Illinisucks against Iowa Hawkeyes Game Thread

Even though Iowa got robbed, I think they take the momentum from the late comeback, get a 5 seed and make a deep ncaa tournament run. This team played hard at the end.

Seriously, Jon, can we please ban Hawk Nick again? He's even worse this time around.

Look at the bright side. We'll get such a bad seed in the tourney that it won't be such an upset when we lose in the first round.

Do I win anything for predicting this loss? Like a free popcorn at Kinninck this fall or something? My kid would dig it.

giphy.gif

By negative nancy, you mean one who has the balls to make an honest observation about the state of the team?

How would you explain away the month-long collapse of a team with 4 starting Seniors?

They have no chance in hell of winning an NCAA tournament game, but at least they will lose as a 7 or 8 seed instead of a 2 or 3 seed so it won't really be an upset. The way this team has played the past month they don't even deserve a spot in the CBI or whatever the hell it's called. What a pathetic showing by this team.

At least Big Wood was a force on the inside today, and if you didn't hear, Giasel is a frickin warrior
Worse than that is how the announcers b.s literally affects how fans think about those players. Don't trust your eyes, trust the announcers...

A win or 2 would have meant a 4 seed, but 5 is still not a bad position to be in. They got Peter Jok back on track and that will be huge. I have reason for confidence.

So if you can't coach in games that matter, are you a good coach? Fran will be on the hot seat by this time next year after he goes sub-.500 with his "great recruiting class", so we might as well get started now.

Latest posts