Iowa basketball mens

Sandfort shot well. Freeman was strong inside. But, it was a game against two bad basketball teams.....but Iowa was better than Rutgers.

Last edited:
Wow. Half empty field house. No dedicated thread. Men’s basketball is hitting rock bottom. Even when we win, Fran is pissed.

Anyway, it’s a good win today, sort of. We didn’t lose.
Get used to it, half empty arena, unless the women's team are the top bill, personally I love it!!!! Even if they somehow crawl back into the NCAA/NIT conversation, you get to see one game, as history proves out again and again and again. Whoever wants to respond here, please don't bore me with the, "well we could do worse, Lickliter", just go ahead and start your high jump bar at 4 feet, which everyone clears, even my Labs.

Yeah all, mental illness is nothing to fool around with, my observation and this goes back to last year with the issues with PMac and a mental depression issue, why in the hell did Fran/Mom allow him to sit on the bench, when basketball apparently what was causing the issue, apparently the pressure. Fast forward to today, flu, stay at home with chicken soup, relapse of mental anxiety, stay at home and get treatment, get away from this cluster F they call Iowa Men's basketball from a talent standpoint, out of his league to be playing in the Big, should be at a mid-major, however we all know about the family affairs that go on at the U of I in Iowa city.
Yes sir spot on .

Re: Patrick Mc
There are few young people who have had to deal with cancer, deal with anxieties, play Division 1 Basketball, and be a college student. I respect Fran and him for sitting out. Overall I think most fans have avoided being over critical because of the knowledge of past problems.

In recent play he has looked lost on the court and expressionless. Iowa has enough depth in case he needs sit out the remainder of the season. I hope he can avoid the temptation to return when he would not have to.

Re: Patrick Mc
There are few young people who have had to deal with cancer, deal with anxieties, play Division 1 Basketball, and be a college student. I respect Fran and him for sitting out. Overall I think most fans have avoided being over critical because of the knowledge of past problems.

In recent play he has looked lost on the court and expressionless. Iowa has enough depth in case he needs sit out the remainder of the season. I hope he can avoid the temptation to return when he would not have to.
Patrick really does seem bored/distracted. Not bored like bad kid not trying, it's more like appearing lost. Anxiety generates disabling self-doubt and distraction. Too bad for Patrick but good for whoever ends up starting.

Last edited:
Are they gonna finish top half of conf?
No. Dancing this year? No. But DEFINITELY NOT worst team. See current game vs Rutgers.
On that point... Unless I'm blind, not a single post, let alone game thread for today?
I missed first half but have not seen PMac?? Not that I'm complaining but what's up?
Patrick had the flu. No drama. Flu.

Sandfort shot well. Freeman was strong inside. But, it was a game against two bad basketball teams.....but Iowa was better than Rutgers.
Obviously, you did not watch the game. Or if you did, you need a lesson in BB 101. Two bad teams? Really? I am growing very tired of the whining. I will be happy to send you a list of the highlights from this game. You and others have no idea what this team can achieve. Quit fussing about where we will finish in the BT or whether we go to the NCAA or the NIT. Instead, watch Tony, frosh Freeman, two point guards who are building a reputation, a Pryce Sandford who is totally disruptive on D and is one of the most athletic players on the roster, a list of steals and O and D rebounds put backs and blocks galore, by Iowa , that ultimately won the game. Yes. I saw the stretches where youth and lack of focus allowed Rutgers to hang around. My season ticket seat typically has vacant seats adjacent. 25 rows up, dead center court. I will be happy to have you join me so I can inform you about the joy of watching this team. Or, go ahead and join the trolls who know nothing about the game.

Are they gonna finish top half of conf?
No. Dancing this year? No. But DEFINITELY NOT worst team. See current game vs Rutgers.
On that point... Unless I'm blind, not a single post, let alone game thread for today?
I missed first half but have not seen PMac?? Not that I'm complaining but what's up?
Patrick had the flu. His absenteeism was clarified repeatedly. No thread. That really pissed me off. I was at the game. Those who did not attend should shut the f… up.

Finally just heard TV guys say he's out with illness but on the bench??
Wonder what that means? Another mental episode? If not, why would a sick guy be hanging around the team?
He was not on the f-ing bench. He had the flu. It was announced repeatedly.

Wow. Half empty field house. No dedicated thread. Men’s basketball is hitting rock bottom. Even when we win, Fran is pissed.

Anyway, it’s a good win today, sort of. We didn’t lose.
I was disappointed in the attendance, but the crowd was into the game big time. Kids are on break, so look at the facts. Rock bottom? OK. Take the season off and miss watching a bunch of young players who are very interesting prospects. Your loss. Fran pointed out some inexcusable lapses. That is his job, and he was right. kids responded. good coaching.
Is he hurt ?
Jesus. He had the flu. It was announced repeatedly. Keep up with the facts or shut up.

Didn't get a chance to see but predicted we would lose. No PMac (illness)

Here's what I'm going to summize without having even watched the game.

The ball moved in the halfcourt.
Guys were getting good looks in good shooting position.
The ball movement also opened up our interior game.

Side note: it has only been announced that PMac missed game during to illness. Didn't specify any further. For anyone to speculate that it's another mental illness issue and make further jokes and assumptions beyond that is nothing but weak sauce.
Well at least you followed the facts, while the idiots on HN continued to confirm thei ignorance.

Obviously, you did not watch the game. Or if you did, you need a lesson in BB 101. Two bad teams? Really? I am growing very tired of the whining. I will be happy to send you a list of the highlights from this game. You and others have no idea what this team can achieve. Quit fussing about where we will finish in the BT or whether we go to the NCAA or the NIT. Instead, watch Tony, frosh Freeman, two point guards who are building a reputation, a Pryce Sandford who is totally disruptive on D and is one of the most athletic players on the roster, a list of steals and O and D rebounds put backs and blocks galore, by Iowa , that ultimately won the game. Yes. I saw the stretches where youth and lack of focus allowed Rutgers to hang around. My season ticket seat typically has vacant seats adjacent. 25 rows up, dead center court. I will be happy to have you join me so I can inform you about the joy of watching this team. Or, go ahead and join the trolls who know nothing about the game.
Ok so Tony and
Ok so Tony and Ben had good games as well. But, I would say Iowa and Rutgers are in that bottom half of the Big 10. Iowa is not a good team this year....probably fighting for an NIT spot. They look good against the Sisters of Mount St Mary....against real competition is far more telling thus far.

I'm not trying to pour gasoline on the argument, but going into the game Iowa and Rutger's were both winless in Big Ten play. Not saying either are the worst team in the Big, but you're only as good as your record, or in this case Conference Record. They looked much better and I hope they continue to improve, but IMO getting offended by anyone who's not overly impressed with what they've seen from the team up to this point is about equally as pointless as the argument that we're not the worst team in the conference.

He was not on the f-ing bench. He had the flu. It was announced repeatedly.
Damn, dude! Since you went after me 4 different times regarding this ...
As others have calmly mentioned, TV showed him sitting on the bench with black hoodie pulled up over his head. I simply thought it was unusual that he had an "illness" (quotes per TV announcers) and wondered why would he be on the bench if he's too sick to play but can be around the team?

Latest posts