Iowa Basketball Recruits

I’ve heard the same thing. Heard that he is very quick but many of his steals are reach around hacks that most in the metro feel are fouls or would be at the next level. It also may not work when the competition is better. He then gets many of his points as runnouts from the steals. I guess North generally plays MSU style overly aggressive defense. It’s exactly the style that the NCAA has tried to crack down on bc it’s miserable to watch. At Iowa, however, maybe they could use some of that...

Have also heard the pg for Valley is VERY athletic...
A point guard worth his weight in salt will use his defender's over-agressiveness against him every time and foul him right out of the game. I don't care how quick the defender is. My seventh grade son plays defense precisely as you described Locure. Picking the pockets of bums with reach arounds and getting runouts but racking up lots of fouls against legit competition. He's been told to move his feet and play defense more within the team concept and use his long arms and quickness to deny the ball once the pg gives it up. His team plays in the state tournament in three weeks and he needs to stay on the floor.

By the way I'm not one of the coaches. But I'll repeat what I said in another thread. God bless all of you who are doing it and doing it right. The Barnstormers story still stings and one of my son's teammates played for a Stephens coached Barnstormer team.

Also, from what I hear he isn't wrong about the officiating. Sounds like it was borderline criminal. :)

Agreed. I heard from someone at the game as an unbiased spectator that the officiating was not only terrible, but one-sided. The worst he's seen in a long time and was beside himself that it happened in such a big game. Was surprised there wasn't a riot.

It's really odd how far some of you guys will go to defame someone. If I or anyone else were to believe some of the shit spewed in this and the Locure thread, I'd think he was some type of drug dealing thug picking pockets of 90 year old grandmas. It's a bit absurd.

Sure Jan.

It's really odd how far some of you guys will go to defame someone. If I or anyone else were to believe some of the shit spewed in this and the Locure thread, I'd think he was some type of drug dealing thug picking pockets of 90 year old grandmas. It's a bit absurd.

That is completely dramatic. I didn't know you were a Hollywood screen writer.

The only funny thing here is that you think that it is impossible that a kid from North Des Moines has had his fair share of youthful mistakes. Talk about putting the blinders on.

I have not seen a single word posted by anyone including myself that was so damming about Locure. Just that he is a kid who has had a couple of high school kid learning experiences and that there is some room to grow as he matures. I'm sorry if it hurts your fragile love affair.

I have not seen a single word posted by anyone including myself that was so damming about Locure.

Over the weekend I spoke to a very nice ole lady that works in the North administration office. I was told that Mr Locure is in constant rocky standing with the school. He has had numerous suspensions for fighting, alcohol, and drug possession. Attendance is apparently a problem too. While the lady didn't know particulars about grades. I am guessing they aren't great.

A point guard worth his weight in salt will use his defender's over-agressiveness against him every time and foul him right out of the game. I don't care how quick the defender is. My seventh grade son plays defense precisely as you described Locure. Picking the pockets of bums with reach arounds and getting runouts but racking up lots of fouls against legit competition. He's been told to move his feet and play defense more within the team concept and use his long arms and quickness to deny the ball once the pg gives it up. His team plays in the state tournament in three weeks and he needs to stay on the floor.

By the way I'm not one of the coaches. But I'll repeat what I said in another thread. God bless all of you who are doing it and doing it right. The Barnstormers story still stings and one of my son's teammates played for a Stephens coached Barnstormer team.

So, there may be a basketball reason he has zero high major or really even good mid major offers despite dominating HS opponents. It’s all speculation.

My hope would be it’s just maturity, he ages through it, continues to dominate with a game that translates to B1G level play and he becomes a Hawk!

Over the weekend I spoke to a very nice ole lady that works in the North administration office. I was told that Mr Locure is in constant rocky standing with the school. He has had numerous suspensions for fighting, alcohol, and drug possession. Attendance is apparently a problem too. While the lady didn't know particulars about grades. I am guessing they aren't great.

And your point is....? Nowhere in that is anything about selling drugs or pick pocketing old ladies. What was said was that he had been in at least 1 fight (big whoop). Had possessed Alcohol and some drug at least once. Lol I was guilty of all 3 of those during my high school career. In no way does any of these things mean the kid is toxic. It does however explain why lots of programs may perfer a wait and see approach. I know that it must be hard to accept such "terrible" things being said about your son.

And your point is....? Nowhere in that is anything about selling drugs or pick pocketing old ladies. What was said was that he had been in at least 1 fight (big whoop). Had possessed Alcohol and some drug at least once. Lol I was guilty of all 3 of those during my high school career. In no way does any of these things mean the kid is toxic. It does however explain why lots of programs may perfer a wait and see approach. I know that it must be hard to accept such "terrible" things being said about your son.
Hello Juco

You need to work on your interwebz skills.

You need to work on your interwebz skills.
The highlights were great. One observation is that he seems to shoot almost all right handed, even around the hoop. That might be part of his game he could work on developing his ability to shoot with his left hand.

If he does not get on with a power 5, it would be great to see him a Drake. He is definitely entertaining.

He doesn't put up big numbers especially considering his competition but I can see why the blue bloods are after this kid. He is a 6-9 forward that has a nice outside shot and can get up off the floor quickly for a dunk or block. He is a true stretch 4. It would be great to have a kid like that at Iowa but I think he will have his pick of schools by the time he is a senior. Plus in that video he is more well built than other videos I've seen of him.

He doesn't put up big numbers especially considering his competition but I can see why the blue bloods are after this kid. He is a 6-9 forward that has a nice outside shot and can get up off the floor quickly for a dunk or block. He is a true stretch 4. It would be great to have a kid like that at Iowa but I think he will have his pick of schools by the time he is a senior. Plus in that video he is more well built than other videos I've seen of him.

People always talk about Uthoff and Nunge being agile for their size, but Foster seems more agile than them already. He moves really well for his size. If he ever gets aggressive, he will end up a top 25 recruit.

Latest posts