Ingoodco/PC

How about at least first, second, or third place in the conference and a sweet 16? Is that asking too much from a coach who will have assembled his best team in his tenure? We can also do a mix and match sort of say. Say we win the Conference tournament but only get to the second round of the tourney. In other words results that would exceed his best year up to this point. Something rememberable.

Shut up and pack up is obviously a coaching change if it’s just another middle of or bottom third of the conference. I’m not asking for a national championship here?

What say you PC? INGOODCOMPANY?

Good thing UVa didn't can Bennett after losing to a 16-seed a couple years ago.. They came back the next year and won the whole damn thing.

As has been said, a lot can happen in the NCAA tournament. But if we go INTO the BTT next year playing for a 2-seed versus a 3/4-seed, I'd say that's pretty damn acceptable. But BTT is one hurdle Fran really needs to figure out navigating. I'm not sure we have ever played on Saturday, let alone Sunday, under Fran. While BTT performance isn't everything, getting to Saturday pretty much solidifies whatever seed we had going in. Lose Thursday/Friday and you can drop a seed--or two--if comparable teams do well in their conference tournament.

Latest posts