Indisputable evidence hoosier was out of bounds

Great work everyone. The black end zone really didn't help on this one. If you watch is closely, you can tell it never touches the ground...maybe less than a half inch off but never on the ground.

I THOUGHT BOTH WAYS ON THIS, IT SEEMS HE TRAVELS A LONG WAY PARALLEL TO THE GROUND. HIS FOOT SHOULD HAVE IT, YOU'D THINK, BUT IT DOESN'T I THINK.

Nice work with the pic Thumper...when you get to that level of detail, you can truly tell that while it was close, it was not a catch.

Say what you want about whether or not his foot hit the ground. Even if he didn't bobble it I'm not sure he had caught the ball when his foot hit the ground.

I thought the foot being down was too close to call to overrule the call on the field.

It wasn't until I read the forums and talking about the bobble. The wr falls on his back and the ball bounces off his chest then brings it back in. That was very clear. Glad the ref saw this.

I also thought the announcers were pretty bad with the instant replay commentary. The review of the 3rd down run by Indiana that was short of the first down I think was the worst by the announcers.

This changed my mind. I actually thought it was six all along until seeing this. Hopefully, the word/facts will get out-but that isn't how it works in these situations: nationally, everyone has their mind made up, the story is etched in stone. By the time that snapshot reaches anyone who matters, everyone will have moved on to next week. They might refer back to it as an example of poor officiating, or maybe refer to Iowa as needing poor officiating to beat a bad team along with the other close calls (UNI, Ark St), but the facts won't get in the way, it is too late.
-Greg

Last edited:
Wow.

Not only is Davis saying "His toe was down!" when it wasn't, you've got Mr. Spittle saying "He's got possession of the ball" when it looks like the ball is still being bobbled.

The announcing the past two weeks has been borderline slander... you could almost file a defamation suit against those guys. I joke about that, but it was ridiculous. I've never been so livid at a color commentary guy like I was Sat with Bob Davie. It was RIDICULOUS. He clearly has a vendetta against Iowa and Ferentz. I don't know what happened between him and KF, but his actions were egregious.

And also... if you are assigned a game, why not do a little research before heading out and mucking up a game? The media guide has the player pronunciations in it. It's not Troy Strauss. It's not Amari Spi-Vee. DO SOME RESEARCH. If I performed like that on my job, I would be fired. Also, how many times are they going to put the graphic for #6 as Eric Guthrie? Any punt return or catch by #6, the ticker at the top says Eric Guthrie, not KDavis.

Also Davie saying there are no superstars, that no one knows ANYONE on this team is just ignorant. Look at the midseason AA team, SOMEONE knows these guys because there were Hawkeyes on the list. I was just appalled listening to him on Sat. It was ridiculous.

Indisputable evidence?
There's still plenty of Hawk fans who will say that is a catch.
Certainly not enough indisputable evidence to OVERTURN the call on the field.

In my heart, I will believe that in watching that replay over and over, they saw that receiver push off over and over, so they evened the score.

I thought Davie was fine. And I'm generally one to jump on the "The announcers are against us" bandwagon.

We now and forever have lost the right to ***** about the 2006 Outback Bowl.

Our seats are pretty close to the play. We were very surprised the call was overturned. But after seeing the blowup box picture and the video I can see why the official overturned it. You can clearly see the leg and foot are not touching the ground. I don't see any pellets kicked up either. If they were it would be very obvious. I have also seen the video where the receiver bobbles the ball for a fraction of a second. After further review it was not a catch.

The foot touches people. It touches before they zoom in on the knee. When looking at the other angle you see black pieces come up.

Would that TD of matter? Probably not. But there is no question that the refs got it wrong. First place I have actually seen or heard where somebody has said otherwise

The foot touches people. It touches before they zoom in on the knee. When looking at the other angle you see black pieces come up.

Would that TD of matter? Probably not. But there is no question that the refs got it wrong. First place I have actually seen or heard where somebody has said otherwise

Jon, as an idea for an enhancement to the site, how about not allowing anyone to register with "cy" in their login

Jon, as an idea for an enhancement to the site, how about not allowing anyone to register with "cy" in their login

Why? I have 5 posts and none of which are bad. I am a fan for both teams and went to Iowa my last 2 years of school.

I just tell it like I see it. It was a bad call especially with how it was called on the field. Once again it probably wouldn't have mattered

Why? I have 5 posts and none of which are bad. I am a fan for both teams and went to Iowa my last 2 years of school.

I just tell it like I see it. It was a bad call especially with how it was called on the field. Once again it probably wouldn't have mattered

I agree with a Cyclones fan.
Yes, I feel icky.

Latest posts