In any other P5 program…

I don't think we should fire Kirk. This is fine. The beginning of the season made it look like this team was ahead of schedule, and I bought in.

But this is where I had this team to start the year, 9 - 3, just different losses in a differ Next year is where I thought it was go time, even with Mich and OSU on the schedule. The line gets bigger, and we keep a lot.

Figure next year could be 10 - 2, but a trip to Indy.

The question is can the line improve enough?

But this does not look like a 9-3 team. It looks like a .500 or below team.

Because a wholesale change in the offensive coaching staff usually works, right?

Show me any staff refresh that’s worked and I’ll show you 20 that made it worse.
Look at BF bio. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have researched he was a positive coach and an offensive assistant before coming to Iowa. What does an offensive assistant even do? Did he even call plays before Iowa?

Brian needs to be fired tomorrow and if that means that Kirk walks because he wants to continue to milk paychecks for his inept son then so be it. This can not continue to stan
I was going to post that Brian would be fired tomorrow if he was an OC down here in the south.
Then I realized he would never be hired as an OC here.

Your continuity and stability arguments are fair, but you need to continue to evolve offensively and Iowa is often too stagnant.
Well Said. We are older School Thinking.Predictabilty a Brute. Accountability interesting Concept Huh?

I don't think you fire anyone. But you can't defend how bad the offense has been. That's consistently poor. They did at least try the screen and slant game.
Orlovsky was going crazy about the slants but I agree, I thought it was a nice change up. Petras wasn't very accurate with the first few attempts, in particular the one to Goodson should have been a first down. They also tried to isolate Goodson a few times against a LB/S but couldn't connect.

O line is far and away the biggest issue which is so alarming. Scheme is #2. QB has not been great but let's be honest, Petras would be throwing for 250/game if the other two pieces were average.

In any other P5 program…​

Petras would be pulled to give the back up a chance.
#1 Georgia plays two QB's.
Oklahoma was undefeated but pulled a Heisman candidate because he wasn't getting the job done.
Clemson sat 5 star Uiagalelei for performance.

We continue to plod on with mediocre and accept losses out of fear.

Orlovsky was going crazy about the slants but I agree, I thought it was a nice change up. Petras wasn't very accurate with the first few attempts, in particular the one to Goodson should have been a first down. They also tried to isolate Goodson a few times against a LB/S but couldn't connect.

O line is far and away the biggest issue which is so alarming. Scheme is #2. QB has not been great but let's be honest, Petras would be throwing for 250/game if the other two pieces were average.
The scheme is the largest problem. Defenses have caught up and surpassed it like they did against the option.

Latest posts