IOWA-Ball State football thread.

hell, here's how you fix the hawks offense
1) play beathard the rest of the season and have him chuck deep balls, Rudock is worried about his QB rating and not scoring points
2) that will open up the run game, which will still be terrible but it might actually produce something
3) cut Koehn at halftime

Get this man 5.2 million.

This picture is SO Jake Rudock.
Throwing to flats when there are WIDE open tight ends in the middle of the field.

Bw4PP8FIEAAg2xS.jpg

That pic could have been from any game last year.

I'm really hoping the second half makes me forget the first. I have NO idea what the overall objective of this offense is supposed to be. It's like Iowa is trying to disrupt their own rhythm. What does Beathard have to do to get back in this game? I thought tryouts were supposed to happen before the season started. I see no purpose to using five backs poorly and giving the backup QB one series in the first half. Maybe Beathard isn't the answer, but if you don't give him at least a quarter, then why play him at all?

1) play beathard the rest of the season and have him chuck deep balls, Rudock is worried about his QB rating and not scoring points
2) that will open up the run game, which will still be terrible but it might actually produce something
3) cut Koehn at halftime

Actually one of, if not the most important stat for getting a high passing rating, is yards per attempt. I think its safe to say that Rudock is not at all concerned with that.

3) cut Koehn at halftime

Yes to all.

on #1, it's the only thing that has worked...so what does KFz do.... go away from it. JFC, does he watch the game?

Glad we have very favorable schedule.

Favorable? lol FCS power in week one, MAC power in week two, an ISU team that just got screwed out of beating K-State and had a longer win streak than Alabama as recently as eight days ago, plus on the road against an undefeated Pitt? Not looking too favorable to me, that's a gauntlet.

Terrible half of football. The future of this team does not look promising at this point. That was just horrible!!!!!!!!

After the way KF handled CJ I wouldn't be surprised if transfer talk starts up. Kirk showed him that no matter how well he plays he won't see the field this year or next.

I don't think this Iowa team is bad at all. But they are playing so tight, so pointlessly conservative, that they end up running and throwing the ball right into the eye of the opposing D. Ken O'Keefe would have had 28 at halftime with this offense. Play-action, play-action, play-action.

Latest posts