Ingram is transferring

I wish you wouldnt have done this. Now CWood will sit here and try to tell us this is exactly what is going on with Okoro and every other Clown that Fred has driven away.

Fred handled the Okoro situation much better than Fran did with Ingram if he really is transferring. Ingram ****ed Iowa over by not telling them sooner, Fran doesn't seem to be the type to pull scholarships but we could have went after one of the many transfers out there or found another juco wing had Ingram announced this right after the season.

If true..........too bad. I remember seeing him play at the B&G Blowout and being really impressed. He can get to the hoop and is a good defender.

But as many have pointed out before, this team is loaded now (at least compared to where it's been). There is little chance for PT going forward. I don't blame him at all, IF TRUE, and I wish him well. Some school will get a helluva player.

Fred handled the Okoro situation much better than Fran did with Ingram if he really is transferring. Ingram ****ed Iowa over by not telling them sooner, Fran doesn't seem to be the type to pull scholarships but we could have went after one of the many transfers out there or found another juco wing had Ingram announced this right after the season.

Ingram did not screw Iowa over in the least.

Ingram did not screw Iowa over in the least.

He absolutely did if he waited until now to tell the staff. That's two months where Fran could have been going after other transfers or jucos.

But I still haven't seen anything offical that he is actually leaving.

You are assuming he knew he was going to leave. He's the 13th guy on the roster, taking a few more weeks to decide if he wants to stay or leave does not hurt his team or program. This is a fairly big decision.

He absolutely did if he waited until now to tell the staff. That's two months where Fran could have been going after other transfers or jucos.

That's silly. Fran will bank that scholly. Who do you think he could possibly bring to the team now to make an impact?

The kid wants to play and he won't be able to other then garbage mins if he stayed. I'll never begrudge a kid that wants to play. It's one thing if they are way over shooting their own ability and think they are a star and they aren't even good enough to start. But if your a kid that's good enough to play D1 and your on a loaded (at your position) team and want a shot at playing more power to him. This opens up a scholly for Coach to play with and lets Ingram look for a good fit for him to go to. No hard feelings here good luck to him.

That's silly. Fran will bank that scholly. Who do you think he could possibly bring to the team now to make an impact?

No one, if he had had an open scholarship in March there were plenty of solid transfers we could have went after. That's my whole point.

Come on. Your assuming alot there. First your assuming Ingram had made up his mind to transfer along time ago and sat on it till now.. I doubt that. 2nd your assuming Coach would have even tried to bring in a juco for this yr to replace him. 3rd your assuming there was a juco out there even worth him going after to try and bring in to this group. I doubt you'll hear a bad word from anyone on the team in regards to this.

Come on. Your assuming alot there. First your assuming Ingram had made up his mind to transfer along time ago and sat on it till now.. I doubt that. 2nd your assuming Coach would have even tried to bring in a juco for this yr to replace him. 3rd your assuming there was a juco out there even worth him going after to try and bring in to this group. I doubt you'll hear a bad word from anyone on the team in regards to this.

I repeat; this was a very recent decision. As of two weeks ago he was all registered and ready to go for next year.

Not necessarily a juco but another transfer. And there were certainly quality transfers out there. This is where Fred understands the recruiting game, he's not waiting for a teenager to make up his mind if he's staying or going. When he sees somebody he wants, he goes after them and then makes room for them later. Being proactive is beneficial.

Probably best for both sides.

At some point Ingram probably could have been a serviceable player however that time, I don't think, was going to be next year.

Iowa can afford the transfer and perhaps will get someone with that scholly out of the 2014 class that is loaded with top shelf talent. Ingram will work out well for a smaller school.

Good luck to him.

Not necessarily a juco but another transfer. And there were certainly quality transfers out there. This is where Fred understands the recruiting game, he's not waiting for a teenager to make up his mind if he's staying or going. When he sees somebody he wants, he goes after them and then makes room for them later. Being proactive is beneficial.
That's all well and good but irrelevant since he made up his mind recently and not 2 or 3 months ago. I'm not sure I'd be comfy with a coach pushing out a good kid or making him feel not wanted just because he has a snow balls chance of landing a transfer/juco kid that might be interested in coming to play. I'm sure that goes on but I have no clue if Hoiberg does that. Maybe my head is in the sand and that's a common practice. I just hope not for the kids and programs sake.

Latest posts