Iowa Basketball Recruits

Undeniable that his talent exceeds his recruitment? That is an opinion, and clearly up for debate. Fran hasn't been shy about offering Iowa kids, if Locure was this sure fire thing many on here are pretending he is, Fran would have offered as well as many other D1 programs.

That is also an opinion is it not?

LMAO! That would be an amazing accomplishment since only 21 of the top 100 recruits are committed yet. Please by all means continue to tell me how this recruiting thing works.
They are simply waiting for the most lucrative cash offer or are simply going "Hollywood". Any coach that's still got scholarships available for 2019, is scrambling to fill them with fall back recruits. Laugh all you want. Look no further than our own Fran mcCaffery. Scrambling now that Terry and Carton are not playing for Iowa. Enter Reed Fenton.

Like I said not known to 300+ D1 programs. You're fooling yourself if you think Izzo, Beilein, Holtmann, Painter or Miller know who Locure is or have ever even heard his name. Maybe programs like Minnesota, Illinois, and Nebraska have heard of him. Maybe even spent 5 minutes building a profile on him. There are thousands of 2019 unranked HS prospects in the Midwest alone. Yet you think all D1 coaches have time to learn them all.

P.S. I imagine you know just about how much value I place in your personal guarantee.
You're a dumbass. Plain and simple. You're far too stupid to even realize how much you don't know about this subject.

Ummm Tyler Ulis was an NBA talent that was overlooked completely until his junior AAU circuit and his Senior year. He held exactly 2 power 6 offers by the end of his Junior season. He had 9 by the start of his Senior season. Tyler Ulis is actually the most relevant comparison to explain Locure's lack of recruitment.
Wrong again. SHOCKER!

Like I said not known to 300+ D1 programs. You're fooling yourself if you think Izzo, Beilein, Holtmann, Painter or Miller know who Locure is or have ever even heard his name. Maybe programs like Minnesota, Illinois, and Nebraska have heard of him. Maybe even spent 5 minutes building a profile on him. There are thousands of 2019 unranked HS prospects in the Midwest alone. Yet you think all D1 coaches have time to learn them all.

P.S. I imagine you know just about how much value I place in your personal guarantee.

I think you misunderstood lightning1's response. As I read the post he was replying to, he was replying to NorthSide Hawk's post about Brayden Dailey saying he was known to all the D1 coaches in the midwest..

I think you misunderstood lightning1's response. As I read the post he was replying to, he was replying to NorthSide Hawk's post about Brayden Dailey saying he was known to all the D1 coaches in the midwest..
That's the way I took it too. And there's a chance lightning himself has crossed paths with Brayden on the AAU circuit.

You're a dumbass. Plain and simple. You're far too stupid to even realize how much you don't know about this subject.
You know I don't usually weigh in on recruiting threads, but I do think it is possible to have a conversation without name calling. And per 24/7 sports 25 of the top 101 recruits nationally have committed pubicly to where they will play college basketball. Maybe a bunch more know where they are going, but have not announced.

They are simply waiting for the most lucrative cash offer or are simply going "Hollywood". Any coach that's still got scholarships available for 2019, is scrambling to fill them with fall back recruits. Laugh all you want. Look no further than our own Fran mcCaffery. Scrambling now that Terry and Carton are not playing for Iowa. Enter Reed Fenton.

Carton was never really an option for Iowa, in my opinion, because of Connor. I believe Fran had to show the full court press because Carton is an in-state kid, but likely knew, DJ didn't want to come to Iowa. I have not heard or read where DJ has stated anything more than a cursory...the state school...love for Iowa. Never, have I felt DJ was seriously considering Iowa.

Fenton may end up at Iowa, but I doubt it. What is more likely, in my opinion, is Noah Hutchins winding up at Iowa. That is my speculation, but my understanding is that Iowa has been "following" Hutchins for some time and Hutchins is in Francis' back yard. I think NH picks Iowa if the offer is made. And to me, NH is the better "fit" pg for Iowa, considering Conner, than Carton.

Noah will have no problems finishing at B1G level if he comes to Iowa. He lacks consistent jumper but that can be worked on and fixed. But with JBo and Conner, we wouldn't need it to be an immediate fix.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...FAF200E825C7C9FD2209FAF200E825C7&&FORM=VRDGAR

Yes, both are opinions. Mine is shared with about 350 other D1 coaches, the other is not.

So you also believe that any coach outside of a 200 mile radius has ever heard of Tyreke Locure. The Rivals and 247 unrated 5'8 prospect from Des Moines North?

