Ingram is transferring

Not necessarily a juco but another transfer. And there were certainly quality transfers out there. This is where Fred understands the recruiting game, he's not waiting for a teenager to make up his mind if he's staying or going. When he sees somebody he wants, he goes after them and then makes room for them later. Being proactive is beneficial.

'Cause we have lots of minutes to spare and all. We don't need a Junior. We need to fill the class of '14 and '15. The timing is not important.

'Cause we have lots of minutes to spare and all. We don't need a Junior. We need to fill the class of '14 and '15. The timing is not important.

Do you realize most transfers have to sit out a year? Pulling in a guy who can sit out this year and then play two or three could have been a really good fit, but because Ingram waited this long Fran missed out on the chance to go after many of those guys.

Not necessarily a juco but another transfer. And there were certainly quality transfers out there. This is where Fred understands the recruiting game, he's not waiting for a teenager to make up his mind if he's staying or going. When he sees somebody he wants, he goes after them and then makes room for them later. Being proactive is beneficial.

Fred and Crean seem to constantly recruit over their current roster,and you want Fran to go that route?
Fran is not cut from that cloth,and he understands that it is not how Iowa bb operates.

Now, that said, as someone mentioned, that Johnny Woodard juco kid could come in in 2014 and have 3 years to play, joining Meyer and Jok in that class. This would allow Fran to give schollys to three frosh, like Ulis, Harris and Cunningham also. Bringing in those 4 next year would be a huge boost to our speed and athleticism,which is sorely needed.

Good luck to Patrick. I suspect he will play a lot of minutes at a mid-major down the road.

Do you realize most transfers have to sit out a year? Pulling in a guy who can sit out this year and then play two or three could have been a really good fit, but because Ingram waited this long Fran missed out on the chance to go after many of those guys.

We have six underclassmen on the roster, 5 of whom I already feel comfortable labelling "starters." We need freshmen, and we need them in two years.

Could we still go after EC Mathews or is that bridge closed? Also since we granted Ingram a release does he have to sit out a year?

I think the perfect situation would be bringing in a player who has already graduated, but has a year left to play. Ideally, a mature, unselfish individual who feels the urgency to be part of an NCAA tourney team in his final season. Anyone know when the deadline would be for bringing in a guy who has already graduated? It's possible there are a couple guys out there that are interested in Iowa now that there is an opening that Fran knows little about.

Could we still go after EC Mathews or is that bridge closed? Also since we granted Ingram a release does he have to sit out a year?

I believe it depends on where he goes. If he transfers to another division 1 school, he has to sit out.

Was hoping for no transfers. I think he could have provided value even if it was nothing more than in practice and a few minutes here and there for foul trouble/injury scenarios.

Sorry....somebody bring me up to date. So, EC is transferring from Rhode Island? Did he redshirt last year? I lost track of him when he committed to the Rams.

I believe Mathews is still signed with RI as an incoming frosh this year.

And Ingram's departure, while unfortunate, may actually turn out to be a benefit to the Hawks. It frees up another scholarship for 2014. We certainly didn't need another newcomer JUCO joining the team this year when we already have a phalanx of players jockeying for minutes. Sorry to see Patrick go, and wish him well in the future, but this is probably best for all parties involved.

Last edited:
Wish JO would be next to go. on dimensional player/shooter that can't make a more then 1/4 has little value.

I think Ingram has a better overall game than JO. No JUCO, now that we have a decent team,, Fran can start to shoot higher on the star list. Tons on senior talent next year in the Chicago area.

Wow, what a difference a coach makes. We now will have the ability to go 12 D1 caliber schoarship players deep vs. the previous regime and that would have been 13 if Ingram had stayed. Amazing. Understand the limited minutes issue, that isn't my point; which is we now have TALENT! Ingram's game is D1 level from what I saw.

I wish you wouldnt have done this. Now CWood will sit here and try to tell us this is exactly what is going on with Okoro and every other Clown that Fred has driven away.

Why isn't it? Do you have some information we don't in regard to the conversations between Fred and okoro?