Ingoodco/PC

Iowa is terrible now, after being really good the first 2 months of the season. Is there a reason for that? Of course there is, we're down to 8 scholarship players. Duh, that's not an excuse that's a reason. I don't need an excuse. I don't need to excuse the team. Tuesday was a horrible loss to a horrible team at one of the more winnable road games we have in the conference. I know that. I also know the reason it happened. What's wrong with being able to look at things for what they are?

Seriously 2 days of nothing but excuses is enough to make me puke! Both of you are straight up just homers at the highest level. lmao!!!
Was Iowa ranked in last weeks poll?

Did Iowa play three of its last four halves without their starting SG who averages double figures, has a 2.4:1 assist to turnover, and came into the the Penn State game leading the conference in 3pt %?

Remember those are not opinion questions those are simple yes no questions.

You guys ever read Hayden Fry's book? He talks about how huge injuries were and how much effect they had on your season. Now magnify that to a much smaller scale. Expecting this team to somehow just keep rolling through each injury is ridiculous.

If you subtract any 3 starters from any other school I'd like to see how they'd hold up too. I won't even count PM since we don't know how big or small of an impact he'd have made. Losing 3 starters and trading Moss for Evelyn basically is one heck of a net loss... When you have Garza being triple teamed and then JW having his worst shooting night ever combined with all that then yeah. You can lose to Nebraska. And most D1 teams with a pulse. It'll be an uphill climb the rest of the way. We all could see that coming even before CJF got hurt. Now that he is too... Only tougher

Was Iowa ranked in last weeks poll?

Did Iowa play three of its last four halves without their starting SG who averages double figures, has a 2.4:1 assist to turnover, and came into the the Penn State game leading the conference in 3pt %?

Remember those are not opinion questions those are simple yes no questions.
For some people there are no simple yes/no questions.

Our culture is going thru that right now.

giphy.gif

It's a fact that we shot 4 of 33 from 3 and only attempted 5 free throws. Both of those are the most outlier-iest of outliers. We still only lost by 6.

Now, it was a terrible loss. There's no way around that. I was livid. It was embarrassing. But it's also imperative to acknowledge how historically terrible we shot from 3 and how far below our season average we were on free throws.

You guys ever read Hayden Fry's book? He talks about how huge injuries were and how much effect they had on your season. Now magnify that to a much smaller scale. Expecting this team to somehow just keep rolling through each injury is ridiculous.

I will add that an injury in basketball can be quite destructive as there are only 5 players on the court and there is usually a player rotation. When a player is injured it can really mess up a rotation. Same can be said trying to add a player after the season gets going. There is not a lot of room for error in basketball compared to football or baseball. You take a scorer off the court and opposing teams can key on pretty much two players. College teams will defend that at this level.

It's a fact that we shot 4 of 33 from 3 and only attempted 5 free throws. Both of those are the most outlier-iest of outliers. We still only lost by 6.

Now, it was a terrible loss. There's no way around that. I was livid. It was embarrassing. But it's also imperative to acknowledge how historically terrible we shot from 3 and how far below our season average we were on free throws.
I know injuries can be huge but I thought we still have Garza and Weezy? Two kids who asked the NBA for feedback. I figured we would still be ok considering some people had Wieskamp as the next coming of Larry Bird.

I know injuries can be huge but I thought we still have Garza and Weezy? Two kids who asked the NBA for feedback. I figured we would still be ok considering some people had Wieskamp as the next coming of Larry Bird.
Garza didn't ask the NBA for feedback, but you make a good point.

I think they're still gonna keep us in a lot of games. I could be wrong, but I am not quite ready to pack it in yet. I mean what's the hurry right? :)
Well if others employ the sag in the paint and triple team Garza strategy and we can shoot just a tad better then 4-33 from 3 pt land I'd say we'll be in games too. It seems like getting 75 pts would be tough to get to with this lineup but who knows. I'll be watching what do we hve better to do :)

If you subtract any 3 starters from any other school I'd like to see how they'd hold up too. I won't even count PM since we don't know how big or small of an impact he'd have made. Losing 3 starters and trading Moss for Evelyn basically is one heck of a net loss... When you have Garza being triple teamed and then JW having his worst shooting night ever combined with all that then yeah. You can lose to Nebraska. And most D1 teams with a pulse. It'll be an uphill climb the rest of the way. We all could see that coming even before CJF got hurt. Now that he is too... Only tougher
What?!?!?

You think Sparty would take a big drop missing 3 starters?

/sarc

Can we all agree that if all eligible players return next season and we avoid any major injuries, that it will be time for Fran to put up, or shut up and PACK UP???

Last edited:
I will add this also; If we win tonight we are back on the board. Need to stop this small tailspin. Hoping for the best for my life long favorite team!!! Go HAWKS!!!

Can we all agree that if all eligible players return next season and we avoid any major injuries, that it will be time for Fran to put up, or shut up and PACK UP???
I think we can all agree on that. We probably just can't agree on what "put up or shut up" means. What do you think it means? I say a good enough record to get a double bye in the Big 10 tournament. I'm not going to put a stipulation on post season play because one bad game can happen way easier than a bad season can.

Latest posts