Mind you I am not arguing the particular merit of Mr Locure. He already has TK for that. I am arguing the premise that the majority of D1 coaches have ever heard of the kid, let alone evaluated his game on any meaningful level. If you state that a lack of offers from 350 D1 coaches is proof of value negative then you are stating at the same time that you believe that schools outside of the Iowa footprint would have the time and resources to know and evaluate 1500+ ranked and unranked PG prospects per year. This is the only way that many D1 programs could even possibly know about the kid. If they simply evaluated every single PG prospect that there was.

I have for along time stated that TL had what I believe to be defensive merit to be a productive member of the Iowa basketball team. His offensive abilities are largely too unpredictable because of his size so I stay away from speculation on that front. I also support the idea that most to all of the 20 or so (my personal estimate) programs that have given TL a look have passed on him because of said unpredictability related to size. I just refute the notion that he is well known enough to get looks from anywhere outside of the Iowa footprint. As he is an unranked recruit I am quite certain that not a single team in the B1G outside of Iowa has ever give TL more than a passing glance. They have dozens of ranked and more predictable recruits to go after. There is simply no reason for them to start scraping the barrel on unranked prospects from Iowa that are 5'8.

So you also believe that any coach outside of a 200 mile radius has ever heard of Tyreke Locure. The Rivals and 247 unrated 5'8 prospect from Des Moines North?

Mind you I am not arguing the particular merit of Mr Locure. He already has TK for that. I am arguing the premise that the majority of D1 coaches have ever heard of the kid, let alone evaluated his game on any meaningful level. If you state that a lack of offers from 350 D1 coaches is proof of value negative then you are stating at the same time that you believe that schools outside of the Iowa footprint would have the time and resources to know and evaluate 1500+ ranked and unranked PG prospects per year. This is the only way that many D1 programs could even possibly know about the kid. If they simply evaluated every single PG prospect that there was.

I have for along time stated that TL had what I believe to be defensive merit to be a productive member of the Iowa basketball team. His offensive abilities are largely too unpredictable because of his size so I stay away from speculation on that front. I also support the idea that most to all of the 20 or so (my personal estimate) programs that have given TL a look have passed on him because of said unpredictability related to size. I just refute the notion that he is well known enough to get looks from anywhere outside of the Iowa footprint. As he is an unranked recruit I am quite certain that not a single team in the B1G outside of Iowa has ever give TL more than a passing glance. They have dozens of ranked and more predictable recruits to go after. There is simply no reason for them to start scraping the barrel on unranked prospects from Iowa that are 5'8.

Are you trying to say that some small D1 coach on the west coast hasn't offered Locure because he has never heard of him and not because he evaluated him and decided to pass? That's crazy. Dean is right when he says all 351 coaches have evaluated Locure and agrees with him.

I probably should have typed that in my sarcasm font just to be sure.

He's closer to 5'10, but this is a sound & objective post.

Are you trying to say that some small D1 coach on the west coast hasn't offered Locure because he has never heard of him and not because he evaluated him and decided to pass? That's crazy. Dean is right when he says all 351 coaches have evaluated Locure and agrees with him.

I probably should have typed that in my sarcasm font just to be sure.

Lol. Sarcasm font would have been helpful because I can't be sure which notion you are mocking. To answer the question though, yes that is exactly what I am saying.

He's closer to 5'10, but this is a sound & objective post.

Lol I apologize. The reports of his height are widely varying from what I have ever seen written. I will default to your estimation since I believe you have seen him in person on multiple occasions.

Lol. Sarcasm font would have been helpful because I can't be sure which notion you are mocking. To answer the question though, yes that is exactly what I am saying.

I would guess there are 30 coaches at the most who have ever even heard of him.

Yes I agree. That would also be my expected ceiling currently. It could grow from here though. Does the AAU team TL is playing for have any match ups against big name players? If coaches are there to watch other kids they might discover TL. That would require some elite recruits to be played against though to being coaches from all over.

Way more than 30 coaches have seen him play in person. Each staff has 3 coaches on it, so 4 coaches per team times 350 D1 teams, and you got well over 1200 coaches watching players. These AAU events are HEAVILY scouted by the coaches, no way in the world that 30 or less D1 coaches have seen or know about Locure.

Now maybe assistant coaches have seen Locure, but haven't thought enough of him to bring him up to the head coach. This seems very possible to me, but you gotta be kidding if you think only 30 coaches or less have seen or know about Locure.

Latest posts