Iowa Basketball Recruits

I'll steal this from mopkins on the other thread and just leave it here:

Moss isn't what I thought he'd be at this point either, but if you put his 2nd-year college stats side-by-side with Jok and Marble you'd actually find them quite comparable. Here are the 3 side by side with names taken out

11.5 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 39% 3pt, 30 minutes
11 points, 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 39% 3pt, 24 minutes
7 points, 1 assist, 3 rebounds, 34% 3pt, 20 minutes
Neither Jok or marble redshirted. Moss did. Not really comparable. And Marble was a 17 year old FR. He was really young for his class.

Carton still had 15pts, 5 rbs and 1 ast
rOg0X.gif

McCorkle is the legit business. Handles, first step, hops, and a crazy good pull up game. McCorkle will be a top 25 recruit and will likely be # 1 or 2 SG in his senior class.

Fran is in early and McCorkle and Foster are pals from some basketball events. Even with those things I don't hold much hope to pull a blue chipper out of the heart of North Carolina. Soon this kid will have offers from every championship contender in the NCAA.
Agreed. Far more likely to see McCorkle and Foster wearing some kind of blue jersey in the state of NC, than seeing them in Black and Gold.

The more I see of Carton, the less impressed I am. The opposite is true of Locure. I don't see Locure getting any high major offers due to his attitude. We all know that Fran is the only person allowed to have a bad attitude on the Iowa bench, so, we can forget about Fran offering him a ride.

The more I see of Carton, the less impressed I am. The opposite is true of Locure. I don't see Locure getting any high major offers due to his attitude. We all know that Fran is the only person allowed to have a bad attitude on the Iowa bench, so, we can forget about Fran offering him a ride.
Carton must really excel during AAU. You know, that league where nobody plays defense, I mean where they play Franball.

Dude you are out on a limb floating in the breeze. Foster is a consensus top 25 recruit for the 2020 class. He is likely going to be a McDonald's All American. I suppose you know a ton of 6'10 210Lbs 15 year old kids that can run, jump, shoot and dribble.

Foster is getting visits from Duke and Kansas as a Sophomore. What else is there to know.

You say you saw him play once and weren't impressed. The level of ridiculous here is almost unconscionable. I wish I could craft better words to explain my utter disdain for your "scouting report".
Glenn Worley says hi.

I think Fran probably sees a lot of Huerter - an off-guard he lost out on to Maryland - in Frederick.

Watching tape, I think Huerter has a little more savvy in his overall game, but I can definitely see the comparision. If he's anywhere close, that would be fine with me.
Huerter's got a high motor. I haven't seen that out of CJ's games.

This is the clip from the USA deal in Colorado Springs. Tell me where he looks out of place other than being awesome?

Foster looks pretty darn good in that video. Nice stroke. You don't often see a kid that size with that shooting stroke. Wait til he gets stronger.

And still ranked top 20. Half the coaches don't give a flip about high school stats and only care about leagues and camps. Again though we are still talking about a 15 year old kid. He will learn still how to dominate inferior competition. He does play a bit timid at times, but that could simply be youth and general discomfort and awkwardness of being a giant. The potential for this kid is off the charts. The raw skills are there and that is why the scouts have pegged this kid so high.
He's 6'10. He's got a great stroke and by all accounts, he works hard. The scouts see the same things I see. Let him put on about 30 lbs of muscle to go with the skills he already has.

Huerter's got a high motor. I haven't seen that out of CJ's games.
I don't think it's "motor" per se. Huerter is smart and has a solid feel for the game. He puts himself in ideal positions and moves extremely well without the ball.

We'll see with Fredrick, but, at this point of his development, I definitely see similarities in their skill sets. Like I said, I do think Huerter has more savvy to his game. He's one step ahead mentally on the court right now compared to CJ.

I don't think it's "motor" per se. Huerter is smart and has a solid feel for the game. He puts himself in ideal positions and moves extremely well without the ball.

We'll see with Fredrick, but, at this point of his development, I definitely see similarities in their skill sets. Like I said, I do think Huerter has more savvy to his game. He's one step ahead mentally on the court right now compared to CJ.

From what I can tell, CJ has a nice repeatable stroke from 3, superior to Ellingson or Oglesby at least.

Locure must have a Terrell Owens kind of attitude if that's why he isn't getting any high major offers. I mean, is it really that bad?

From what I can tell, CJ has a nice repeatable stroke from 3, superior to Ellingson or Oglesby at least.

Locure must have a Terrell Owens kind of attitude if that's why he isn't getting any high major offers. I mean, is it really that bad?
The Mokan coach kicked him off of the team.

Is there any way this kid could be a Matt Gatens?
I think he's better than Ellingson. He's got a better handle than Ellingson and he has a little mid range game. I've watched 2 of his high school games from front to back. The competition wasn't good, from what I could see. My guess is he's a BIG caliber back up/role player. Since he's not going to start over Connor/Bohannon/JW, I expect that's what we'll see from his game. Groomed to back up Bohannon. Which could work out fine.

Over the weekend I spoke to a very nice ole lady that works in the North administration office. I was told that Mr Locure is in constant rocky standing with the school. He has had numerous suspensions for fighting, alcohol, and drug possession. Attendance is apparently a problem too. While the lady didn't know particulars about grades. I am guessing they aren't great.

She did say 1 thing positive thing though that Mr Locure has made a noticeable improvement this school year. My assumption is that the reality of his youthful behavior being a hindrance to achieving larger future dreams finally set in and he is at least smart enough to try to change his ways.

This kid is really starting to impress me. It seems like he has taken a major step in his Senior season. I will be honest that I didn't think much of this kid at first. I questioned the use of the scholarship. It is starting to look more like this kid is a steal for Iowa. He is a tall sharpshooter from an amazing basketball state.

Adding this kid will give us 5 Mr Basketball candidates on our roster. 1 from Kentucky, Indiana and D.C. 10 years ago I could have only dreamed of such a scenario.

God Damnit Fran. You had better find a way to win and win big with this roster.

Latest posts