Illinisucks against Iowa Hawkeyes Game Thread

I have some news for you. Gassel lost that game. He is the worst point guard in the BIG, especially at crunch time. What he is was doing with the ball in his hands at the end of the half and the game is beyond me. And it is not just today. He has a history of bone head moves at critical times.

I will honestly not miss Gesell one bit. He has been absolutely brutal late in games. He was lucky to get a jump ball called after he turned it over at the end, and then he throws a terrible in-bounds pass. Not to mention the awful shot he took at the end of the first half. I absolutely believe we will be better off with Williams.

If the goal is to win games in the tournament, why would Woodbury or Gessell start and get major minutes next week?

By negative nancy, you mean one who has the balls to make an honest observation about the state of the team?

How would you explain away the month-long collapse of a team with 4 starting Seniors?

Nope, those observations are completely justified. Calling out players, over and over is pathetic. These seniors played their heart out for this basketball program, Woody & Gesell could have went anywhere. They are leaving this program a heck of a lot better than when they came here.

You just can't stand positively and confidence. I don't understand why so many people hate the Hawkeyes. Btw Iowa is in position to get or at least tie their best NCAA Tournament seeding in 10 years! I like what this team has accomplished this year and still can.

I have some news for you. Gassel lost that game. He is the worst point guard in the BIG, especially at crunch time. What he is was doing with the ball in his hands at the end of the half and the game is beyond me. And it is not just today. He has a history of bone head moves at critical times.
End of halfs, end of games.... Same Gesell result

This x 1,000,000,000,000

If the goal is to win games in the tournament, why would Woodbury or Gessell start and get major minutes next week?

Are you that clueless? When Woody goes to the bench Iowa's Rebounding and D stinks even worse, to see he should't see major minutes shows you have no clue about the game.

Nope, those observations are completely justified. Calling out players, over and over is pathetic. These seniors played their heart out for this basketball program, Woody & Gesell could have went anywhere. They are leaving this program a heck of a lot better than when they came here.

^this.

WB and Gesell are getting paid damn good tax money to play ball. For $100,000+ they can take criticism.

Don't give me the crap about how they're just kids. Those two (and the rest of them) are adults there to do one thing and that's play basketball.

If you're going to play D1 ball then psychotic fans come with the territory. Better get used to it.

I won't join in the bashing of individual players, but I will say this:

"New Hawkeyes, same as the old Hawkeyes."

We'll have one win in the NCAA tourney and everyone will get their hopes up again and then we'll get absolutely crushed by a 2 or 3 seed in the second round.

Latest posts