In any other P5 program…

Normally I hate threads like this but I’m thinking the same damn thing. Two weeks to prepare for this game and Iowa will not even have a first down at half time.

I don't think we should fire Kirk. This is fine. The beginning of the season made it look like this team was ahead of schedule, and I bought in.

But this is where I had this team to start the year, 9 - 3, just different losses in a differ Next year is where I thought it was go time, even with Mich and OSU on the schedule. The line gets bigger, and we keep a lot.

Figure next year could be 10 - 2, but a trip to Indy.

The question is can the line improve enough?

… an offense this shit would have resulted in a wholesale change in the offensive coaching staff. But not at Iowa …

No one should ever have allowed this nepotism. BF should never, ever, get the reins. Kirk needs to be retired soon.
Because a wholesale change in the offensive coaching staff usually works, right?

Show me any staff refresh that’s worked and I’ll show you 20 that made it worse.

Can you get much worse than this?? You are right when you say this is the worst offensive line we have seen in a long time. Any other head coach and both the Offensive Coordinator and Offensive line coach would be gazing at the want ads. Remember we were bad last year as well

There is NO way BF should ever be considered for the HC job

Because a wholesale change in the offensive coaching staff usually works, right?

Show me any staff refresh that’s worked and I’ll show you 20 that made it worse.
Your continuity and stability arguments are fair, but you need to continue to evolve offensively and Iowa is often too stagnant.

Fry. They're already almost last in the FBS. You can't get worse.

I'm with you on coaching moves usually sucking, but you can't keep putting out 100+ ranked offense after another in a 130 team league. What's the worst that can happen, you drop from 110 to 123?