Iowa basketball mens

Are they gonna finish top half of conf?
No. Dancing this year? No. But DEFINITELY NOT worst team. See current game vs Rutgers.
On that point... Unless I'm blind, not a single post, let alone game thread for today?
I missed first half but have not seen PMac?? Not that I'm complaining but what's up?

Are they gonna finish top half of conf?
No. Dancing this year? No. But DEFINITELY NOT worst team. See current game vs Rutgers.
On that point... Unless I'm blind, not a single post, let alone game thread for today?
I missed first half but have not seen PMac?? Not that I'm complaining but what's up?
They are a better team out there without Patrick M Out there the ball moves better. He does do much for the team .

Finally just heard TV guys say he's out with illness but on the bench??
Wonder what that means? Another mental episode? If not, why would a sick guy be hanging around the team?
Well you’re right probably mentally illness. Feel Sorry for the kid but the team is better without him . Maybe they problem is he knows it .

Wow. Half empty field house. No dedicated thread. Men’s basketball is hitting rock bottom. Even when we win, Fran is pissed.

Anyway, it’s a good win today, sort of. We didn’t lose.

Well you’re right probably mentally illness. Feel Sorry for the kid but the team is better without him . Maybe they problem is he knows it .
Not unusual but almost exact same time / day as last year.
Since the Mac's are good Catholics, maybe it's the Epiphany. I'm a little bummed about the end of Christmas and taking the tree down.:(
More seriously... Definitely hope he perseveres as a decent young man. It's obviously a pervasive struggle exacerbated by seasonal affect disorder.

Didn't get a chance to see but predicted we would lose. No PMac (illness)

Here's what I'm going to summize without having even watched the game.

The ball moved in the halfcourt.
Guys were getting good looks in good shooting position.
The ball movement also opened up our interior game.

Side note: it has only been announced that PMac missed game during to illness. Didn't specify any further. For anyone to speculate that it's another mental illness issue and make further jokes and assumptions beyond that is nothing but weak sauce.

Side note: it has only been announced that PMac missed game during to illness. Didn't specify any further. For anyone to speculate that it's another mental illness issue and make further jokes and assumptions beyond that is nothing but weak sauce.
Agree. Family got together week between Christmas and New Years. Half of us have come down with the aches and assorted malaise.

By the way, well played game for the most part. Not so great that I think we will turn the season around and make the dance, but NIT is still on the table. Or we could win 4 in a row in the btt. But probably not.

Didn't get a chance to see but predicted we would lose. No PMac (illness)

Here's what I'm going to summize without having even watched the game.

The ball moved in the halfcourt.
Guys were getting good looks in good shooting position.
The ball movement also opened up our interior game.

While I AM speculating, not completely baseless - why on the bench if just sick?
And NO ONE is making jokes!

But if he was sick with flu or something he wouldn’t be there at all around other people you wouldn’t think.
I feel sorry for the kid but he needs to be on the bench they move the ball so much better without him and Fran knows it .

While I AM speculating, not completely baseless - why on the bench if just sick?
And NO ONE is making jokes!
Your comments about post holiday depression and seasonal affected disorder sounded like assumptions not speculations. And what does being catholic and Epiphany have to do with any of this other than to absolutely try and make a joke about the whole situation.

I do agree that if it was the flu he should have been away from the arena. And I definitely agree with basketball related discussions related to how much he's struggling, how he shouldn't be starting, and how the ball seemed to move better without him out there. It's been a hot topic that reached a zenith in Madison.

Agree that he's a good kid who's been through a lot. Just hope he can find some elixir and close out his Iowa career on a high note. Prediction: I think he can.

Agree that he's a good kid who's been through a lot. Just hope he can find some elixir and close out his Iowa career on a high note. Prediction: I think he can.
Prediction: He has been what he is the whole time and it will stay the same. His high notes are against the weaker teams on the schedule and at times against Rutgers for whatever reason(able to shoot over Rutgers lack of height better?) and Northwestern. Think if there was an elixir they would have found it by now.

Anybody else see TCU get job'd by the refs @Kansas? Up 2 and the ball and stopped the play with TCU 5 on 4 cause Hunter Dickheadson got a forearm to the cheek unintentionally. They gave Kansas 2 shots and the ball. Maybe you don't have to let them play no blood no foul but not a flagrant.

But if he was sick with flu or something he wouldn’t be there at all around other people you wouldn’t think.

I think that’s what everyone was getting at. We all are better than that and I can’t imagine anyone making fun of mental illness.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.

I knew we would struggle this year and so I have quietly been sitting on the sidelines. Football was hard enough to then deal with basketball season. I have confidence that both programs will bounce back. May take a little time but it will happen.

I think that’s what everyone was getting at. We all are better than that and I can’t imagine anyone making fun of mental illness.

I knew we would struggle this year and so I have quietly been sitting on the sidelines. Football was hard enough to then deal with basketball season. I have confidence that both programs will bounce back. May take a little time but it will happen.

DVRed the game

Just finished watching the first half

Hawks had a solid chance of stretching the lead to 20

But suddenly went Inept and let rutgers solidly back into the game

Hawks by 7 at the half

I think things will get better next year FB & BB we do have a very good woman’s BB team so not everything is bad .

Your comments about post holiday depression and seasonal affected disorder sounded like assumptions not speculations. And what does being catholic and Epiphany have to do with any of this other than to absolutely try and make a joke about the whole situation.

I do agree that if it was the flu he should have been away from the arena. And I definitely agree with basketball related discussions related to how much he's struggling, how he shouldn't be starting, and how the ball seemed to move better without him out there. It's been a hot topic that reached a zenith in Madison.

Yeah all, mental illness is nothing to fool around with, my observation and this goes back to last year with the issues with PMac and a mental depression issue, why in the hell did Fran/Mom allow him to sit on the bench, when basketball apparently what was causing the issue, apparently the pressure. Fast forward to today, flu, stay at home with chicken soup, relapse of mental anxiety, stay at home and get treatment, get away from this cluster F they call Iowa Men's basketball from a talent standpoint, out of his league to be playing in the Big, should be at a mid-major, however we all know about the family affairs that go on at the U of I in Iowa city.

Latest posts