at home again, so add back another win. Same with Northwestern in that we won't lose at home to them again, so add back another win. I also don't think Penn State beats us at their place this year, so add back another win. Finally, I think we will upset either MSU or OSU, so that's one more win.

All told, that's 11-7 in conference. More than doable.

Looks like it will be pretty easy to be undefeated going into the BIG. Some real panzy games leading up to conference.

When I first saw that schedule, one thing popped in my mind... 31-0!!! Joking aside, how do they not finish that noncon sched at least with 11 wins?? If they do this they literally only have to win like 8 big ten games, and would be squarely on the bubble given the strenght of the conference. That would be nice to just be on a bubble for once...:rolleyes:

The B1G gets 8 in the dance this year. Indiana, OSU and Michigan all have a shot at #1 seeds.

Indiana
Ohio St.
Michigan
Michigan St.
Wisconsin
Iowa
Minnesota
Purdue

It would have been awesome if we could have played MSU on the twenty year anniversary of Chris Street's death but it is still pretty neat that we get to play on the date against Wisconsin anyway.

You have to be TOTALLY joking right?!!!!!

You guys got an absolute gift wrapped schedule. You only play 3 of the top 4 projected teams once (Michigan, OSU and MSU).

And your non-conference is creampuff city.

Absolute gift.

I said brutal start of the Big Ten schedule. We knew who the one-timers were going to be a year ago...it changes every two years.

I said brutal start of the Big Ten schedule. We knew who the one-timers were going to be a year ago...it changes every two years.

Given that you only play 3 of the top 4 teams only once, I certainly don't think there is any room for complaining. Some teams get the top 5 teams twice and only get the bottom feeders once.

The non-conference slate only consists of 3 games that might even be considered losses (ISU, Northern Iowa and Virginia Tech). Virginia Tech is in shambles after player departures, Northern Iowa is a mid-major and you get ISU at home after they lost Royce White and Scott Christopherson.

2 losses would have to be considered a disappointment in the non-con and 11-0 is entirely reasonable.

Given that you only play 3 of the top 4 teams only once, I certainly don't think there is any room for complaining. Some teams get the top 5 teams twice and only get the bottom feeders once.

It's a brutal start to the conference slate. That's all that was claimed, and it's true. Plus, Jon wasn't complaining, just making an observation.

The non-conference slate only consists of 3 games that might even be considered losses (ISU, Northern Iowa and Virginia Tech). Virginia Tech is in shambles after player departures, Northern Iowa is a mid-major and you get ISU at home after they lost Royce White and Scott Christopherson.

2 losses would have to be considered a disappointment in the non-con and 11-0 is entirely reasonable.

And after they add Korey Lucious, Will Clyburn, and Georges Niang. None of those guys are Royce White, but ISU is going to be a good team this year.

No offense, but reading comprehension apparently isn't your strong suit.

No one I'm seeing is complaining about the schedule as a whole. What people ARE saying is that the first half of the conference schedule is going to be pretty rough.

6 out of our first 10 games are on the road. Of the 4 home games during that stretch, 3 are against Indiana, Michigan State and Wisconsin.

As a college basketball fan, I'm sure you're aware of the fact that momentum is a huge factor during the season. It can be difficult to get momentum with a start to the conference season like that. Hopefully, though, the relatively easy non-con will allow the team to gain enough momentum to propel them into the conference part of the schedule.

5 of our first 6 will be against teams ranked in the preseason top 25.
Indiana, Michigan, Michigan St, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Ohio St

If the Hawks win 20 total games this season I would be elated! A lot will depend on injuries or catching some breaks. If the Hawks go 10-8 or better in the Big Ten then Fran deserves a lot of credit, should be a fun team to watch. Go Hawks!

Im pretty sure this is going to be the surprise team of the year. 14-4 in conference. 31-2 overall. #1 seed in the NIT. It's going to be a GREAT year!

Latest posts