~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

Recent Update Movements:
- Roy Devyn Marble passed Jess Settles and is now 7th all time in scoring.
- Aaron White passed Reggie Evans and is now 7th all time in FTM.

All stats are up to date through the Purdue game as of 3/3/2014

With a deep enough run in the B1G and NCAA tourneys, Marble has a shot at 2nd on the all-time scoring list.

Someone tell us, is there any other hawk team that is this well represented on all time lists like this?

Recent Update Movements:
- Roy Devyn Marble passed Matt Gatens and is now 6th all time in scoring.

All stats are up to date through the Michigan State game as of 3/8/2014

Note:
- Marble is only 4 3point FGs away from breaking into the top 10 tying B.J. Armstrong for 10th in 3s.
- Olaseni is only 6 blocks away from breaking into the top 10 with a 3 way tie for 9th.

If Iowa somehow manages to play 6 more games this season and RDM averages exactly 21 pnts per game, he will wind up as the 2nd all-time leading scorer. How cool and clutch would that be to have the Marbles 1 & 2. And, by clutch I mean RDM really couldn't do a whole lot better of following in his father's footsteps.

Recent Update Movements:
- No recent movement as a result of the last game.

All stats are up to date through the Illinois game as of 3/10/2014

Marble needs 118 points to get to #2 all-time. Here's a breakdown of the PPG he needs for all possible scenarios.

11 games: 10.8
10 games: 11.8
9 games: 13.1
8 games: 14.8
7 games: 16.9
6 games: 19.7
5 games: 23.6
4 games: 29.5
3 games: 39.4
2 games: 59
1 games: 118

Recent Update Movements & Tennessee Game Stats to Watch:
- Roy Devyn Marble passed Ronnie Lester and is now 5th all time in scoring, 18 points from tying B.J. Armstrong for 4th all time.
- Roy Devyn Marble is now tied with Ronnie Lester for 5th all time with 431 made FTs.
- Roy Devyn Marble is 2 made 3pt shots away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 10th all time.
- Roy Devyn Marble is 3 steals away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 6th all time in steals.

All stats are up to date through the Northwestern game as of 3/17/2014

Marble now needs 93 points to get to #2 all-time. Here's a breakdown of the PPG he needs for all possible scenarios. It looks like Iowa will have to get to at least the Sweet 16 in order for Marble to pass Acie Earl.

7 games: 13.3
6 games: 15.5
5 games: 18.6
4 games: 23.3
3 games: 31.4
2 games: 46.5
1 games: 93

Recent Update Movements & Tennessee Game Stats to Watch:
- Roy Devyn Marble passed Ronnie Lester and is now 5th all time in scoring, 18 points from tying B.J. Armstrong for 4th all time.
- Roy Devyn Marble is now tied with Ronnie Lester for 5th all time with 431 made FTs.
- Roy Devyn Marble is 2 made 3pt shots away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 10th all time.
- Roy Devyn Marble is 3 steals away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 6th all time in steals.

All stats are up to date through the Northwestern game as of 3/17/2014

Being someone that was still in diapers when BJ played for the Hawks, it shows how great of a player he was when he can have all of those records and not even be the best player on the teams he played for.

Last edited:
JG10--thanks again for this.

I wonder what it would take for Miller or the UOFIowa to keep an up to date version of this on their sites. Seems silly in 2014 the stats are not automatically updated after each game on some major website.

JG10--thanks again for this.

I wonder what it would take for Miller or the UOFIowa to keep an up to date version of this on their sites. Seems silly in 2014 the stats are not automatically updated after each game on some major website.

No problem, I'm just glad some take the time to look at it.

Another thing to remember is Haluska, Woolridge, Kingsbury and Recker put these numbers up in less than 4 season.

There may be others that I missed that didnt play 4 years here as well.

Lester, Nelson, King didn't play as a freshmen. Heck, back then no freshmen played; they had frosh teams that played a full slate of games. I read where the UCLA team that won the national championship had one loss and that was in the game against their freshman team led by Kareem.

Lester also missed a lot of games with the knee injury. Justin Johnson was a JUCO transfer.

What ever happened to Luke Recker? I remember hearing that his Dad lived in Washington IA, that is why he ended up a hawk. When I moved here that had come up in conversation, and everyone looked at me like I was speaking jibberish

He lives in Coralville. Works for a medical supply company.

Luke Recker:

Lester, Nelson, King didn't play as a freshmen. Heck, back then no freshmen played; they had frosh teams that played a full slate of games. I read where the UCLA team that won the national championship had one loss and that was in the game against their freshman team led by Kareem.

Lester also missed a lot of games with the knee injury. Justin Johnson was a JUCO transfer.

Lester was a 4 year starter. The knee injury cost him the most time.

Ronnie Lester Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Freshman were allowed to play starting in 1972-73.

I know the season is still 2 months away but figured I'd get a head start and give some of us some material to talk about between football games.

Recent Update Movements & Beginning of 2014-2015 Stats to Watch:
- Watch for Aaron White to enter and/or continue to move up various top 10 categories this season.
- Watch for Josh Oglesby to enter the top 10 in 3pt FGs.
- Watch for Gabriel Olaseni to enter the top 10 in blocks.
- Mike Gesell could enter the top 10 in assists by the end of the season.

Latest posts