Iowa Basketball Recruits

I think I'm more optimistic about landing DJ than most fans are. One thing I would like more info on.. Why did he choose to stay with the QC Elite instead of jumping ship to a more prominent AAU program? If continuity, location, and friendships were a deciding factor in that decision, I can only imagine that those values would be weighed heavily when deciding on a school, therefore giving Iowa a major step above other programs.

I don't know what more he needs to do to get an offer. He is listed at 5'11" same as one of the other guards we are looking at. People have said on this board that he may have head problems but I have not seen any other reports of this. He is super competitive, which I don't considef a negative.

I don't know what more he needs to do to get an offer. He is listed at 5'11" same as one of the other guards we are looking at. People have said on this board that he may have head problems but I have not seen any other reports of this. He is super competitive, which I don't considef a negative.
It really is strange at this point.

I don't see Fran offering Locure until Carton tells him no. I'd be surprised of they took both.
Sure seems like everything is on Cartons clock. He doesn't seem to be in a hurry to decide and why should he. He holds the cards and can take his time yet. A lot of fans wish he'd (and any recruit) would hurry up. The older I've gotten the more I try to enjoy the ups and downs of it all.

When AJ Epenesa committed that was about as big of a high as I can remember in the recruiting world for the football team. Even then as sure fire of a kid as he was to stick to his commitment I had it in the back of my mind 'what if' he changed his mind cause he did it fairly early on. It'll be interesting to see what impact a kid like Carton could have. Would it be too hyperbolic to suggest he'd be a program saver for Fran? Getting him would most likely mean another great kid to come too right on top of PM. Not getting him doesn't guarantee we get Terry or Locure either depending on the timing of decisions being made. So I just find this an interesting possible crossroads of the program.

Simply too quick with too good of handles. We better let someone else have him.

Notice how he never takes his eyes off the rim when he attacks in the paint. And how he doesn't get himself out of control. I'm going to show my seventh grader this video. My boy frequently throws up wild circus inside and gets off balance, drifts, and loses sight of the rim. That defeats the purpose of beating your defender to rim. He also jets in too frequently at top speed when he doesn't need to and doesn't get the lift necessary at the rim. His backcourt partner is nowhere near as quick. But defenders seldom stay in front of him because he sees the floor well, varies his moves, and finishes through contact.

Are you new here? :)

Lol is it really that simple? DJ is now a top 30 recruit. In our back yard. Not getting DJ might hurt more than if Locure even turned out to be the superior player. It is quite the dilemma.

Latest posts