~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

Just did some research. Jalen Rose and Jimmy Walker scored 3828 career points, and the McDermotts recently passed them. With Doug's most recent games, the McDermotts are at 3911 career points (if my math is right). I'll see if I can find a full list to see who's #1.

Edit: Rose/Walker put up those 3800+ points in just 6 combined college seasons.

It's looks like Steve Burtt, Sr and Steve Burtt, Jr--both of whom played at Iona--are at the top of the list with 4,568 career points. Both men scored over 2000 points in their college careers.

Just did some research. Jalen Rose and Jimmy Walker scored 3828 career points, and the McDermotts recently passed them. With Doug's most recent games, the McDermotts are at 3911 career points (if my math is right). I'll see if I can find a full list to see who's #1.

I want to say #1 was a father/son duo who both played for Iona.

Plz post top 10 if you have time once you find it.

Out of respect for Rose, you can throw that Walker/Rose record away. Jalen has mentioned many times that he doesn't consider Walker his father after he abandoned him. I'm good with that.

Mike G is currently at 186 assists, so he won't break into the top 10 until maybe next year but he'll eventually make it.

Im not super sure some of these records will go down if fran stays. He does rack up points, but if he is deep, minutes will be limited with his system. Definitely a team system, but it also highlights played well.

Mike G is currently at 186 assists, so he won't break into the top 10 until maybe next year but he'll eventually make it.

Good call. I was going to add him but decided I would wait until he racks up a few more assists and reevaluate adding him around tournament time.

Good call. I was going to add him but decided I would wait until he racks up a few more assists and reevaluate adding him around tournament time.

He's got a good shot to end up in 6th and if he keeps improving he could overtake Lester for 5th.

Also, Gabe's only 10 back from getting into the top 10 for blocks. At his current rate this season he needs 7 more games to break into the 10.

Last edited:
He's got a good shot to end up in 6th and if he keeps improving he could overtake Lester for 5th.

Also, Gabe's only 10 back from getting into the top 10 for blocks. At his current rate this season he needs 7 more games to break into the 10.

Agreed, it will be interesting to see how Mike's numbers change as his role changes the next 2 seasons.

Thanks for your input, just added Gabe to the list! He's got a great chance at breaking into the top 10 this season.

These records are imposters. No spider ursery! No rodell Davis! No Johnny fort! Where are the real records? What have you done with them?

After today's game Devyn has moved up in a couple of the categories.
- Devyn passed Dean Oliver and is now 9th all time in scoring.
- Devyn passed Kenny Arnold and Mon'ter Glasper and is now 6th all time in assists.

I see gesell being over 5 apg next yr and his senior yr.

This just makes me wonder what Adam would have been had he had 4 yrs of stats at Iowa.

Throw in his numbers with ISU:
1862 points would be 2nd all time at Iowa.
252 3 pointers would be 2nd all time at Iowa.
422 FTM would be 6th all time at Iowa.

Recent Update Movements:
- Aaron White passed B.J. Armstrong and is now tied for 7th with Reggie Evans in career FTM.
- Roy Devyn marble passed Jeff Horner and is now 7th all time in steals.

All stats are up to date through the Indiana game as of 2/28/2014

Latest posts