In any other P5 program…

So much can be said to reply to your statements above. 1. you say Iowa is not a marquee program and it is not even if a definition of a marquee program is mostly Top 10 in winning and recruiting. Iowa is not that. But dont underestimate why these coaches just want a chance to coach in the Big 10, they are aggressive and competitive and want the challenge and money. And marquee can be winning 10 games a year which some coaches think they could do at Iowa. So your logic of not a marquee program would prove we cant attract a known, good coach but I disagree.

Do you think Luke Fickell is unproven? Just wondering???? I dont!!! Born and raised in Ohio, played for OSU, from Big Ten country and the conference, he could almost double his salary at Iowa and get back into the Big 10 to try and win titles in the 2nd toughest conf, and a close to first best conference. He is a winning coach, proven over the short term.

Hell, Hayden Fry was very proven with 18 years of top coaching but he came to Iowa (maybe money and a change was part of it but I also think of the challenge of the Big 10 and playing in the huge stadiums is a big allure).

I always wondered if Chris Petersen would have come to Iowa around 2012 when he went to Washington from Boise St.

You can win at Iowa and it is proven over the last 42 years. Great facilities and fans and support.

I am not sure what other coaches are out there that might be somewhat known and proven like Fickell, but again not many, so sometimes you have to have the right timing to get someone to Iowa.
Oh I think if Iowas HC job opened up today or in 3 yrs from now there'd be no shortage of good candidates. They'd have all kinds of guys wanting to put their hats in the ring for it. You rattled off some good reasons why and there's lots more. I mean is it USC? No but it's got plenty going for it.

The question for Iowa won't be having a pool of good candidates or not but the right fit of one. What route does Iowa want to go? A younger inexperienced guy? An up and coming guy? An established middle of the pack kinda guy? I'll be fascinated about how that hiring process ends up going be it sooner or later

If KF pulled the plug, and believe me, I hope he does not any time soon, I would grab Luke Fickle in a heartbeat.

Bob Stoops.
Who builds Iowa into a top 5 program, wins B10 and makes CFP in four years.
Hands off to Mark Stoops..
The Hayden lineage continues and a new legacy is born.
What a story......

Bob Stoops.
Who builds Iowa into a top 5 program, wins B10 and makes CFP in four years.
Hands off to Mark Stoops..
The Hayden lineage continues and a new legacy is born.
What a story......
How long would the Stoops' have though? I guess my mindset is lineage or not it doesn't make sense to hire a coach with sight sets on having to replace him in the near future. I mean isn't Bob 62? Not saying he's too old to be coaching but I think if the ideal plan would be to bring Bob in for a few years before handing off to Mark then I'd just assume go with Mark.

Hawkeye fans lol. Fire the guy who's had Iowa in the top 25 regularly for 7 straight seasons and who is 59-23 in that same time span.

That's a 72% win percentage over the last 7 seasons - that very well could be the greatest run in school history when it comes to winning football games

I don't like to lose either, but I am thankful that we have a good coach that doesn't do that very often. It makes being a fan of football much easier.

Latest posts