Ingram is transferring

He came in behind and never caught up, but I think he will be a good player where he lands. It is unfortunate, but I think Iowa and Ingram will come out in good places when all is said and done.

Why isn't it? Do you have some information we don't in regard to the conversations between Fred and okoro?

No I don't. All the info I need is the number of players Fred has recruited that have left ISU in comparison to the number of players that Fran has recruited that have left Iowa. The players that the Cardiac Kid can't develop he kicks to teh curb.

Any more brain busters ya dolt?

I think the perfect situation would be bringing in a player who has already graduated, but has a year left to play. Ideally, a mature, unselfish individual who feels the urgency to be part of an NCAA tourney team in his final season. Anyone know when the deadline would be for bringing in a guy who has already graduated? It's possible there are a couple guys out there that are interested in Iowa now that there is an opening that Fran knows little about.

We have quality players and great depth...don't see the logic or benefit to this at all.

No one, if he had had an open scholarship in March there were plenty of solid transfers we could have went after. That's my whole point.

Ingram has to do what is best for him. I suspect he liked Iowa and his teammates but can't see playing time in his immediate future. It likely took him awhile to make this decision and I'm more than willing to allow him the time to be sure. I don't agree with pushing guys out of the program so I have nothing against Ingram or the timing. I hope he ends up being as good as I think he can be. I have no ill will toward Ingram and will pull for him to succeed wherever he lands.

Transfers...we don't need them. There are already too few minutes for the talent and depth of the current roster...post Ingram. We lose 3 guys next year which suggests there will still be 9 quality players remaining...not counting incoming recruits ready to contribute right away.

No I don't. All the info I need is the number of players Fred has recruited that have left ISU in comparison to the number of players that Fran has recruited that have left Iowa. The players that the Cardiac Kid can't develop he kicks to teh curb.

Any more brain busters ya dolt?

Hilarious.

You know we haven't won a Big Ten title in men's basketball in about a third of a century right? Seems kind of silly to think we have too much depth. Fran won't take anyone, but if the right player comes along, Iowa could go from good to great.

As a Drake grad, we could sure use a guy like Patrick. UNI could too... but I suspect he'll head back closer to home. Good luck to him

Without a doubt Iowa should explore a fifth year senior or a juco. This team next year has a chance to be special and to push the top 10 top 15. If the right fit is out there this is an easy decision. Not to mention a big run and a good year just helps this team recruit going forward. Only problem is it would have to be quick I almost think it's a must to play in ptl.

Without a doubt Iowa should explore a fifth year senior or a juco. This team next year has a chance to be special and to push the top 10 top 15. If the right fit is out there this is an easy decision. Not to mention a big run and a good year just helps this team recruit going forward. Only problem is it would have to be quick I almost think it's a must to play in ptl.

I'm not directing this question to you personally...as others are of a like opinion. I don't follow recruiting as closely as others. Please tell me the players (5th year and/or JUCO) currently available that would/should play ahead of the players listed below. Six names have to come off the list below because we don't need anyone that isn't a guarantee to crack the top 7 IMO.

Marble - Basabe - McCabe (all have 3 years experience and know what Fran wants/expects)

White - Olaseni - Oglesby (2 years experience as above)

Gesell - Woodbury - Uthoff - Clemmons (3 off and on starters and a transfer with a year working with the team)

Jok - Meyer (a highly regarded recruit and a RS with a year working with the team)

I would love it if for this coming year they could get a guy who is quick and can play above the rim or a dude that is just a deadeye behind the arc shooter. Basically some guy who can come in and put massive pressure on the D to open it up for guys like Mel, Aaron, Uthoff and Woody to have the space they need to take their guy one on one or hit an open midrange shot.

I think they'll bank the scholly for another guard in the 2014/15 classes. That would put them as a FR when MG and AC are SR/JRs. They'd have a year or two to grow without being put into the fire, as much. It makes sense, but timing is everything and reality will probably have a say in this.

I'm not directing this question to you personally...as others are of a like opinion. I don't follow recruiting as closely as others. Please tell me the players (5th year and/or JUCO) currently available that would/should play ahead of the players listed below. Six names have to come off the list below because we don't need anyone that isn't a guarantee to crack the top 7 IMO.

Marble - Basabe - McCabe (all have 3 years experience and know what Fran wants/expects)

White - Olaseni - Oglesby (2 years experience as above)

Gesell - Woodbury - Uthoff - Clemmons (3 off and on starters and a transfer with a year working with the team)

Jok - Meyer (a highly regarded recruit and a RS with a year working with the team)

I'm directing this question to you. So your honestly telling me you don't think there is one available player in the whole country that give Iowa more quality minutes than McCabe JO Meyer JOK Clemmons Olaseni and help this team for year or two ?