~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

Sorry OP, I'm reminiscing about the past instead of comparing current player right now.

No worries, discuss about present players or past players. We all just needed some new material to talk about to help us pass the time until the next game. So I figured I might as well start this thread to help the cause.

What ever happened to Luke Recker? I remember hearing that his Dad lived in Washington IA, that is why he ended up a hawk. When I moved here that had come up in conversation, and everyone looked at me like I was speaking jibberish

I think I saw he was living in North Liberty, but I'm not sure what he's up to.

Another thing to remember is Haluska, Woolridge, Kingsbury and Recker put these numbers up in less than 4 season.

There may be others that I missed that didnt play 4 years here as well.

Don Nelson only played 3 years because freshman were not allowed to play varsity back then. Also he only played 72 games since seasons were on 24 games back then. If you look at his averages had Don Nelson played 4 seasons at 30 games each he would still have most records and many of them may have been out of reach.

There might be a better site with his college stats, sports reference is handy. Scroll to the bottom.

Don Nelson NBA & ABA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Don Nelson only played 3 years because freshman were not allowed to play varsity back then. Also he only played 72 games since seasons were on 24 games back then. If you look at his averages had Don Nelson played 4 seasons at 30 games each he would still have most records and many of them may have been out of reach.

There might be a better site with his college stats, sports reference is handy. Scroll to the bottom.

Same with Kevin Kunnert. He only played 3 years. He would probably be the rebounding leader with the 4th year.

It surprised me to not see bobby hansen on the 3 pt list. I was too young to know,but did bobby play when there was a 3 pt line?

Same with Kevin Kunnert. He only played 3 years. He would probably be the rebounding leader with the 4th year.

True, again those guys only played 72 games while Roy Marble played in 134. Had Kevin Kunnert played that many games the rebounding record would be set pretty high. Nelson would have had at least 2700 points and set the bar high with free throws made. Plus there was no three point line back then.

No worries, discuss about present players or past players. We all just needed some new material to talk about to help us pass the time until the next game. So I figured I might as well start this thread to help the cause.

It has been a long week. I sure hope Iowa comes out ready to play tomorrow. It would make me sick to have Wisconsin come in and beat Iowa in Carver.

405 FT's made in 2 years. Just imagine if he had been a 4 year player.. He would've obliterated that record. Same goes for the rebounding record.

Reggie averaged 11.5 rebounds per game in his career at Iowa. Kunnert averaged 12.7 rebounds per game. Reggie may have set the record because they played more games than they did in the early 70's.

It has been a long week. I sure hope Iowa comes out ready to play tomorrow. It would make me sick to have Wisconsin come in and beat Iowa in Carver.

Agreed, the longer we have to wait the more nervous I get about the Hawks being rusty and not coming out determined to send those badgers home embarrassed.

As it seems many of you are discussing who would hold which records had they played more games, I may try and add a per game column at some point in the next few days for the applicable stats.

I was recently looking at Doug McDermott's place on the all-time scoring list when these numbers astounded me. In the (unlikely) event that Creighton were to play 39 games this year and McDermott were to continue his current scoring average for this season, he would finish his career with about 3,225 career points in career 149 games. Pete Maravich holds the all-time record with 3,667 points in just 83 career games.

I was recently looking at Doug McDermott's place on the all-time scoring list when these numbers astounded me. In the (unlikely) event that Creighton were to play 39 games this year and McDermott were to continue his current scoring average for this season, he would finish his career with about 3,225 career points in career 149 games. Pete Maravich holds the all-time record with 3,667 points in just 83 career games.

Pistol Pete is in the Top 10 twice with 2 of his sons for all time father/son scoring combos.

One of his sons scored like 7 career points in college and the other son scored 0 points.

Pistol Pete is in the Top 10 twice with 2 of his sons for all time father/son scoring combos.

One of his sons scored like 7 career points in college and the other son scored 0 points.

I wonder if the McDermotts are at the top of that list? If I remember right, Greg was a pretty solid player for UNI back in his playing days.

Damn, my mind is blown. Makes you appreciate what ole Pistol Pete did even more, imagine if they had the 3 point arc back then.

I wonder if the McDermotts are at the top of that list? If I remember right, Greg was a pretty solid player for UNI back in his playing days.

I cant remember who was at the top, but it wasnt the McDermotts.

Jalen Rose and his dad were in the Top 10, 2 sets of Maravich's, obviously the Marble's.

I cant remember who was at the top, but it wasnt the McDermotts.

Jalen Rose and his dad were in the Top 10, 2 sets of Maravich's, obviously the Marble's.

Just did some research. Jalen Rose and Jimmy Walker scored 3828 career points, and the McDermotts recently passed them. With Doug's most recent games, the McDermotts are at 3911 career points (if my math is right). I'll see if I can find a full list to see who's #1.

Edit: Rose/Walker put up those 3800+ points in just 6 combined college seasons.